Gary Lineker

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
kancutlawns

Re: Gary Lineker

Post by kancutlawns »

Salem wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:24 pm
Vespa wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:31 pm
Why is it misleading, I could absolutely see someone like 30p Lee producing a poster as above. He's come out supporting all those positions.
Doesn't make him a Nazi or a racist though .

I'd wager there's more Britons that support all those positions that just Anderson...........myself included
:? Can you explain how that works?

Salem

Post by Salem »

kancutlawns wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:29 pm
Why is it misleading, I could absolutely see someone like 30p Lee producing a poster as above. He's come out supporting all those positions.

I'd wager there's more Britons that support all those positions that just Anderson...........myself included
How what works ?
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Salem wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:30 pm

How what works ?
How does that logic work? It appears that you follow a polcy espoused by the National Front as much as others and you don't believe that sort of politics is a racist or Nazi policy. I'm not judging, I just can't understand it.

Salem

Post by Salem »

kancutlawns wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:35 pm
Salem wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:30 pm

How what works ?
How does that logic work?
Look , i don't want to bore you with details but i have to go back to work . If you care to elaborate on what the fuck you are babbling on about , i'll try and get back to you .
"There was one victim"

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I’m here all day on and off. You made the comment on your OP, I would have thought you could explain that. :?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Lineker didn't call anyone a racist or a nazi. It's without a doubt that some in the Tory Party use language that would happily sit on a PA poster and not be out of place in 1930s fascist propaganda. My point is Lineker didn't need to mention Germany he could have pointed at any far right group in the UK for the last 100 years.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

kancutlawns wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:34 am
JimmyDee wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:27 pm
JW90 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:20 pm Don't remember Lineker being suspended when he said "Bin Corbyn" either.
Osama Bin Corbyn?
You shouldn’t make that sort of comment given the outcome of the actions of Al Qaeda, and the wounds of that conflict are still with those who survived and the relatives of those who didn't.
I normally edit these things down, but I thought I'd provide context.
He said "Bin Corbyn", using 'bin' to mean bin-off, that is giving Corbyn the elbow, putting Corbyn 'in a bin', as it were.
I used the words "Bin Corbyn" to make a play on words, on the name "Osama Bin Laden".

As you knew.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Vespa wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:55 pm

Lineker didn't call anyone a racist or a nazi. It's without a doubt that some in the Tory Party use language that would happily sit on a PA poster and not be out of place in 1930s fascist propaganda. My point is Lineker didn't need to mention Germany he could have pointed at any far right group in the UK for the last 100 years.
Jeepers! Twenty three pages in and it’s still having to be explained what Lineker tweeted. Will this madness ever stop?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JimmyDee wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:32 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:34 am
JimmyDee wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:27 pm
JW90 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:20 pm Don't remember Lineker being suspended when he said "Bin Corbyn" either.
Osama Bin Corbyn?
You shouldn’t make that sort of comment given the outcome of the actions of Al Qaeda, and the wounds of that conflict are still with those who survived and the relatives of those who didn't.
I normally edit these things down, but I thought I'd provide context.
He said "Bin Corbyn", using 'bin' to mean bin-off, that is giving Corbyn the elbow, putting Corbyn 'in a bin', as it were.
I used the words "Bin Corbyn" to make a play on words, on the name "Osama Bin Laden".

As you knew.
Yes I did know. I was only forewarning you of the err splashback from the poster who said we shouldn’t use any references to the Nazis because of those who died are still with us or related to us. With that sort of logic how does one reconcile with the Scotch who take Culloden or Bannockburn to heart.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:32 pm Jeepers! Twenty three pages in and it’s still having to be explained what Lineker tweeted. Will this madness ever stop?
He knew exactly what he was implying, and he no doubt remembered that Gaunt got sued for calling someone "a Nazi". He lawyered his way round it.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JimmyDee wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:40 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:32 pm Jeepers! Twenty three pages in and it’s still having to be explained what Lineker tweeted. Will this madness ever stop?
He knew exactly what he was implying, and he no doubt remembered that Gaunt got sued for calling someone "a Nazi". He lawyered his way round it.
That media colossus Gaunt who lost his job over ten years ago as a stick out thumb obvious example to anyone outside a TS forum not to employ the ‘N word’. That Gaunt? :shock: No one really knows Gaunt outside that group of ne-er do wells in the basement of this place let alone would use his example, perhaps they do, who knows?

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Talking of posters, who remembers this?

Unveiled the very morning the MP Jo Cox was murdered. Which looks suspiciously like this,

It’s not hard to see where the Conservatives are getting their ideas to attract voters from.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Oh dear. New agent required. :lol:

tbf though Gazbo has always thought that he is special, and that obviously he can do what he feels like.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64976007
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Salem

Post by Salem »

kancutlawns wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:35 pm How does that logic work? It appears that you follow a polcy espoused by the National Front as much as others and you don't believe that sort of politics is a racist or Nazi policy. I'm not judging, I just can't understand it.
OK . It's my belief that the National Front were a racist party out , amongst other things , to create division and hatred . Obviously there should be no place for that in British politics.
As for Vespas poster , i also believe that it has merits .
I agree we should stop uncontrolled immigration , immediately.
I think the Common Market was a good idea but I agree we we right to reject the EU .
I agree we should restore the death penalty
I agree we should make Britain Great again , why wouldn't you ? (Although I believe that ship has long since sailed)
I agree we should stop foreign aid or at least be a tad more select where we send it .
I agree we should rebuild our armed forces . The RAF alone has been cut by 60,000 personnel since I left in 1988 . Today , we couldn't stop the Salvation Army , let alone the Chinese .

If the above makes me a Nazi or racist , put me in a suit and call me Adolf . People are gonna judge me anyway .
"There was one victim"

Salem

Post by Salem »

Let's face it , if Lineker had tweeted in favour of the Governments immigration bill, the same snivelling crowd that are calling for free speech to be sacrosanct, would be calling for the greasy cunt to be cancelled.

Seems to be the way of the woke world we're living in
"There was one victim"