Sky TV

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
lambrini

Re: Sky TV

Post by lambrini »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:45 am
lambrini wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:44 am
kancutlawns wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:41 am Gervais has the most irritating and contrived laughter anywhere. I do dislike his blooper outtakes a lot more than when he plays being a miserable cunt. What series were those outtakes from?
Having heard plenty of contrived laughter in my time, I believe Gervais's is genuine, in this instance anyway. After Life season 2.
I’ve genuinely never heard anyone laugh like that. I’d want them them sectioned if I had.
You wouldn't like my laugh, then! :lol: I doubt many can control the way they laugh. It's a knee-jerk reaction, like sneezing or crying.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

lambrini wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:56 am
kancutlawns wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:41 am Gervais has the most irritating and contrived laughter anywhere. I do dislike his blooper outtakes a lot more than when he plays being a miserable cunt. What series were those outtakes from?
Having heard plenty of contrived laughter in my time, I believe Gervais's is genuine, in this instance anyway. After Life season 2.
I’ve genuinely never heard anyone laugh like that. I’d want them them sectioned if I had.
You wouldn't like my laugh, then! :lol: I doubt many can control the way they laugh. It's a knee-jerk reaction, like sneezing or crying.
I just don’t see the attraction in seeing Gervais laughing like a deranged cretin and believe me there are loads of reels on YT of him doing that. It detracts from the quality of the humour when he does act with a genuinely bemused and disparaging straight face.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:59 am
lambrini wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:56 am
I just don’t see the attraction in seeing Gervais laughing like a deranged cretin and believe me there are loads of reels on YT of him doing that. It detracts from the quality of the humour when he does act with a genuinely bemused and disparaging straight face.
Fair enough. It doesn't bother me. I used to listen his podcast and XFM show with Karl and Steve, so perhaps I'm used to it.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Not sure if you’ve watched Upstart Crow, Lambers. I enjoyed it a lot. If you haven’t seen it, there’s a character called Kemp who is modelled on David Brent from The Office. He’s brilliant.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:18 am Not sure if you’ve watched Upstart Crow, Lambers. I enjoyed it a lot. If you haven’t seen it, there’s a character called Kemp who is modelled on David Brent from The Office. He’s brilliant.
No I haven't, Lawns. Thanks for the recommendation!
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break