Tim Vickery

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Rowntree

Tim Vickery

Post by Rowntree »

Is this pompous cunt on every fucking programme?

He's coming on H&J shortly, and was on Paul Ross' atrocity of a show overnight, and Danny Kelly's Euro show most weeks, and I dread to think how many other programmes. How the fuck does he get away with this?

Looks like a shit as well.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

johnnyboy45

Re: Tim Vickery

Post by johnnyboy45 »

He reckons he looks like Noel Gallagher. πŸ˜€

kentred1

Post by kentred1 »

He absolutely knows what he is talking about though

antdad

Post by antdad »

Probably a touch over exposed on TS atm and has therefore repeated himself as he's on his annual visit back to Blighty to see his old ma. As a South American footy correspondant I see no reason he'd be on DK's TEE show unless they managed to shoe horn him into that as well to cover S.American players playing in Europe but I haven't heard him on it.

Looks perfectly ok for a 57 yr old, trim and still has his hair which is always a bonus. Other than that compared to most of the other sports journalistic dross on TS he's different class, less is probably more though.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Sex tourist
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

johnnyboy45 wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2023 2:29 pm He reckons he looks like Noel Gallagher. πŸ˜€
Glaucoma, is it?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

kentred1 wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2023 2:40 pm He absolutely knows what he is talking about though
He does but, oddly enough, I have very little interest in the Chilean second division. And his pomposity......

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

antdad wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2023 2:45 pm Probably a touch over exposed on TS atm and has therefore repeated himself as he's on his annual visit back to Blighty to see his old ma. As a South American footy correspondant I see no reason he'd be on DK's TEE show unless they managed to shoe horn him into that as well to cover S.American players playing in Europe but I haven't heard him on it.

Looks perfectly ok for a 57 yr old, trim and still has his hair which is always a bonus. Other than that compared to most of the other sports journalistic dross on TS he's different class, less is probably more though.
Maybe I'm irritated by him right now because of the overexposure.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Pomposity is spot on. He's a right drawn-out overblown little drama queen
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

As stated he's back in Blighty for a bit. Thing is he repeats the same gags on Ross, H and J and with Dotun on a Tuesday morning which is a pain.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Carlos J wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2023 3:50 pm As stated he's back in Blighty for a bit. Thing is he repeats the same gags on Ross, H and J and with Dotun on a Tuesday morning which is a pain.
A few years back, asked his opinion about one of the well-known books written about Brazilian football.

His reply was that I should not bother as it was shit.

Felt like responding by asking him how it compared to his.

Of course, he hasn't written one.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Yeah, he probably doesn't quite appreciate some weirdos listen overnight and during the day ;).

I don't get the pompous accusation, sex tourist perhaps. He's a working class lad who fell in love with Brazilian football while watching it with some fans in London and followed his heart.

@TM. Well you got his opinion on it, what was it?

cheesebag

Post by cheesebag »

johnnyboy45 wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2023 2:29 pm He reckons he looks like Noel Gallagher. πŸ˜€
More Noel Edmonds

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

antdad wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2023 4:19 pm Yeah, he probably doesn't quite appreciate some weirdos listen overnight and during the day ;).

I don't get the pompous accusation, sex tourist perhaps. He's a working class lad who fell in love with Brazilian football while watching it with some fans in London and followed his heart.

As I said above - he said rather curtly, don't bother, it's shit.

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

antdad wrote: ↑Wed May 17, 2023 4:19 pm

This is a very muddled post.