Fish, chips and ...

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
dingdongthewitchisdead

Re: Fish, chips and ...

Post by dingdongthewitchisdead »

pricey cheap meal these days.must be £15 now.salt vinegar loads of tom :)
i never listen now .

Reg

Post by Reg »

Jonathan wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:21 pm Just fish and chip with salt and vinegar.
One chip?

That’s London prices for you. :(
Roy IN!!

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

I have Fish and chips beans and mayonnaise squirted on and some bread on Saturday dinnertime. It's a lot to eat really fills me up but later on in the day might have a sandwich or two. As well as that on the Friday before might not eat as much in a way that I'm saving myself or making room for it or giving me a good appetite sort of thing. Certainly do in the summertime as it's easier because we not eat as much in those months.

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Reg wrote:Do they still do pickled eggs? Floating in a jar on the counter like bleached turds.

Never tried one and never saw anyone buy one.

A bit like the desserts that Indian restaurants used to have. Laminated menus with pictures of them - same pics in every restaurant. Did anyone ever see anyone eat one?

Anyway... Pickled eggs - fucking disgusting idea.
Pickled eggs are an amazing food creation.

You need to eat them with crisps/chips and salt tho.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

I lived in Cleckheaton for about 6 months and in the high street one chippie claimed it was the best in Yorkshire. The other one claimed it was the best in Cleckheaton.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Mustard

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:47 am I lived in Cleckheaton for about 6 months and in the high street one chippie claimed it was the best in Yorkshire. The other one claimed it was the best in Cleckheaton.

Per my previous post:
Sadact7 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:02 pm *it’s fish shops in my part of the world, not chippies, because this is Yorkshire so we arbitrarily have to do things fucking differently. And they all claim to have been awarded the prize of best fish and chips in Yorkshire one year. There’s only a finite number of times the prize can have been given so somebody is lying.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

lambrini wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:20 pm
antdad wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:38 pm It's the fish I mainly go for, never feel or order dedicated sides.

Got to be properly brewed malt vinegar used for the S&V. Maybe a bit of tartar sauce, crap bread and butter for a chip butty if I've got room.
+1
The local fish and chip shop does everything, but it’s primarily a chippy so it’s fine. And they do an excellent peppery curry sauce which is excellent with fish and chips, and poured over their Singapore Fried Rice too.

But it doesn’t quite work with the mixed kebab on freshly baked naan bread 🙃

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Sadact7 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:15 am
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:47 am I lived in Cleckheaton for about 6 months and in the high street one chippie claimed it was the best in Yorkshire. The other one claimed it was the best in Cleckheaton.

Per my previous post:
Sadact7 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:02 pm *it’s fish shops in my part of the world, not chippies, because this is Yorkshire so we arbitrarily have to do things fucking differently. And they all claim to have been awarded the prize of best fish and chips in Yorkshire one year. There’s only a finite number of times the prize can have been given so somebody is lying.
When I worked in Halifax there was one on the Oldham road, totally isolated from any other shops or bar. Totally defied logic 🤣

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

mark wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:40 pm
Sadact7 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:15 am

Per my previous post:
When I worked in Halifax there was one on the Oldham road, totally isolated from any other shops or bar. Totally defied logic 🤣
It wasn't Ingham's Plaice in Ripponden you're thinking of?

In a bit Foam Moe

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

It might be. It was on the left driving towards the M62, maybe a mile or two before the reservoir.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Eeee, tuppence hapeny o scraps an aal see thee at t'reservoir
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

mark wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:29 pm It might be. It was on the left driving towards the M62, maybe a mile or two before the reservoir.
Sounds about right. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.67108 ... ?entry=ttu

It was owned by the family of a lad in my year at school. He was a bit of a bell but they did nice chips tbf.

His brother was in my little brother's year. Opened a gym and became a fully fledge Raoul Moat roid creep. Really bought into the lifestyle by knocking his lass about.

In a bit Foam Moe

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:25 pm Eeee, tuppence hapeny o scraps an aal see thee at t'reservoir
You wouldn't want to meet at that reservoir. Notorious spot for Mr Collymore and his cohorts to meet up for a spot of car park hand athletics.

Bet Paolo is familiar with it...

In a bit Foam Moe

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Gym life, roid life, beat the wife life
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN