Football focus

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
theleader82

Football focus

Post by theleader82 »

Apparently football focus could finish due to a decline in viewership. I wonder what’s caused this
Man U and rangers

subsub

Re: Football focus

Post by subsub »

theleader82 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:04 pm Apparently football focus could finish due to a decline in viewership. I wonder what’s caused this
I suspect because people get notifications on their phones every time a goal goes in, which kind of makes the programme irrelevant.
WOKE AND PROUD

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Could be because it's absolute anus
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

It’s a shame I grew up
Watching it . I’ve never seen soccer am. My parents didn’t want a satellite dish on their house
Man U and rangers

subsub

Post by subsub »

theleader82 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:29 pm It’s a shame I grew up
Watching it . I’ve never seen soccer am. My parents didn’t want a satellite dish on their house
Then you dodged a huge bullet by avoiding Watford-turned-Chelsea-fan Tim Lovejoy.
WOKE AND PROUD

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

There is only one reason viewing figures have reduced.

Only one.

paolo

Post by paolo »

henrycrs wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:52 pm There is only one reason viewing figures have reduced.

Only one.
Wokery and the crazy decision to have wimmin in men’s football

Lineswomen, refs, commentators, pundits

Grim
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

I think younger viewers are getting their football preview fix from YouTube channels or podcasts. That's what did for Soccer AM plus the fact they couldn't move the show out of the blokey era of the noughties.

It doesn't help that the BBC have tried to insert Alex Scott into every single bloody show or presenting gig they have (One Show, Strictly etc.) That must be a massive turn off for viewers as as over familiarity breeds contempt.

At least back then we didn't have to see Bob Wilson have his own bloody chat show.

It's never been any good since the 90s IMO and went downhill as soon as they made it a safe space for Mark Lawrenson to inflict his diatribe on us.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:27 pm Could be because it's absolute anus
Bang on.

It's shit

antdad

Post by antdad »

:lol: Was going to mention Lawro who milked a career in punditary repeating the same old shite, watched Ray and those previous never Walker and not much of Manish.

The landscape for this sort of footy magazine programme including a review of Saturday's games has become increasingly irrelevent with kick offs all over the place and 24 hr sports reporting. Just had a flick through the latest episode and the pundits are fairly low grade too, uninspiring.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I remember in the 90s growing up with grandstand and final score with des Lynham. A different era
Man U and rangers

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Did you watch Saint and Greavsie, leado?

PS Who is your football team? I can't remember you ever saying. AND did you ever master that 7/10 split in bowling?!
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Turningleft

Post by Turningleft »

It's past it's time unfortunately. Things have moved on though my mate watches it religiously the sad test 🤪

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:16 pm I remember in the 90s growing up with grandstand and final score with des Lynham. A different era
These shows were on a downward slide in the 1990s and at that time, the Beeb was losing a lot of the decent sports events. Dishy Des was only really renowned for being the Leslie Phillips of the age and a housewife’s favourite. Grandstand was far more popular in the 1970s and 80s.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

antdad wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:08 am :lol: Was going to mention Lawro who milked a career in punditary repeating the same old shite, watched Ray and those previous never Walker and not much of Manish.

The landscape for this sort of footy magazine programme including a review of Saturday's games has become increasingly irrelevent with kick offs all over the place and 24 hr sports reporting. Just had a flick through the latest episode and the pundits are fairly low grade too, uninspiring.
Don’t forget Garth Crooks.