JWOTS - Part 7

Talksport - the main station discussion place
JimmyDee

Re: JWOTS - Part 7

Post by JimmyDee »

Bob Mills and Perry Groves worked really well together. They sounded as though they were genuine friends without descending into endless banter trying to prove it.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

He sounded like he was permagargling testes
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I managed to glean that there is a fight coming up. Bad Blood. There is a REAL hatred between them. A GRUDGE match.

Fuck sake, do boxing promoters still use this utter bollocks to sell fights?
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

carcinogen wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:36 pm Fuck sake, do boxing promoters still use this utter bollocks to sell fights?
People still fall for it, so of course they do.
This is for real ... this is personal ... these two really hate each other ... they had to be separated by Security at the weigh-in, and so on.
There's only so many boxing-fans in the world, so it has to be sold to non-boxing fans, for the Pay-For-View, as a glorified pub-fight.

Proper boxing died with PPV, now it's just like the American Wrestling, with more finger-pointing at the press-conferences than punches thrown in the actual fight. It's no longer sold as a boxing-match between two good boxers, but as "an event".

They're not even much good at it. "Your mum!" ... "No, YOUR mum!" .... and that's just the promoters! Boom boom.

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Absolutely gripping, that wasn't.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

JimmyDee wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:22 pm Proper boxing died with PPV, now it's just like the American Wrestling, with more finger-pointing at the press-conferences than punches thrown in the actual fight.
Good point. The Press Conference is usually better than the actual fight. I heard the TalkSport Boxing show with Gareth A. Davies. Truly embarrassing stuff. I even got the sense Gareth was embarassed, for himself.

As for the fight I mentioned, it might be a good one. Is it PPV? I usually go to 'allthebestfights.com' on the morning after, they offer links to the fight without giving away the result. I recommend it. It's been around for years and still good. Although sometimes the commentary is in russian. :lol:
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kentred1

Post by kentred1 »

Poor Jordan still hasn't grasped he is actually working in the media now

Maybe its his sheer bitterness for Steve Parish making him confused

kentred1

Post by kentred1 »

Scottish Feminist Network

Fuck right off

kentred1

Post by kentred1 »

Quality Cunting off on Adrian Durham and Goldbridge from Jordan there

Saints11

Post by Saints11 »

Sniffs
mentioning other members is not allowed in signatures

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Who is this? Ince? The Guvna? Fucking horrendous. Mattertwat ditto. SiJo is going to walk, and walk TODAY
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:28 am Who is this? Ince? The Guvna?
Off at a tangent, but those self-appointed nicknames, though.

I'm not a rich man, but I'm willing to bet a thousand guineas that David Seaman was never, for one moment, called "safehands" in the dressing-room. He called himself that, for reasons a psychiatrist could only guess at. An actual nickname for a goalie would be "shaky" or "butterfingers" ... in the same way that tall people are called Tiny and titches are called Lofty, in real-life.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:28 am Who is this? Ince? The Guvna? Fucking horrendous. Mattertwat ditto. SiJo is going to walk, and walk TODAY
From the bit I heard, I couldn't work out if Mattertwat and SiJo have REAL BEEF with each other or not. Talk about a couple of blind men trying to find an eyeball. Someone should have a word with these cunts and tell them to keep the topics 'light' ... listening to The Guvnor and SiJo opining on race in sport was woeful. The best bit for me was when Simon, with a straight-face, said: "I asked John Barnes why he didn't call me for an interview". :roll:

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

It is right that the Wednesday show is quite decent.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Wonder if Whitey will be so keen to discuss rugby this week?