Shaving your head

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
kevin04

Shaving your head

Post by kevin04 »

I shaved my head recently.

My hairline is actually alright (its the back and crown that is thinning). As in even after shaving it down to a zero, within a week you can see how sparse and thin the crown is. I've got dark brown (''black hair for a white person''as a Chinese person described it once :lol: ) so you can see the thinning almost straight away after a few day's growth.

I used to grow my hair out at the back and fold it over a bit - but what good does that do in the pissing wind and rain of north Europe. And hitting 40, i stopped giving a fudge and decided to shave it off.

Its not amazing, I would prefer to have hair, I have a huge big face, I've got huge lugs, a big Celtic (with a K) tattie heid and a monobrow but amazing how liberating this is. I used to subconsciously think if under a bright light or a bus/train that the people behind me would be staring at my thinning crown/bald spot.

My pal's girlfriend runs a hair extension shop and she gave me a wig for a few days :D I tried it on (in the safety of home) and it looked OK ish but the thought of going through that, and each to their own for the wig wearers (sorry hair systems) but even if it looked good under certain lighting, surely they go noticed and the paranoia of ''do people know'' would eat you apart ; and what happens if your side hair is a different colour to the top. I don't have 'black hair' but its not brown either, a dark dark brown colour that many in this country have - how can you match that? If I got a black wig, it would be too black yet dark brown is almost too light. Same lassie told me of 'concealers' basically spray on hair, again might look good for a picture but that's surely not an option for anyone living life, running/hiking or even just lying down on a pillow and what if someone touches your hair and have black pepper like stuff in their hand! :lol:

I don't judge anyone and if it makes them feel better, but having seen a few people with that spray on hair stuff - it looks very obvious in my opinion, and well the game is up if that is the case, whole point in wearing wigs etc surely is that it looks real!

But getting older and seeing how people start falling apart basically - or going grey, fatter and fatter - it was time to go for it and tbh, I wish I did this years ago.

I'd love to hear some inspirational head shaving stories or folk who were losing it or going bald. I know many say man up, just go for it ; but don't know a wee part of me thought shaving my head means no going back haha time for me to pose with a pic of The Two Mikes ticket for £25 and get a hooped earing in (in house Two Mikes joke).

Then again, way too old to GAF now or be vain. Shaving it down once every 5 days will be me now for the rest of my days I think. I've got a pal who says he's going to do it too - his hair is worse than mine ; basically like a monk head - yet he's clinging on it. Yet under bright lights of toilets etc it looks so sparse you can see his actually head! Not up to me to tell him, but hopefully he finds sense rather than live under hats 90% of the time.

Fellow baldies, tell me your stories please. :)
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

VeritasVincit

Re: Shaving your head

Post by VeritasVincit »

Hardly a story:
Had lots of hair.
Hair stated thinning - mid 20s
Hair gone - 30s
Saved a fortune on barbers' fees.
Only three operations for sun damage; despite spending a fortune on sun cream and hats.
Never a problem growing a beard moustache, sideburns.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

I have very fine hair for a woman, and not much of it. It sucks. Wouldn't it be great if the Sinead O'Connor look was socially acceptable?!
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

As I grew older, although I still had quite thick hair, the hair at the front developed into an M shape similar to the McDonald's sign.
I got pissed of with it so decided to get a crew cut many years ago.

A while back, I just decided to shave it completely and these days I get it shaved at the barber's.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Aww, Kevin. The thought of you with a little hairpiece is amusing.

Got dark brown hair as well. Not thinning or receding or balding but noticed more greys and sure have got more since being ill though if you saw me from 10m you would say I had dark brown hair.

Since lockdown just do a clipper job on it. Sure yours look fine as well. :smt023 :smt061
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Should just do the decent thing and go for a comb over. With any lucky it’ll be coming back into fashion with the hipster types of Shoreditch and Camden.

It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

Been shaving my head since I was 26. I noticed it thinning when I was 21. Managed to hide it somewhat for a few years via a really good hairdresser but knew that couldn't go on forever, so took the plunge in 2000.

Now I buzz it all off myself once a week or so.

I don't really ever think about not having hair, as I've been like this pretty much my entire adult life.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Rowntree wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:46 pm Been shaving my head since I was 26. I noticed it thinning when I was 21. Managed to hide it somewhat for a few years via a really good hairdresser but knew that couldn't go on forever, so took the plunge in 2000.

Now I buzz it all off myself once a week or so.

I don't really ever think about not having hair, as I've been like this pretty much my entire adult life.
I think it suits some men.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Ffs there's bald emojis 🤣🤣

👨‍🦲 🦲

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

:lol:
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Real men have hair.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Fucken true say bredbin
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Absolutely.

Fat balding arseholes crying into the mirror sobbing to themselves that shaving it off and having a flea bitten beard is what real men look like.

Then they put the fucking six nations on the telly and drink a can of craft IPA.

Twats.

In a bit Foam Moe

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Sadact7 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:46 pm Fat balding arseholes crying into the mirror sobbing to themselves that shaving it off and having a flea bitten beard is what real men look like.
You stalking me bro?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

I’ve tried bro. You’re impossible to track down.

It’s like you’re a God damn ghost bro.

In a bit Foam Moe