Cars

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Sunbeam Alpine

Re: Cars

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Then you were probably driving German cars with Vauxhall badges.
The Omega was made in Russelsheim; the Astra at Ellesmere Port; Frontera Luton; and the Vectra in four locations including Egypt and Russelsheim.
I had a Vectra which started suddenly losing power, once in lane 3 of the M6, where I just managed to get to the hard shoulder. Turned out to be a faulty fuel quality sensor. Frightening because you suddenly slow down but without brake lights telling those behind.
I demanded they put it right which they did and said it was common, but there was never a recall for it.
I have had 2 Skoda Kodiaqs which have been excellent and for what it's worth the Skoda dealer says the Czech factory gets the highest quality scores in the VW Group.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:47 pm Then you were probably driving German cars with Vauxhall badges.
The Omega was made in Russelsheim; the Astra at Ellesmere Port; Frontera Luton; and the Vectra in four locations including Egypt and Russelsheim.
I had a Vectra which started suddenly losing power, once in lane 3 of the M6, where I just managed to get to the hard shoulder. Turned out to be a faulty fuel quality sensor. Frightening because you suddenly slow down but without brake lights telling those behind.
I demanded they put it right which they did and said it was common, but there was never a recall for it.
I have had 2 Skoda Kodiaqs which have been excellent and for what it's worth the Skoda dealer says the Czech factory gets the highest quality scores in the VW Group.
Vauxhall is considered a British brand, irrespective as to where it’s manufactured.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Jonathan wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:22 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:47 pm Then you were probably driving German cars with Vauxhall badges.
Vauxhall is considered a British brand, irrespective as to where it’s manufactured.
Yeah but build quality can vary wildly from plant to plant.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

I am struggling to follow the logic of buying German cars , i assume because you think they offer greater quality, if you have in effect bought German cars before but they had Vauxhall branding applied.

Depends primarily on the manufacturer..and if you see the ranking for reliability with sources like Which they pretty regularly have Lexus , Toyota, the Korean brands near the top, and French brands and Landrover near the bottom.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:29 pm I am struggling to follow the logic of buying German cars , i assume because you think they offer greater quality, if you have in effect bought German cars before but they had Vauxhall branding applied.

Depends primarily on the manufacturer..and if you see the ranking for reliability with sources like Which they pretty regularly have Lexus , Toyota, the Korean brands near the top, and French brands and Landrover near the bottom.
I personally noticed the difference between BMW & Mercedes and Vauxhall cars. That’s just my opinion but appreciate yours may well be different.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

vOxAll R bEsT cOz dEy iZ sCoUsE iNiT
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I'm waiting for Gary Numan's contribution.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Jonathan wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:56 am
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:29 pm I am struggling to follow the logic of buying German cars , i assume because you think they offer greater quality, if you have in effect bought German cars before but they had Vauxhall branding applied.

I personally noticed the difference between BMW & Mercedes and Vauxhall cars. That’s just my opinion but appreciate yours may well be different.
One difference would be , car for car, that the BMW and Merc costs you probably 50% more.
Tho as the Which and other reports show they are resting on their laurels a bit.

finchman

Post by finchman »

theleader82 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:26 pm Are Vauxhall reliable ? I was thinking of maybe getting one of those mockas or a Peugeot 2008 as my next car. Beautiful design
If its reliability you are after and you can't afford a Jag then get a Toyota.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

finchman wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:48 pm
theleader82 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:26 pm Are Vauxhall reliable ? I was thinking of maybe getting one of those mockas or a Peugeot 2008 as my next car. Beautiful design
If its reliability you are after and you can't afford a Jag then get a Toyota.
Don't talk mince.
Jags are notoriously unreliable.

"The Jaguar Reliability Rating is 2.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 29th out of 32 for all car brands. This rating is based on an average across 345 unique models."

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Shaguar more like
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Three Garaguars more like.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Minceman

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Skodas are meant to be good these days, but they look a bit bland . Vauxhall has t he same designer as Peugeot now
Man U and rangers

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Having seen the new Corsa and 208 that makes a lot of sense.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On