Re: The Israel thread

Post by kancutlawns »

lambrini wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:01 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:58 pm
lambrini wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:54 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:30 pm
lambrini wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:16 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:26 pm
theleader82 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:15 pm Israel should respond with full force.
And what should that full force be? Love how these unqualified keyboard generals can propose such erudite and strategically intelligent action thousands of miles away without being specific. Do you think Israel should reoccupy Gaza? Do you think they should carpet bomb the territory? Yes, that would really not inflame the Gazans, Hamas and Hezbollah wouldn’t it?
I agree that retaliation isn't the right thing to do, but what would you suggest, Lawns? Should Hamas representatives (if they have any) sit down with Netanyahu and engage in talks? They don’t believe in diplomacy and reconciliation, let alone democracy and peace.The thought of being civilised and finding common ground wouldn't even enter their primitive little brains. They're animals.
With a weary sense of unease, seemingly decided your answer by calling them “animals”. Nice one. :roll:
What should they be called, Lawns? Sensible, rational human beings? Oh, I agree! Men who rape and kill innocent people out of religious arrogance and resentment certainly deserve to keep their rights. They're not animals in the slightest! For God's sake, just listen to yourself.

If being "polemic" and a contrarian means condemning the barbaric acts of Islamic extrem then so be it.
What do you call the settlers and politicians who are beating innocent Gazans and calling for collective punishment against them? That’s acceptable to you is it? You OK with settlers forcing people out of their homes, burning their olive groves and attacking them? That’s acceptable to you?
Yay! There we go! I suspected the whataboutery would appear at some point.

For the record, no. It's not acceptable. Why do you ask? Why are you trying to justify Hamas' barbarity?
Whataboutary when mentioning the other active party in a two nation? How so? Why would I justify what Hamas have done? Are you suggesting I have somehow justified what they did yesterday? Be careful now.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Lawns: omg! You may as well add your military prowess to the argument!
Also Lawns: I kNoW mY HiStoRy!
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7
“Decent long termer”–Paolo

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

kancutlawns wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:05 pm
theleader82 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:15 pm Israel should respond with full force.
And what should that full force be? Love how these unqualified keyboard generals can propose such erudite and strategically intelligent action thousands of miles away without being specific. Do you think Israel should reoccupy Gaza? Do you think they should carpet bomb the territory? Yes, that would really not inflame the Gazans, Hamas and Hezbollah wouldn’t it?
I agree that retaliation isn't the right thing to do, but what would you suggest, Lawns? Should Hamas representatives (if they have any) sit down with Netanyahu and engage in talks? They don’t believe in diplomacy and reconciliation, let alone democracy and peace.The thought of being civilised and finding common ground wouldn't even enter their primitive little brains. They're animals.
With a weary sense of unease, seemingly decided your answer by calling them “animals”. Nice one. :roll:
What should they be called, Lawns? Sensible, rational human beings? Oh, I agree! Men who rape and kill innocent people out of religious arrogance and resentment certainly deserve to keep their rights. They're not animals in the slightest! For God's sake, just listen to yourself.

If being "polemic" and a contrarian means condemning the barbaric acts of Islamic extrem then so be it.
What do you call the settlers and politicians who are beating innocent Gazans and calling for collective punishment against them? That’s acceptable to you is it? You OK with settlers forcing people out of their homes, burning their olive groves and attacking them? That’s acceptable to you?

For the record, no. It's not acceptable. Why do you ask? Why are you trying to justify Hamas' barbarity?
Whataboutary when mentioning the other active party in a two nation? How so? Why would I justify what Hamas have done? Are you suggesting I have somehow justified what they did yesterday? Be careful now.
Yup.

You literally condemned me for calling them animals. Why, Lawns?
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

"Careful now"

Okay. Yeah. :lol:

( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

lambrini wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:07 pm

Yup.

Hard to debate with you lambrini when you make it about your personal feelings.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:51 pm
Carlos J wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:45 pm Are you going to answer Lambrini's question about what you suggest then kancut?

After all, you call her post a 'polemic' and you must have some answers judging by your IMO snide replies to other forum members.
I do yeah and I think it’s a two state solution which is a mutually agreeable one and doesn’t need ultra right politicians in Israel calling the Palestinians cockroaches, evil scum and subhuman and worse. I’m sure you’ve followed the decades old conflict and know what I’m referring to.

Are you aware of Palestinian children being beaten, bundled into army vehicles and attacked by settlers across the West Bank and Gaza? Is this an acceptable response?

What specifically are you asking for a response to? The coordinated attacks yesterday by Hamas? Well, the Israelis and going to pound Gaza, raise it to the ground and kill hundreds of people regardless of you and I say.
I was asking for a response to lambrini's, "I agree that retaliation isn't the right thing to do, but what would you suggest, Lawns?" and got it, thank you.

I am aware of Palestinian children being beaten and have been since seeing Israeli soldiers take boys up to the hills and use rocks to break their bones during the first Intifada which was caught on camera.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

You just watch this stuff and morn all the people who just want a simple, peaceful, life.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

kancutlawns wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:12 pm
lambrini wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:07 pm

Yup.

Hard to debate with you lambrini when you make it about your personal feelings.
How is calling Hamas "animals" my personal feelings? Rapists and murderers are animals. I surprised you disagree, but perhaps I'm missing something.
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:16 pm You just watch this stuff and morn all the people who just want a simple, peaceful, life.
Yep. And it's all driven by religion and ideology. Tribe against tribe. It's so sad.
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

paolo

Post by paolo »

lambrini wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:25 pm
Vespa wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:16 pm You just watch this stuff and morn all the people who just want a simple, peaceful, life.
Yep. And it's all driven by religion and ideology. Tribe against tribe. It's so sad.
A lot of the trouble is caused by what Israel and it’s supporters have done to Palestine , it’s people and it’s land
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

paolo wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:26 pm
A lot of the trouble is caused by what Israel and it’s supporters have done to Palestine , it’s people and it’s land
Jews have every right to live there as much as Palestinians. I don't understand why the two can't coexist in relative peace, nor why neighboring Arab countries have to stick their oar in.

Interestingly, the Israel has offered Palestinians a state of their own on numerous occasions, and they declined. Why?
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

lambrini wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:32 pm
Jews have every right to live there as much as Palestinians. I don't understand why the two can't coexist in relative peace, nor why neighboring Arab countries have to stick their oar in.

Interestingly, the Israel has offered Palestinians a state of their own on numerous occasions, and they declined. Why?

Israel was never serious about any lasting peace, or two state solution. The closest they got was the Oslo Accord as signed by Yitzhak Rabin. Then he was assassinated by a Jewish extremist and little to nothing came out of it.

Israel talks peace but acts war and expansion.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

The Tick wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:39 pm

Israel was never serious about any lasting peace, or two state solution. The closest they got was the Oslo Accord as signed by Yitzhak Rabin. Then he was assassinated by a Jewish extremist and little to nothing came out of it.

Israel talks peace but acts war and expansion.
Could that final sentence also be.....Russia talks peace but acts war and expansion

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Russia has nothing to do with the Israel/Palestine conflict.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Ready Bg your reply, I’m not too sure you understand what happened and continues to happen.

Perhaps compare and contrast Palestine from say, 1946 to Palestine today

Post your findings
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas