Zambo

Post Brexit - part 21

Post by Zambo »

From here

https://talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t ... start=1500
The Tick wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:46 pm
Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:44 pm
How many minds have you changed?
Why does it matter? Everyone on here presses on with their own opinion regardless of how many minds they change on a topic.
Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:07 pm Just curious as to why you do it.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Tick

Re: Post Brexit - part 21

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:07 pm Just curious as to why you do it.
Telling the truth is important.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

It doesn't take "trawling the internet day and evening" to find what's wrong with what we have done.
You can see it every day.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:38 pm It doesn't take "trawling the internet day and evening" to find what's wrong with what we have done.
Am certainly anti-trawling, but when I read this particular thread, I would prefer not to read prejudiced one sided bollocks, and have all influencing factors included. Some people would think for example, that the world didn't suffer a deadly pandemic and Putin didn't invade Ukraine.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:46 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:38 pm It doesn't take "trawling the internet day and evening" to find what's wrong with what we have done.
Am certainly anti-trawling, but when I read this particular thread, I would prefer not to read prejudiced one sided bollocks, and have all influencing factors included. Some people would think for example, that the world didn't suffer a deadly pandemic and Putin didn't invade Ukraine.
The UK is the only G7 nation to not return to pre covid economic levels. So using covid as an excuse to cover the damage done by brexit doesn't work anymore.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

No one is using Covid as the main reason for some problems, just as Brexit shouldn't be used as the only reason for all problems. You are not fooling anyone apart from other blinkered and prejudiced people, that Brexit is the only cause of the shitshow we are in.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:54 pm No one is using Covid as the main reason for some problems, just as Brexit shouldn't be used as the only reason for all problems. You are not fooling anyone apart from other blinkered and prejudiced people, that Brexit is the only cause of the shitshow we are in.
I think it's fair to say enhanced passport checks are a result of Brexit and something we'll have to live with. If I could leave the country I'd find it annoying.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:54 pm No one is using Covid as the main reason for some problems, just as Brexit shouldn't be used as the only reason for all problems. You are not fooling anyone apart from other blinkered and prejudiced people, that Brexit is the only cause of the shitshow we are in.
Brexit underpins the inability of the UK economy to recover as other countries have recovered. The UK has condemned itself to economic decline with the execution of brexit. The reveal of other debilitating effects of brexit only cement further how it'll never be the big benefit it was promised to be.

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

Vespa wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:01 pm
I think it's fair to say enhanced passport checks are a result of Brexit and something we'll have to live with. If I could leave the country I'd find it annoying.
It's more than annoying .. a career ender for touring British artists eg.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Tick wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:39 pm
Brexit underpins the inability of the UK economy to recover as other countries have recovered. The UK has condemned itself to economic decline with the execution of brexit. The reveal of other debilitating effects of brexit only cement further how it'll never be the big benefit it was promised to be.
My point still stands. You have been using Brexit to blame everything from the increase in prices for energy and food, caused mainly by the Ukraine invasion, and the slow recovery of the covid pandemic. And you don't need to take my word for it, it's all over the Internet.

You of course won't, because that would make a dent in your MO.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:43 pm
My point still stands. You have been using Brexit to blame everything from the increase in prices for energy and food, caused mainly by the Ukraine invasion, and the slow recovery of the covid pandemic. And you don't need to take my word for it, it's all over the Internet.

Other countries have recovered to pre-covid economic levels, the fact that the UK lags behind is due to economic decline from brexit.

Brexit underpins the overall economic decline. The UK's food and energy crisis far outweighs anything felt in continental Europe.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

UK government acknowledges more winning...

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 12907.html

No 10 admits Brexit played role in chaos amid calls for crisis meeting

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

The Tick wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:47 pm
Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:43 pm

Other countries have recovered to pre-covid economic levels, the fact that the UK lags behind is due to economic decline from brexit.

Brexit underpins the overall economic decline. The UK's food and energy crisis far outweighs anything felt in continental Europe.

And what does the CEO of the Port of Dover know about the Port of Dover? These so-called expert are full of themselves. :mrgreen:
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

JudgeTedd wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:40 pm And what does the CEO of the Port of Dover know about the Port of Dover? These so-called expert are full of themselves. :mrgreen:
A lot of this noise comes from the government's tendency to simply lie about everything. If they had said from the outset that post Brexit the French carry out the same checks on the UK visitors as they do US, Chinese, Indian etc the story would have died last week.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Vespa wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:57 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:40 pm And what does the CEO of the Port of Dover know about the Port of Dover? These so-called expert are full of themselves. :mrgreen:
A lot of this noise comes from the government's tendency to simply lie about everything. If they had said from the outset that post Brexit the French carry out the same checks on the UK visitors as they do US, Chinese, Indian etc the story would have died last week.
Not sure that would’ve fitted in with their sunlight uplands approach. There’s still no sign of the German car industry yet, either.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022