Britain is broken

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Salem

Re: Britain is broken

Post by Salem »

subsub wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:26 pm :lol:
The flag is nothing to do with the England shirt, anyway. The Three Lions badge is the emblem.
No shit Sherlock. Damn you're a smart cookie .

So what , if next time , the producers of the English national football shirt decide to make a "playful update" to the Three Lions ?

Do you think that Nike would make a "playful update" on the Saudi kit they produce by sticking a rainbow on it ?
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

birdie

Post by birdie »

Salem wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:45 pm
The flag is nothing to do with the England shirt, anyway. The Three Lions badge is the emblem.

So what , if next time , the producers of the English national football shirt decide to make a "playful update" to the Three Lions ?

Do you think that Nike would make a "playful update" on the Saudi kit they produce by sticking a rainbow on it ?
Good point, and the term 'playful update' is, at best, a feeble attempt to excuse a monumental balls up, and, at worse, sticking the finger up at England and English players and supporters.
But the point still, I think, stands. Some fecker at the FA must have approved the design.

Orf wiv 'is 'ead.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Salem wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:45 pm

"Playful update"

:lol:
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

subsub

Post by subsub »

Salem wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:45 pm So what , if next time , the producers of the English national football shirt decide to make a "playful update" to the Three Lions ?
It really wouldn't bother me. There have been numerous England shirts with the flag altered or used in different colours, and I don't remember any so-called "outrage" then, either.
Salem wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:45 pmDo you think that Nike would make a "playful update" on the Saudi kit they produce by sticking a rainbow on it ?
I've absolutely no idea, you'd have to ask them.
WOKE AND PROUD

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I'm just curious how many people moaning about this shirt actually planned to buy one. Politicians whine about this but it turns out their own party have edited the flag.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Vespa wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:46 pm
Salem wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:09 pm To me , it’s the principle.

Someone has signed that off and find it an acceptable thing to do.No discussion with fans or general public .

Like it or not , the cross of St George is our nations flag and is not something someone should have the power to change , regardless of their personal views .
How many England shirts have you bought.
Why does that matter?
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

They could change the lions on the shirt to meerkats for all I care, which would be more appropriate anyway, and the seething is ridiculous, but still don't understand why they would bother to change the flag in that way, it's totally pointless.

Was it for marketing purposes, to create what they have done, with all of this fuss, in the hope sales would be bigger.

All those who are bothered by it, send a message by not buying one. The bigger issue for me is the rip off price.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Sadact7 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:51 am
Vespa wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:46 pm
Salem wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:09 pm To me , it’s the principle.

Someone has signed that off and find it an acceptable thing to do.No discussion with fans or general public .

Like it or not , the cross of St George is our nations flag and is not something someone should have the power to change , regardless of their personal views .
How many England shirts have you bought.
Why does that matter?
See post above.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

It’s all becoming a bit performative this outrage at a bit of embroidery. People look like they’re trying to show it means more to them than anyone else. Look how much I care about my Country. More than you do obviously. I bet if England start winning in the kit they’d soon start buying it anyway.

The most outrageous bit about the shirt is the price as others have pointed out. Who in their right mind is going to pay that?

And don’t get me started on people over a certain age wearing football tops in the first place. Unless you’re participating in a sporting activity, these never any need to wear one. Especially when you have a complete strangers name printed the back. Who also is about half the age of the wearer. Isn’t that a little creepy?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:53 am They could change the lions on the shirt to meerkats for all I care, which would be more appropriate anyway, and the seething is ridiculous, but still don't understand why they would bother to change the flag in that way, it's totally pointless.

Was it for marketing purposes, to create what they have done, with all of this fuss, in the hope sales would be bigger.

All those who are bothered by it, send a message by not buying one. The bigger issue for me is the rip off price.
+1

125 quid for a shirt that costs a couple of quid to make is outrageous, but then again, no one is forced to buy one (other than kids begging their parents for the latest new thing etc)
No idea why they decided to change it, but designers and design agencies are always eager to get over-creative and try to reinvent the wheel.
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

JudgeTedd wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:26 am It’s all becoming a bit performative this outrage at a bit of embroidery. People look like they’re trying to show it means more to them than anyone else. Look how much I care about my Country. More than you do obviously. I bet if England start winning in the kit they’d soon start buying it anyway.
Exactly. All these knuckle-draggers on Twitting shrieking DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY?!? I DO etc :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

TalkSPORT have just reported it’s one of the best selling England shirts of all time.

:mrgreen:
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Job done. :D
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Just received an exclusive picture of England’s 24/25 kit. ⬇️

The F.A. has decided they don’t want to take any risks of upsetting anyone.

(Rrp £200)

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022