Orange Fanta bottle tops

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
JudgeTedd

Orange Fanta bottle tops

Post by JudgeTedd »

Every time I buy a bottle of orange Fanta, I have a right wrestle with the bottle top trying to get it open. It’s only after I’ve lacerated my hand so I read that it’s designed to be connected to the bottle as it is easier to recycle. Do any other forummers have similar problems with everyday items?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Rowntree

Re: Orange Fanta bottle tops

Post by Rowntree »

JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:47 pm Every time I buy a bottle of orange Fanta, I have a right wrestle with the bottle top trying to get it open. It’s only after I’ve lacerated my hand so I read that it’s designed to be connected to the bottle as it is easier to recycle. Do any other forummers have similar problems with everyday items?
What do you mean?

Good thread so far. Would read again.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Rowntree wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:15 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:47 pm Every time I buy a bottle of orange Fanta, I have a right wrestle with the bottle top trying to get it open. It’s only after I’ve lacerated my hand so I read that it’s designed to be connected to the bottle as it is easier to recycle. Do any other forummers have similar problems with everyday items?
What do you mean?

They’ve designed the little bottle tops so they don’t come apart from the actual bottle. Why they think people can’t put both items in the relevant recycling bin is anyone’s guess.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:27 pm
What do you mean?

They’ve designed the little bottle tops so they don’t come apart from the actual bottle. Why they think people can’t put both items in the relevant recycling bin is anyone’s guess.
That sound quite inconvenient. Is there not a risk of it brushing against your nose and, with the little plastic tag bits attached, causing a scratch and making you look like a burns victim, or someone from the West Riding of Yorkshire?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Rowntree wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:38 pm
What do you mean?

That sound quite inconvenient. Is there not a risk of it brushing against your nose and, with the little plastic tag bits attached, causing a scratch and making you look like a burns victim, or someone from the West Riding of Yorkshire?
They must think we’re all sophisticated an’ that, that we always pour the drink into a convenient glass. It’s a bloody nightmare, as you say, not only do you get a bloodied nose but your hands are cut to ribbons too.

As gimmicks go, this is a total fail.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:05 pm
Rowntree wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:38 pm
What do you mean?

They must think we’re all sophisticated an’ that, that we always pour the drink into a convenient glass. It’s a bloody nightmare, as you say, not only do you get a bloodied nose but your hands are cut to ribbons too.

As gimmicks go, this is a total fail.
I'm Googling this disgrace.

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

I simply cannot believe what I am seeing.

I cannot ever remember a time I finished a bottle of Fanta or Coke, and then threw away the lid. Who the fuck does this?

I've put my foot through my laptop, and I'm sending Fanta the bill.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

What is the World coming to when you can’t enjoy twisting a lid off a bottle and enjoying the sweet nectar inside?

My MP is going to receive a strongly worded letter in the next few days.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:32 pm What is the World coming to when you can’t enjoy twisting a lid off a bottle and enjoying the sweet nectar inside?

Who is your MP?

I hope its not a woman LOL!

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Rowntree wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:37 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:32 pm What is the World coming to when you can’t enjoy twisting a lid off a bottle and enjoying the sweet nectar inside?

Who is your MP?

I hope it's not Suella! A fate worse than death if so.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Rowntree wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:37 pm

Who is your MP?

It’s some Conservative who’s been in charge for a long time. They never show their face round here though. Think I might send them a bottle of Fanta so they can cut themselves to shreds.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

antdad

Post by antdad »

How old are you JT (approx), could be a result of testosterone depletion cos your urning into an old cnut and you no longer have the man strength to get your fizz top off.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

antdad wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:25 pm How old are you JT (approx), could be a result of testosterone depletion cos your urning into an old cnut and you no longer have the man strength to get your fizz top off.
You’ve missed the point Ant-o, the top doesn’t come off. It’s connected to the bottle. Lord only knows why.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

antdad

Post by antdad »

As you said it reduces littering, plastic pollution and ensures the lid also enters the recycling stream. Doesn't the hinge just turn with the cap?

subsub

Post by subsub »

JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:47 pm Do any other forummers have similar problems with everyday items?
The way they still package things with a cardboard backing and plastic cover is intensely irritating, also the things shrink-wrapped with that hard type of plastic to save space.
They just don't work and opening them is a ball-ache nobody needs.
WOKE AND PROUD