The Tory Gov Bullshit thread - Part 4

In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Tick

Re: The Tory Gov Bullshit thread - Part 4

Post by The Tick »

James O' Brien perfectly captures the years of tory corruption, incompetence, and exploitation of public idiocy.

subsub

Post by subsub »

The Tick wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:50 pm James O' Brien perfectly captures the years of tory corruption, incompetence, and exploitation of public idiocy.

And still people will never even consider voting Labour because of something that happened half a century ago :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Some people will never vote Labout because of what they stand for, (not what they claim to, but what they do) the effect of the far left and unions and because People don't want to become even poorer. And there is a lot more

To say that it's because of one situation is naive in the extreme, and moreover insulting.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

subsub wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:54 pm
The Tick wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:50 pm James O' Brien perfectly captures the years of tory corruption, incompetence, and exploitation of public idiocy.

And still people will never even consider voting Labour because of something that happened half a century ago :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Like Labour supporters and Thatcher ?
There's no poem, just prose.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:00 am

Plenty of die-hard red seats have gone Tory over the past decade. Constituencies that were previously considered inconceivable to turn blue have done, but they have. I suspect they'll turn back at the next election.
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:45 am Some people will never vote Labout because of what they stand for, (not what they claim to, but what they do) the effect of the far left and unions and because People don't want to become even poorer. And there is a lot more

To say that it's because of one situation is naive in the extreme, and moreover insulting.
But there are still tons of people who bang on about the three-day week etc, as if that was the last time Labour were in power!
WOKE AND PROUD

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

subsub wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:55 am
Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:00 am

Plenty of die-hard red seats have gone Tory over the past decade. Constituencies that were previously considered inconceivable to turn blue have done, but they have. I suspect they'll turn back at the next election.
Without doubt. Still can't quite get my head around somewhere like Bolsover where Labour had a majority pushing 30,000 in the 90's turning Tory.
There's no poem, just prose.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Not sure why people think Labour, LibDem or Tory 'stand' for anything. Johnson wasn't anything like May, and Starmer isn't anything like Corbyn. The LibDems bounce around.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I guess they all claim to stand for something and have certain beliefs, although their statements of intent are either just jargon or really meaningless when you try to match what they say v their policies.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:18 pm I guess they all claim to stand for something and have certain beliefs, although their statements of intent are either just jargon or really meaningless when you try to match what they say v their policies.
If Starmer run the Tories and Sunak run Labour, I doubt you'd make much of a difference. The Tory's problem is that they've fallen into the same trap Labour did with Corbyn and let the loony wing take control. You only have to look at Truss who was kicked about by here own party run around blaming the 'woke left'.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I think that there is more influence in the Labour Party from the far left, than there is from the far right in the Conservatives. I don't think the Conservatives are a centre right party these days.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

subsub wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:56 am
Zambo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:45 am Some people will never vote Labout because of what they stand for, (not what they claim to, but what they do) the effect of the far left and unions and because People don't want to become even poorer. And there is a lot more

But there are still tons of people who bang on about the three-day week etc, as if that was the last time Labour were in power!
And it was the tories in power when the three day week thing occurred.

The brexit fantasy is what turned the old Labour heartlands tory. The disastrous effects of brexit will see a quiet return to Labour.

As for tory heartlands in the south that felt neglected, the lib dems are posing an attractive alternative.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Let's drop the attractive alternative and leave posing. Ed 'who' Davey needs a bit more exposure.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Zambo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:43 pm I think that there is more influence in the Labour Party from the far left, than there is from the far right in the Conservatives. I don't think the Conservatives are a centre right party these days.
That is a staggering observation.

It ignores pretty much everything that has happened over the last couple of years.

Amazing.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:43 pm I think that there is more influence in the Labour Party from the far left, than there is from the far right in the Conservatives. I don't think the Conservatives are a centre right party these days.
Not sure how much far left stuff there is in Labour these days.
Not sure how much far right in the Tories, either, given that most of them fucked off to join UKIP/Brexit/Reform party etc, although the demonising of immigrants has echoes of the far right
WOKE AND PROUD