U2 in Vegas

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Sadact7

Re: U2 in Vegas

Post by Sadact7 »

lambrini wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:50 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:45 pm
antdad wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:46 am ^^^ :lol: Were you even born in 1980?

I have some of the early stuff...Boy, UBRS, The Unforgetable Fire etc when they were still pretty raw. They've produced some good stuff since imo just not enough for me to further invest in them. Folks often get a bit snooty when a band achieves mega status and are so long-lived and popular.

As for the sphere, first thing I'd want to know is what it's like to be a goldfish.
All their albums up to and including Rattle & Hum and The Joshua Tree were class. A great band in the eighties. They went a bit shit after The Fly really and they went a bit too much on a world stage which was inevitable. Lost their appeal.
You're looking at a girl who knows her music. While some of their early stuff is pretty decent – Boy, War, The Joshua Tree – the latter is one of the albums that defined the '80s – they've been overrated for years. Bono is an absolute tube.
U2…if they were any more middle of the road they’d be called fucking Cats Eye. “Rock music” for people who don’t know how to rock.

Henry Rollins had them pegged early doors.

They’re an infection.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Sadact7 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:40 pm
lambrini wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:50 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:45 pm
antdad wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:46 am ^^^ :lol: Were you even born in 1980?

I have some of the early stuff...Boy, UBRS, The Unforgetable Fire etc when they were still pretty raw. They've produced some good stuff since imo just not enough for me to further invest in them. Folks often get a bit snooty when a band achieves mega status and are so long-lived and popular.

As for the sphere, first thing I'd want to know is what it's like to be a goldfish.
All their albums up to and including Rattle & Hum and The Joshua Tree were class. A great band in the eighties. They went a bit shit after The Fly really and they went a bit too much on a world stage which was inevitable. Lost their appeal.
You're looking at a girl who knows her music. While some of their early stuff is pretty decent – Boy, War, The Joshua Tree – the latter is one of the albums that defined the '80s – they've been overrated for years. Bono is an absolute tube.
U2…if they were any more middle of the road they’d be called fucking Cats Eye. “Rock music” for people who don’t know how to rock.

Henry Rollins had them pegged early doors.

They’re an infection.
You hit the nail on the head, Sadders.

LOL! This still makes me laugh:

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

"Why the rope everywhere? Why the plastic fruit?"
"The man is mentally ill!"

"How long u live in haus?"
"Since d' eiiiiigh'tes."

Cracks me up 🤣🤣🤣🤣
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

antdad

Post by antdad »

Hey, if you're still going for forty years middle of road is all you can possibly be. Come on S7 you can't seriously index Rollins possibly the worst poet, actor and bodybuilder on earth. Yeah seen The Rollins Band a few times and was made to go to one of his poetry readings with an ex, that's why she's an ex. :lol:

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

antdad wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:18 am Hey, if you're still going for forty years middle of road is all you can possibly be. Come on S7 you can't seriously index Rollins possibly the worst poet, actor and bodybuilder on earth. Yeah seen The Rollins Band a few times and was made to go to one of his poetry readings with an ex, that's why she's an ex. :lol:
Ha. I think old Henry was playing Partridgeland during a speaking tour some time back and was tempted to go. Decided not to in the end.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

At first I didn't see what the big deal was about U2, as they were seemed to desperately want to be loved in America in the 80s

Then for two albums, for me, they got sonically interesting with Achtung Baby and Zooropa before reverting their dullest mode which continues to this day.

Never been convinced.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

englundgambit2

Post by englundgambit2 »

fuck me so the earth really is round after all

paolo

Post by paolo »

i left vegas, drove to joshua tree national park, and then to the town of joshua tree

didn't see bono
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

You were extremely lucky.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

paolo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:32 am i left vegas, drove to joshua tree national park, and then to the town of joshua tree

didn't see bono
Any piccies?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Sheathed?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

paolo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:32 am i left vegas, drove to joshua tree national park, and then to the town of joshua tree

didn't see bono
One of my best friends, a lifelong Elvis fan, is visiting the States next week for a three-week trip across the Deep South. It sounds amazing; I'm a tad jealous. :lol:
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

paolo

Post by paolo »

lambrini wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:49 pm

didn't see bono
One of my best friends, a lifelong Elvis fan, is visiting the States next week for a three-week trip across the Deep South. It sounds amazing; I'm a tad jealous. :lol:
i am trying to get to europe, a few loose ends to tie up but i might have a usa trip at the end of this month as i am bidding on some bikes at mecum

got to win 2 or three to make it worthwhile

as 2024 closes in, it might be time to get any travelling in now as the new pandemic is planned and released, world war, riots with november elections and collapse of the dollar
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

paolo wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:26 am

didn't see bono
i am trying to get to europe, a few loose ends to tie up but i might have a usa trip at the end of this month as i am bidding on some bikes at mecum

as 2024 closes in, it might be time to get any travelling in now as the new pandemic is planned and released, world war, riots with november elections and collapse of the dollar
Replying to a three month old post with what is essentially a non sequitur.

Top Paoloing :D
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

paolo

Post by paolo »

Sadact7 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:03 pm
paolo wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:26 am

didn't see bono

Replying to a three month old post with what is essentially a non sequitur.

Top Paoloing :D

fucking lol, Brother!!
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas