Gaunt - Part 59: From Cradle to (Wals) Grave

Posts regarding presenters and shows of yesterday
birdie

Re: Gaunt - Part 59: From Cradle to (Wals) Grave

Post by birdie »

subsub wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:37 pm
birdie wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:30 pm
York Hunt wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:14 pm Here's something that isn't directly Gaunt-related, but has a kind of a link.

Iain Lee wasn't just targeted by Jon Gaunt, he also got a lot of bile from convicted stalker Alex Belfield, someone who's quite Gaunt-esque, an utter bully kicked out of conventional broadcasting for his despicable behaviour.

Iain is asking for screengrabs from Alex Belfield's Twitter account (@celebrityradio) where he is the target of abuse.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled fliiiiiiiiiies.
Everyone knows I don't do techy, but I understand that Bellfield bombarded his victims with text, email and facebook. Now, isn't it possible to block certain accounts from these platforms? Or just don't open emails, I get emails from companies and just delete without reading them, and I feel sure that you can block people from facebook and twitter, so why would someone allow themselves to be abused for 9 years to the point that they were, it was reported, minutes away from suicide.
I've no idea. I'd be very reluctant to be seen to defend a serial stalker, however.
Are you suggesting I'm defending Bellfield? If so, go fuck yourself.
I'm asking why people open email when they know they are from Bellfield, don't block them on twitter and facebook and delete texts without reading them, and doing that for 9 years to the point when they want to kill themselves.

Note to Mods, delete, amend as you see fit.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

subsub

Post by subsub »

birdie wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:57 pm
York Hunt wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:14 pm Here's something that isn't directly Gaunt-related, but has a kind of a link.

Iain Lee wasn't just targeted by Jon Gaunt, he also got a lot of bile from convicted stalker Alex Belfield, someone who's quite Gaunt-esque, an utter bully kicked out of conventional broadcasting for his despicable behaviour.

Iain is asking for screengrabs from Alex Belfield's Twitter account (@celebrityradio) where he is the target of abuse.

Everyone knows I don't do techy, but I understand that Bellfield bombarded his victims with text, email and facebook. Now, isn't it possible to block certain accounts from these platforms? Or just don't open emails, I get emails from companies and just delete without reading them, and I feel sure that you can block people from facebook and twitter, so why would someone allow themselves to be abused for 9 years to the point that they were, it was reported, minutes away from suicide.
I've no idea. I'd be very reluctant to be seen to defend a serial stalker, however.
I'm asking why people open email when they know they are from Bellfield, don't block them on twitter and facebook and delete texts without reading them, and doing that for 9 years to the point when they want to kill themselves.

Perhaps you could have worded it better. But please refrain from abusive outbursts - that is totally out of order.
But the main point is that I'm perturbed that you seem to think the onus is on those who are the victims of stalkers to be the ones who need to take action. That is not how things should work.
WOKE AND PROUD

birdie

Post by birdie »

subsub wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:09 pm

Perhaps you could have worded it better. But please refrain from abusive outbursts - that is totally out of order.
But the main point is that I'm perturbed that you seem to think the onus is on those who are the victims of stalkers to be the ones who need to take action. That is not how things should work.
Worded it better, in what fecking way? And don'[t tell me to refrain from anything, I could just as well tell you to do the same, pot kettle black comes to mind.

As for suggesting that the onus in on the victim, well, in a way it is. what sort of person opens emails and text knowing they are from a certain person, they can just as well delete without reading, or report to the police. That's what I would do.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Go on bird, stick it to ford prefect
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

HalfwitHerbie

Post by HalfwitHerbie »

If Iain is lawyering up and going after Bellfield, I suspect he’ll be going after Jongle too. It’s an open and shut case given the emails we know Gaunt sent him, and of course the repeated abuse and threats to reveal secrets he made on T2MR.

If Gaunt had any assets worth a penny, I’d suggest round about now is when he’ll be sweatily trying to transfer them to be in his daughters or (ex) wife’s names.
"Hey Depressed Boy. You want a shitfest, you've got one". Jon Gaunt to depression sufferer Iain Lee, e-mail 2016.

“He’s done the right thing”. Gaunt on Donald Trump’s gassing of refugees, November 2018: https://chirb.it/qJ3e7O

birdie

Post by birdie »

HalfwitHerbie wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:33 pm If Iain is lawyering up and going after Bellfield, I suspect he’ll be going after Jongle too. It’s an open and shut case given the emails we know Gaunt sent him, and of course the repeated abuse and threats to reveal secrets he made on T2MR.

