The Israel thread

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Holden Mcgroyne

Re: The Israel thread

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

paolo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:56 am good to see iran retaliating against these monstrous fucks

(get ready for the condemnation of iran by world leader....who have failed to say a word against the jew led holocaust and ethnic cleansing )

sad thing is, iran shot it's bolt, and it wasn't much good/

come on iran, do better
So we're now all on board with retaliating against the actions of a government by attacking civilians.

Cool
There's no poem, just prose.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:50 am
paolo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:56 am good to see iran retaliating against these monstrous fucks

(get ready for the condemnation of iran by world leader....who have failed to say a word against the jew led holocaust and ethnic cleansing )

sad thing is, iran shot it's bolt, and it wasn't much good/

come on iran, do better
So we're now all on board with retaliating against the actions of a government by attacking civilians.

Cool
We have been since Israel indiscriminately murdered thousands of Palestinian civilians.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

'Russia is calling for all parties to "show restraint" and "expressed concern" over further escalation after Iran launched missiles and drones at Israel overnight'.

They later said, they would follow their own advice and cease with the invasion of a sovereign country.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:52 am
Vespa wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:41 am
lambrini wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:11 am
Vespa wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:34 pm Iran bombing Israel I'm sure it'll end well ...
We're sleepwalking into World War Three.
I don't think so.
Nor me.
Iran know a direct military conflict with Israel will trigger the US to attack them. I wish for peace in the middle east but have no idea how they'll do it.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:08 pm 'Russia is calling for all parties to "show restraint" and "expressed concern" over further escalation after Iran launched missiles and drones at Israel overnight'.

They later said, they would follow their own advice and cease with the invasion of a sovereign country.
There's not a single one of the permanent UN security Council members who can lecture anyone on sovereignty, based on any of their histories.
Last edited by The Tick on Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:08 pm They later said, they would follow their own advice and cease with the invasion of a sovereign country.
Really?

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Vespa wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:09 pm

I wish for peace in the middle east but have no idea how they'll do it.
The Americans can get lost for a start.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Continued condemnation of Iran by all, including Sunak, but, unless I was asleep, I don't recall anyone criticising Israel for attacking Iran's consulate, which is deemed Iranian territory.

Shouldn't there be some criticism of Israel for attacking Iran? Seems that whatever Israel does is OK, including ethnic cleansing of Gaza, but just dare someone give Israel a taste of its own medicine and everyone take Israels side.

Admittedly the two have been taking pops at each other for years, but it cant only be one side which is in the wrong.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

The Tick wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:11 pm

No one is going jump on your hobby horse.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

birdie wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:20 pm Continued condemnation of Iran by all, including Sunak, but, unless I was asleep, I don't recall anyone criticising Israel for attacking Iran's consulate, which is deemed Iranian territory.
Hamas, Israel, Iran, and any country who is risking the lives of civilians by warfare should be condemned. The problem, including on here, is that there is some very selective and blinkered condemnation.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Vespa wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:31 pm
The Tick wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:11 pm

No one is going jump on your hobby horse.
Then you can forget about peace.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:53 pm
birdie wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:20 pm Continued condemnation of Iran by all, including Sunak, but, unless I was asleep, I don't recall anyone criticising Israel for attacking Iran's consulate, which is deemed Iranian territory.
Hamas, Israel, Iran, and any country who is risking the lives of civilians by warfare should be condemned. The problem, including on here, is that there is some very selective and blinkered condemnation.
Yep the whitewashing of Israel's actions by people, including on here, has been abominable.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Tick wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:23 pm
Yep the whitewashing of Israel's actions by people, including on here, has been abominable.
Same as wirh Hamas and Russia then.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Same as with the UK and the USA then.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:45 pm
The Tick wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:23 pm
Same as wirh Hamas and Russia then.
I've never met anyone who has defended Iran, Hamas or Israel for the horrible things they've done. Although any women cheering Iran obviously doesn't live there were the police beat you up for how you wear your hair.