Glasto 2023

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Jonathan

Re: Glasto 2023

Post by Jonathan »

subsub wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:19 am
lambrini wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:03 am Glastonbury is Britain's Coachella. Few people care these days.
Except that ticket requests are more oversubscribed than any other festival going :lol:
And record TV numbers as well but remember, few people care these days. Classic stuff :lol:

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

kevin04 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:30 am

To sound like a prick, but I remember when this was a music festival rather than a down memory lane/one last pay day for old big acts.
Spot on.

It’s turned into an event whereby people of a certain age go. These people always never got round to going when they were younger. But now they feel like they’d like to recapture some of their youth. You can tell how safe it’s become by the fact even the DM was praising it this morning. That’s a sure fire sign it’s not as notorious as it used to be.

Incidentally, it’ll be interesting to see who they get to headline next year. There’s not many people left who can draw in a crowd like Sir Reg did.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JudgeTedd wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:55 pm

To sound like a prick, but I remember when this was a music festival rather than a down memory lane/one last pay day for old big acts.
Spot on.

It’s turned into an event whereby people of a certain age go. These people always never got round to going when they were younger. But now they feel like they’d like to recapture some of their youth. You can tell how safe it’s become by the fact even the DM was praising it this morning. That’s a sure fire sign it’s not as notorious as it used to be.

Incidentally, it’ll be interesting to see who they get to headline next year. There’s not many people left who can draw in a crowd like Sir Reg did.
Stevie Wonder probably.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:15 pm

Spot on.

Stevie Wonder probably.
Maybe. But is it too soon after his last headline appearance in 2010?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Oasis will get back together after years of pretend feuding between the brothers mouth breather and errrr storm the main stage in a triumphant return.

After playing a warm up gig at Knobworth.

Cone on, you knooooow!

antdad

Post by antdad »

...yeah or they'll get back together when one of them get's hit with huge tax bill. What a puny little prick, I wonder if Citeah fans will still boo the UEFA CL theme tune.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Weyes Blood was one of this year's best acts. Rarely do singers sound impeccable live. Beautiful. Other highlights for me include Weyes' collab with Carolone Polachek, the Manics, Slowdive and Queens of the Stone Age.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

subsub

Post by subsub »

Spot on.

Fleetwood Mac is the big one. They've wanted to book them for years, but the band keep demanding too much money, apparently.
Wouldn't be the same without Christine McVie, anyway, now
WOKE AND PROUD

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

subsub wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:53 pm

Spot on.

Fleetwood Mac is the big one. They've wanted to book them for years, but the band keep demanding too much money, apparently.
Wouldn't be the same without Christine McVie, anyway, now
Stevie Nicks' voice is still pretty good. I considered seeing Fleetwood Mac live at the O2 a few years ago but decided against it in the end. Expensive, as you say.

Regarding old bands, I've been quite fortunate over the years. Danced on stage with Iggy and the Stooges, front row at Blondie and Black Sabbath concerts, and I saw The Stones about ten years ago. Sonic Youth at the Apollo. The Cure at the Albert Hall. Roxy Music, Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper and the Red Hot Chillis at the O2.

Sadly, the greats are dying. What's left, I have no idea.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Led Zeppelin with Jason Bonham on drums would be a good one. Very unlikely to happen though.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

lambrini wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:22 pm

Weyes Blood was one of this year's best acts. Rarely do singers sound impeccable live. Beautiful. Other highlights for me include Weyes' collab with Carolone Polachek, the Manics, Slowdive and Queens of the Stone Age.
STOP TRYING TO MAKE THIS A THING
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:20 pm
lambrini wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:22 pm

STOP TRYING TO MAKE THIS A THING
:lol:

Ghost when he's angry. We haven't seen his final form!

( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

antdad

Post by antdad »

@ Lambo. Re: Weyes Blood, handy outfit that would've saved her having to pitch a tent.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

antdad wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:08 am @ Lambo. Re: Weyes Blood, handy outfit that would've saved her having to pitch a tent.
She was trying to sidetrack all us who were wowed by Reg by crowbarring references to this niche band in. Heresy!

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

kancutlawns wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:14 am
antdad wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:08 am @ Lambo. Re: Weyes Blood, handy outfit that would've saved her having to pitch a tent.
She was trying to sidetrack all us who were wowed by Reg by crowbarring references to this niche band in. Heresy!

"Look at this band"
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break