If Gaunt had any assets worth a penny, I’d suggest round about now is when he’ll be sweatily trying to transfer them to be in his daughters or (ex) wife’s names.
I reckon he transferred his properties to his wife's name years ago, don't forget he got a lot of bad publicity in the press over his bullying of Mr Lee and any half competent lawyer could have taken action on a no win no fee basis and most likely have won, but I also reckon his name would have been put through Land Registry with a zero result, but I doubt those Cyprus villas he never bought, and the one on a Spanish island he was also considering, don't appear on UK land registry. In any case, he wouldn't have bought them under his own name, as they were investment properties he most likely set up a company in Cyprus and bought them through that. :lol:

shivah

Post by shivah »

You can be against what Belfield did but also react to the utterly barmy and horrific sentence he got. People who kill others with cars sometimes don’t get time in jail but hurty words? 5 years was utterly reprehensible.
Grunt is a Chunt.

shivah

Post by shivah »

subsub wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:09 pm

If it wasn’t for establishment arsehole Whine getting involved this would have never got to court.
Grunt is a Chunt.

subsub

Post by subsub »

shivah wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:41 am

You can be against what Belfield did but also react to the utterly barmy and horrific sentence he got. People who kill others with cars sometimes don’t get time in jail but hurty words? 5 years was utterly reprehensible.
He got less than the standard sentences for those offences. He should consider himself lucky.
WOKE AND PROUD

shivah

Post by shivah »

subsub wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:18 am
shivah wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:41 am

He got less than the standard sentences for those offences. He should consider himself lucky.
Then the law surrounding this is fucked up.
Grunt is a Chunt.

shivah

Post by shivah »

Michaelfatley wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:27 am
shivah wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:50 am
Michaelfatley wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:14 pm Looks like Gaunt has been ignoring correspondence from
Companies House. Both the accounts and confirmation statement of ASC Twelve are long overdue and the Registrar has started the compulsory strike off process which normally only happens if the Registrar has not received a reply to his reminders about the overdue items.
I suspect Gaunt will be happy about this as I reckon he is hoping his creditors (principally HMRC) will not raise any objections to striking off.
This sort of thing should bar you from ever being a director again. Gaunt seems to think it’s the act of reasonable businessmen to do stuff like this.
He probably will be barred from being a director again but I can’t see that bothering him. He must owe HMRC about £11k and avoiding paying that will be his sole aim.
I doubt he'll mind being bankrupted again, he hasn't got much to live for anymore has he? Diddums.
Grunt is a Chunt.

York Hunt

Post by York Hunt »

birdie wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:30 pm Everyone knows I don't do techy, but I understand that Bellfield bombarded his victims with text, email and facebook. Now, isn't it possible to block certain accounts from these platforms? Or just don't open emails, I get emails from companies and just delete without reading them, and I feel sure that you can block people from facebook and twitter, so why would someone allow themselves to be abused for 9 years to the point that they were, it was reported, minutes away from suicide.
Alex was blocked by many of the people he targeted, but he continued the harassment by naming them publicly in his abusive campaigns, making up lies against them, encouraging his audience to go after them and he even phoned a few of them at home.

It's all very well saying "block 'em and ignore 'em", but some determined trolls are truly vile and find ways round that. That's why the talentless creep is in jail, albeit not for as long as he should be.
The Independent newspaper reports on the Simple As Fat eating plan.

birdie

Post by birdie »

York Hunt wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:07 am
birdie wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:30 pm Everyone knows I don't do techy, but I understand that Bellfield bombarded his victims with text, email and facebook. Now, isn't it possible to block certain accounts from these platforms? Or just don't open emails, I get emails from companies and just delete without reading them, and I feel sure that you can block people from facebook and twitter, so why would someone allow themselves to be abused for 9 years to the point that they were, it was reported, minutes away from suicide.
Alex was blocked by many of the people he targeted, but he continued the harassment by naming them publicly in his abusive campaigns, making up lies against them, encouraging his audience to go after them and he even phoned a few of them at home.

It's all very well saying "block 'em and ignore 'em", but some determined trolls are truly vile and find ways round that. That's why the talentless creep is in jail, albeit not for as long as he should be.
Thanks for the explanation, I confess I haven't read up on the details of the case, and I'd never heard of him the thread on here. Sounds a thoroughly nasty piece of work, must have taken lessons from TFG.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Not even mentioning Gaunt"y" on the Gaunt thread?
Fucking hell ... a new low.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

birdie

Post by birdie »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:20 pm Not even mentioning Gaunt"y" on the Gaunt thread?
Fucking hell ... a new low.
C'mon on Jimmy, I mentioned him in the post above. :lol: :lol: