The Premier League - Season 2023/24

Anything sportlike
JudgeTedd

Re: Premier League Success Thread 2023/24

Post by JudgeTedd »

11mins injury time?????
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

antdad wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:40 am
kancutlawns wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:27 am You worried much about your fucked midfield with only Chuk and Gallagher playing?
I'll answer that, yes we should be but we do have Enzo and Lewis Hall has been doing ok but we are short. Gallagher is lightweight and he ain't no Modric and Chuc as you know is only a kid so expect to get a bit overrun this after.

On the Brighton side our splattercash owners seem determined to piss their investor's wealth right up the wall or straight into their bank account. Caicedo was bought by them for £4m :lol:
Thanks for the response, ant. Sort of revelling with Chuk getting messed around and it’s karma for him pushing so hard for a move out of Villa. Surprised that the move for Tyler Adams fell through. He brings the sort of industry and versatility yourselves and other sides in the Premier League need. Do you think you’ll miss the likes of Havertz, Kov, Jorginho and Kante?

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Season has barely started and already bored of Carragher and Neville and the forced banter.

antdad

Post by antdad »

kancutlawns wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:09 pm Thanks for the response, ant. Sort of revelling with Chuk getting messed around and it’s karma for him pushing so hard for a move out of Villa. Surprised that the move for Tyler Adams fell through. He brings the sort of industry and versatility yourselves and other sides in the Premier League need. Do you think you’ll miss the likes of Havertz, Kov, Jorginho and Kante?
I read we pulled out of the Adams transfer because of an injury/knee concern, don't know how true that is but likely as his release clause was met.

Kova yes, underated because he doesn't score much but our midfield always functioned better with him. Great carrier, short passer and dribbler of the ball and could drive past people as well as great work rate.

Kante unfortunately no because he's been so injury prone the last two or three seasons we just have to move on, his last great run of form coincided with our last Champions League winning run while his lack of game time probably contributed to the demise of our last few managers.

Jorge needed Kante's legs around him (who didn't). Never a favorite because he could be easily pressured and played around but when given time he could make the team tick. He can do a job as a sub but EPL pace is relentless so I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal let him go or didn't offer him another contract assuming he's on a year only deal.

Don't know about Havertz, it'll be interesting to see how he prospers at Arsenal as a No.8 which is supposed to be his true position or was at Leverkusen. We never really played him there but as a second 10 or 9 out of necessity.

Salem

Post by Salem »

kancutlawns wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:54 am
Salem wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:32 pm
Always nice to see that shower of shite get a shoeing :D
This from the Rangers and Wolves half and half scarf wearer. Worried much about the taps being turned off in God forsaken Wolrambton? :wink:
Not at all my Lawns . What will be , will be .

I have no doubt that Wolves will struggle this year and this will probably start at Old Trafford tomorrow . Yet that means little to me as i am a Rangers fan for my sins . No half and half I'm afraid .

But to be fair , your dummy Brummie outfit has hardly pulled up any trees against them since Wolves return to the Premier league. Maybe Wolves like playing at Villa Park because it has the same atmosphere as a morgue. I dunno .

Enjoy your evening
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

To be fair, we’ve always been crap against the Wolves. Your team have been very good on the press against us and as with Newcastle yesterday, we struggle when teams play with intensity. We can’t cope with it. I did like Ruben Neves with his leadership and passing.

How do you think you’ll do with the purse strings tightened?

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

What an assist. Wow!
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

antdad

Post by antdad »

JudgeTedd wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:48 pm What an assist. Wow!
Too good.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

antdad wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:56 pm
Too good.
Great game so far.

This Jackson bloke looks quite lively.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

antdad

Post by antdad »

He was good over the summer, our new no.9 (15). As we probably still pay half his wage I think Lukaku still wears it under his Milan/Inter top so it's cursed.

subsub

Post by subsub »

antdad wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:56 pm
Too good.
Happy with a point away at Chelsea.
Pretty lively game, and new midfielders looked good :)
WOKE AND PROUD

JW90

Post by JW90 »

JW90 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:21 pm Season has barely started and already bored of Carragher and Neville and the forced banter.
And then we had Daniel Sturridge singing.

Leeds fans are so right- Sky TV is fucking shit.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Was fearing the worst after 20 minutes but can't complain, both seem to be missing a player. :)

Sturridge the dim twit.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

antdad wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:04 pm Was fearing the worst after 20 minutes but can't complain, both seem to be missing a player. :)

Sturridge the dim twit.
Sturridge ain't that clever

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:43 pm
antdad wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:04 pm Was fearing the worst after 20 minutes but can't complain, both seem to be missing a player. :)

Sturridge the dim twit.
Sturridge ain't that clever
The only thing worse than his brain is his dress sense. Looked like a N-Sync reject today.

Have to say, Enzo Fernandez was fantastic this afternoon. I’ve been sceptical of all the hype around him as when I’d seen him prior he’d looked a hard-working and tenacious player but nothing particularly special, but today he grabbed hold of the game and absolutely ran the show. 22 years old and if he keeps improving he’ll be some player.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe