Post Brexit - part 21

In-depth debate on all topical issues
JudgeTedd

Re: Post Brexit - part 21

Post by JudgeTedd »

I’ve a feeling the DM get their readers worked up with the sensationalist headline and the first few paragraphs. Then whilst the readership is either frothing or dancing a jig around the kitchen, add the true facts about the story.

It’s a smart move as it avoids accusations of them not printing the real truth.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:41 am I’ve a feeling the DM get their readers worked up with the sensationalist headline and the first few paragraphs. Then whilst the readership is either frothing or dancing a jig around the kitchen, add the true facts about the story.

It’s a smart move as it avoids accusations of them not printing the real truth.
It's mainly about selling papers in shops, or getting clicks online. Which is partly why I don't bother touching any daily fail links whatsoever.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

But tHe dAiLy fAiL :lol:

The ones getting triggered, are the Guardian reading, BBC watching far left. Every time a link from The DF appears on here, we get this bed wetting, teeth gritting, tantrum. It's pretty funny seeing the deflection though from those who hypocritically use the 'but' on a regular basis.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

It's more that we know what conjured up nonsense the daily fail will serve up, and at least in my case don't want to contribute to its online click count.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Zambo wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:33 pm But tHe dAiLy fAiL :lol:

The ones getting triggered, are the Guardian reading, BBC watching far left. Every time a link from The DF appears on here, we get this bed wetting, teeth gritting, tantrum. It's pretty funny seeing the deflection though from those who hypocritically use the 'but' on a regular basis.
spot on

:dart:

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Can someone tell the Guardian that £7billion is a higher figure than £2 billion ?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... port-finds

'The Allianz report found the inflationary pressures from the new checks would be tempered by a two-year suspension of tariffs on goods not covered by free trade agreements, which would cut import costs by £7bn'
There's no poem, just prose.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

More winning...

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Livestock needs to be checked and that costs money, this point was made during Brexit.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:08 am
chelseachelsea wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:26 pm Real winning, not being a fucking poor loser............

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ow-eu.html

And as it's the Daily Mail, it will piss off a few forum members even more..
Nice headline….. it’s just a shame about the content. Having read the article, I find this bit quite revealing.

It comes as the government announced new trade talks with Turkey last month, which it hopes will give a further boost to the services sector.

However, the UK could slip down the table when the figures come out again next year, with a recent report finding that the value of total goods exports fell by £17.4 billion (4.4 per cent), between 2022 and 2023.

Last month's Office for National Statistics report said this was primarily because of falling imports and exports of fuels.
Well done like a true Remainer, you picked out 5% of the article to prove a point and ignored all the positives, again well done as Tick will approve.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

chelseachelsea wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:15 pm
chelseachelsea wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:26 pm Real winning, not being a fucking poor loser............

Nice headline….. it’s just a shame about the content. Having read the article, I find this bit quite revealing.

It comes as the government announced new trade talks with Turkey last month, which it hopes will give a further boost to the services sector.

However, the UK could slip down the table when the figures come out again next year, with a recent report finding that the value of total goods exports fell by £17.4 billion (4.4 per cent), between 2022 and 2023.

Last month's Office for National Statistics report said this was primarily because of falling imports and exports of fuels.
Well done like a true Remainer, you picked out 5% of the article to prove a point and ignored all the positives, again well done as Tick will approve.
Well done for still thinking Brexit was a good idea.

Strangely, you moan that people won’t read an article. Then moan even more when they do.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:19 pm
chelseachelsea wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:15 pm

Well done for still thinking Brexit was a good idea.

Strangely, you moan that people won’t read an article. Then moan even more when they do.
??? very odd

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

More winning...

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2024/a ... rters-warn

New Brexit checks will cause food shortages in UK, importers warn
Rules due to come in this month will impose new handling fees – and experts say small suppliers are already being driven away

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

The Tick wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:04 pm More winning...

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2024/a ... rters-warn

New Brexit checks will cause food shortages in UK, importers warn
Rules due to come in this month will impose new handling fees – and experts say small suppliers are already being driven away
I'm sure we'll survive and still be here in 100 years time, if not more, unless your friendly mate Putin decides against it.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

More scaremongering and irresponsibility from that left wing rag. There will be no food shortages, but it may result in some morons clearing supermarket shelves of the foods in question. That's down to The Guardian and those who suck that shite up.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

It'll be a problem when suppliers refuse to export to the UK.