The Premier League - Season 2023/24

Anything sportlike
JudgeTedd

Re: The Premier League - Season 2023/24

Post by JudgeTedd »

I’m not sure stats work out particularly well. You could make a case for Jens Lehmann being one of the best ever premier league goalkeepers just by the fact he didn’t lose a game in a whole season.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Yep, other players influenced that record.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:02 pm I’m not sure stats work out particularly well. You could make a case for Jens Lehmann being one of the best ever premier league goalkeepers just by the fact he didn’t lose a game in a whole season.
Shillbag can make any information work exactly however the hell he wants it to
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Not enough yellow and red cards in this game.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

What’s with all the smiles and backslapping? Those players should be dishing out right-handers to each other. Pull your fingers out, this is English football.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

It's still rumbling on, should Liverpool have had a late pen when Doku challenged MacAllister.

Ref, ex refs, VAR, pundits etc all have it wrong.

Some say yes because Doku's foot was high and he caught MacAllister in the chest. Some say no because Doku played the ball first. Both bollocks.

If you raise your foot that high, whether you play the ball or not, and an opponent is in playing distance, then you are endangering the safety of that opponent. Dangerous play without intent or force is punishable with an indirect free kick. It matters not whether it takes place in the box or on the half way line.

Those people who are supposed to be qualified and are pontificating need a brush up on the laws of the game.....

Playing in a dangerous manner is any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player themself) and includes preventing a nearby opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury.

Yellow card challenges are seen as fouls with no aggression

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Earlier this season MacAllister was red-carded for a foot-up which was below the knee of his opponent.
I don't recall who the referee was then, but the card was cancelled on appeal.
So there's another referee who according to you doesn't know the rules.

And Clattenburg has now weighed in with the view that it was a penalty.

So in three games this season against leading sides Liverpool have been on the wrong end of referee decisions.
They should have taken the lead at Tottenham through Diaz. They should have had a penalty against Arsenal at Anfield.

Yes the restart at Forest was a mistake but play went on for another two minutes before the goal. But even if you allow that they are possibly ( Spurs. Arsenal) 2-4 points under what would be right.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Will there ever be justice4jurgen

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:43 pm Earlier this season MacAllister was red-carded for a foot-up which was below the knee of his opponent.

So in three games this season against leading sides Liverpool have been on the wrong end of referee decisions.
They should have taken the lead at Tottenham through Diaz. They should have had a penalty against Arsenal at Anfield.

Yes the restart at Forest was a mistake but play went on for another two minutes before the goal. But even if you allow that they are possibly ( Spurs. Arsenal) 2-4 points under what would be right.
Someone who doesn't know that there are no rules in football doesn't really deserve an answer.

Moreover, any match official who doesn't know the difference between serious foul play, dangerous play, intent, and what constitutes an infringement, an indirect and direct free kick and a yellow or red card shouldn't be on the park.

Some of the ignorance displayed by those assessing the incident in question, given their status and standing is astounding.

If you believe that Liverpool should have been awarded a penalty, please explain why, using the laws of the game.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Laws not rules.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Zambo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:07 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:43 pm Earlier this season MacAllister was red-carded for a foot-up which was below the knee of his opponent.

Someone who doesn't know that there are no rules in football doesn't really deserve an answer.

Moreover, any match official who doesn't know the difference between serious foul play, dangerous play, intent, and what constitutes an infringement, an indirect and direct free kick and a yellow or red card shouldn't be on the park.

Some of the ignorance displayed by those assessing the incident in question, given their status and standing is astounding.

If you believe that Liverpool should have been awarded a penalty, please explain why, using the laws of the game.
Phew
I got an answer so that's not me then.
Who are you upset with? The professional referees you don't agree with, me, the world?
I quoted PGMOL saying the Arsenal decision was wrong and Clattenburg- among others- saying this one was.
I , a mere fan, find the idea that a kick at shoulder height is not dangerous play a bit strange. So are you saying he should have awarded an indirect free kick in the penalty area? Is there such a thing?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

My post at 16:07 spelled it out in detail.

According to the laws imo, the challenge should have been categorised as dangerous play, and Oliver should have awarded an indirect free kick to Liverpool inside the penalty area. Players can't raise their foot that high with an opponent that close without being penalised.

Oliver was wrong not to penalise the high foot but would have been wrong to award a penalty. I'm genuinely amazed that no one so far has spotted that.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

OK
Here's a question for you
If a free kick is awarded in the area, and it is within 10 yards of the goal, where does the referee establish the line for the defenders?

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

On the goal line, I'm sure I 've seen this situation in the past.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Oh god is he still going on about it