Post Brexit - part 21

In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Tick

Re: Post Brexit - part 21

Post by The Tick »

Get brexit done, they said...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... re_btn_url

UK to delay start of health and safety checks on EU imports – report
New post-Brexit border checks ‘set to zero’ to avoid what Defra calls risk of serious disruption

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Checks on food and plants is critical to public safety, this government wants to kick it past the election because it costs extra.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

More winning...

https://inews.co.uk/news/britons-europe ... TO=newsnow

Britons may put off Europe holidays to avoid chaos of post-Brexit digital border
One travel expert advises British tourists to avoid travelling to the EU for at least two weeks after the system comes into force this year

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

The Tick wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:31 pm More winning...

Britons may put off Europe holidays to avoid chaos of post-Brexit digital border
One travel expert advises British tourists to avoid travelling to the EU for at least two weeks after the system comes into force this year
I know two people who are seriously considering not travelling to Madrid this year. Put off by the queue at passport control for non-EU citizens.
A queue of over an hour in 2022, relieved only because some other passengers insisted that they be moved to the front - this was after 45 minutes. Last year it was over the hour in the queue.

Salem

Post by Salem »

Strange how i've been to Tenerife every year since 2018 (apart from the 2 years of Covid) and the only queing was the passengers who were on our flight . I'd say the longest i spent at passport control was 20 mins pre or post Brexit .

Indeed , it is plain sailing compared to the fucking chaos at Birmingham passport control . I understand different people have different experiences but i've never had a problem when travelling across Europe .
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Well one travel expert says you should delay your holiday for two weeks after the new system comes into operation. Unfortunately they don't tell us when that is, so let's hope they tell us soon, otherwise everywhere will be booked up.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Ah, here is some info. Most people will have had their hols, so no sweat as it will impact very few. Much fuss about not much as per.

The introduction of EES has been much delayed. It was previously scheduled for implementation in 2022, then May 2023 and then the end of 2023. EES is now scheduled to be introduced in late 2024,

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

VeritasVincit wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:03 pm
The Tick wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:31 pm More winning...

I know two people who are seriously considering not travelling to Madrid this year. Put off by the queue at passport control for non-EU citizens.
A queue of over an hour in 2022, relieved only because some other passengers insisted that they be moved to the front - this was after 45 minutes. Last year it was over the hour in the queue.
This is the same as flying to the US. It's just border control.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

There's no poem, just prose.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Salem wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:26 pm Strange how i've been to Tenerife every year since 2018 (apart from the 2 years of Covid) and the only queing was the passengers who were on our flight . I'd say the longest i spent at passport control was 20 mins pre or post Brexit .

Indeed , it is plain sailing compared to the fucking chaos at Birmingham passport control . I understand different people have different experiences but i've never had a problem when travelling across Europe .
I've had delays at Munich and Amsterdam. It was a completely predictable and predicted consequence. In fact the EU has made bilateral deals with other countries to expedit their entry and exit but we don't have one.

Salem

Post by Salem »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:01 pm
Salem wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:26 pm Strange how i've been to Tenerife every year since 2018 (apart from the 2 years of Covid) and the only queing was the passengers who were on our flight . I'd say the longest i spent at passport control was 20 mins pre or post Brexit .

I've had delays at Munich and Amsterdam. It was a completely predictable and predicted consequence. In fact the EU has made bilateral deals with other countries to expedit their entry and exit but we don't have one.
Gutted for you . Maybe you should have gone to Tenerife ? :D
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

When will we know if Brexit has been a success? And more importantly what will success look like?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Already is, in many areas.

UK exports are growing – reaching £870 billion in the 12 months to November 2023, and services exports are at an all-time high03. Since the referendum, the UK economy has grown faster than Germany, Italy, and Japan and at a similar rate to France (end-Q2 2016 – Q3 2023)04.31 Jan 2024.

All the anti-Brexiteers need to stop reading The Guardian. It's a self defeatist rag, which has created a negative mindset about Brexit. It's articles focuses on one eyed pessimism blaming Brexit for everything, often omitting other influencing factors, and certain people get sucked in, or use it to try and underpin their negative attitude.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

More winning...

https://theconversation.com/i-might-as- ... xit-225133

‘I might as well stop and diversify into holiday lets’ – new research reveals the reality of farming after Brexit