Dispatches from Tashkent

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Rowntree

Dispatches from Tashkent

Post by Rowntree »

Happy Friday, good people.

Due to exam boards all pulling out of Russia, my school has arranged (at eyewatering expense) to take all Y11 and Y13 students (around 80 of them) to a sister school Tashkent for around 6 weeks to sit their exams in May/June. I am very likely to be going with them for some of that time.

Anyone been (bit of a long shot to be fair)?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

JudgeTedd

Re: Dispatches from Tashkent

Post by JudgeTedd »

I once knew a woman called Tash. She lived in Canterbury. Not sure this helps you though.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Rowntree wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:21 pm Happy Friday, good people.

Due to exam boards all pulling out of Russia, my school has arranged (at eyewatering expense) to take all Y11 and Y13 students (around 80 of them) to a sister school Tashkent for around 6 weeks to sit their exams in May/June. I am very likely to be going with them for some of that time.

Been ? I studied Geography and would have great difficulty locating it on a map.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

VeritasVincit wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:38 pm
Rowntree wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:21 pm Happy Friday, good people.

Been ? I studied Geography and would have great difficulty locating it on a map.
Uzbekistan ain't it? Have a great tine, Rowntree.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

Uzbekistan, aye.

Got the exam schedule through yesterday, so looks like May 1-23 for me.

Hopefully Ms Vaughan will also be on that schedule.....
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Is Ms Vaughan rather pleasurable to the eye perchance?

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:22 pm Is Ms Vaughan rather pleasurable to the eye perchance?
A game lass.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Sounds exciting, Rowners. All the best.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Rowners, is there a regional rivalry between Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan like when Borat drove past the Uzbek Embassy in his driving lesson in the US, rolled down the window and shouted “Fuck you assholes! Eat my pussy!”?

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

kancutlawns wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:10 am Rowners, is there a regional rivalry between Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan like when Borat drove past the Uzbek Embassy in his driving lesson in the US, rolled down the window and shouted “Fuck you assholes! Eat my pussy!”?
Not sure about that, but there's a definite pro or anti Russia think in some of the former USSR states. When I was in Armenia last summer, it was more ambivalent but then I went to Georgia and it was very pro-Ukraine. Latvia has always been very anti-Russia, but Estonia quite the opposite. I've been to both and felt it quite clearly.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

I studied with an incredibly pretty Estonian girl at university. She was planning her wedding at the time. I'll always remember our fun days out. She once asked me where "Foy-lee" was. "Foy-lees?" I asked. "Yes, Foy-lees", she replied. "The bookshop." "Oh! You mean Foyles." 😂 (Their flagship is near Charing Cross Road.) Bless her. She was truly lovely.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Similar Lambers, working with another lovely Estonian girl she said she lived in Brentford, as I do, I asked where in Brentford?

It took about 10 minutes to understand she mean't Grosvenor Road, as she was saying Grossvinor Road