The Reckoning

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
lambrini

Re: The Reckoning

Post by lambrini »

I found the implication that Saville had a role in Margaret Thatcher winning the election laughable. There were too many Thatcher-Savile scenes. Everyone was fooled, and none more so than the BBC and the rest of the media. The BBC was even planning a tribute series days following his death, while a couple of journalists took it upon themselves to find out the truth, which eventually became the Savile Scandal.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

This is unbelievable. I can't stand Eamon Holmes:

( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Did Coogan refuse to jingle his jangle over the septuagenarian stiff?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

antdad

Post by antdad »

...apparently they couldn't find a willing fluffer for Coogan and the families drew the line at a money shot. :wnk:

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Eww.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

antdad

Post by antdad »

Too far, too soon? :)

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Now then
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

It does make one wonder about when he was left with the Duchess after she died.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Yikes
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

lambrini wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:24 am I found the implication that Saville had a role in Margaret Thatcher winning the election laughable. There were too many Thatcher-Savile scenes. Everyone was fooled, and none more so than the BBC and the rest of the media. The BBC was even planning a tribute series days following his death, while a couple of journalists took it upon themselves to find out the truth, which eventually became the Savile Scandal.
Thatcher was the one though who pushed thru the knighthood despite reservations from others.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Jonathan wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:42 pm
lambrini wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:24 am I found the implication that Saville had a role in Margaret Thatcher winning the election laughable. There were too many Thatcher-Savile scenes. Everyone was fooled, and none more so than the BBC and the rest of the media. The BBC was even planning a tribute series days following his death, while a couple of journalists took it upon themselves to find out the truth, which eventually became the Savile Scandal.
Thatcher was the one though who pushed thru the knighthood despite reservations from others.
True. He visited Chequers a few times. But to imply he manipulated the nation to vote Tory in '77 is highly doubtful.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

lambrini wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:51 pm
True. He visited Chequers a few times. But to imply he manipulated the nation to vote Tory in '77 is highly doubtful.
The election was in 1979.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Loathed as I am to post anything from this rag, this may tell you what you need to know about that horrible old hag’s part in getting Uncle Jimmeh his knighthood. By all means post up something that contradicts this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... avile.html

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

kancutlawns wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:04 pm
Loathed as I am to post anything from this rag, this may tell you what you need to know about that horrible old hag’s part in getting Uncle Jimmeh his knighthood. By all means post up something that contradicts this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... avile.html
I don't dispute all that, Lawns. But my point is still valid: There's no evidence that shows Savile's conservative connection persuaded the country to vote Tory in 1977.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break