Talksport - the main station discussion place
scully

Come on Spain

Post by scully »

I’m sick of hearing about birds footy

cheesebag

Re: Come on Spain

Post by cheesebag »

They are trying to make it a "thing", they got smashed (pardon the pun) by a bunch of 15 year old lads

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Me too. The 5am show with shebang was unbearable

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

cheesebag wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:36 am They are trying to make it a "thing", they got smashed (pardon the pun) by a bunch of 15 year old lads
Normally I'd take exception to womens' sport being compared to mens' sport, were it not for THIS, where they make a ner-ner-ner comparison.
Don't you dare compare men goalies to women goalies!
The wokies can't have it both ways :-)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... eason.html
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I've enjoyed the tournament, one of the reasons is it has been low-key. I notice they are moaning about no one going to the final, it is true if this was the men's game the entire government would be over there.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

It doesn't hugely bother me either way. I'll go with whichever side Jim White doesn't want to win.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

The real tragedy of womens football is that whenever there's a game on then somewhere there's 22 men going without sandwiches.

Think on that you heartless bitches.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

GLeeder

Post by GLeeder »

We'll never hear ths last of it if they win this...and its seemed inevitable ever since the USA were knocked out

They'll be demanding all sorts , and extra coverage completey disproportionate to its popularity.

Sky gave already lost so much other football, whilst televising WSL which nobody watches.

antdad

Post by antdad »

:) Bas, you're truely enlightened. Brace yourselves they have a really good chance.

Why's that Vespa, the final shurely sold out or is it cos England are playing and home crowd don't want to come?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

antdad wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:37 pm :) Bas, you're truely enlightened. Brace yourselves they have a really good chance.

Why's that Vespa, the final shurely sold out or is it cos England are playing and home crowd don't want to come?
Fuck knows, but we all know if the men's team were in the world cup finals Prince Bill and Rishi would be there, probably even dull Keir. Seems a bit weird they hadn't planned it.
Last edited by Vespa on Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Oh, my bad thought you meant fans not government. Yes you're probably right plus current government according to their research doesn't want to be seen as too woke atm.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

antdad wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:06 pm Oh, my bad thought you meant fans not government. Yes you're probably right plus current government according to their research doesn't want to be seen as too woke atm.
Not sure what is woke about attending a women's team attending a final, it just seems they didn't think it through. Guess they'll whizz Lucy Frazer over there.
Last edited by Vespa on Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Aren't the Lionesses synonymous with campaigning against social injustice, equality and LGBQT+ rights and so on? Clearly FIFA stamped on the wearing of the One Love arm band fairly strongly.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

antdad wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:22 pm Aren't the Lionesses synonymous with campaigning against social injustice, equality and LGBQT+ rights and so on? Clearly FIFA stamped on the wearing of the One Love arm band fairly strongly.
I wouldn't bet the lesbians support the whole QT+ bit.