Everton's problem and its implication

Anything sportlike
Sunbeam Alpine

Everton's problem and its implication

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Everton's 10 point deduction is only the start. If they are sued by the other clubs, it would push them into administration which would prompt another points deduction plus the likely collapse of the 777 takeover.

And there's more

We know City have 115 allegations. Even if half of them are justified, the scale of it all would confront the authorities with a dilemma. If they don't punish proportionately with Everton ( who, after all, co-operated in the investigation, whereas City went to an adversarial stance) Everton will sue them. If they do, and it is retrospective, I understand City would lose 2 titles. And then , like Everton, be liable to be sued by the club that could have had a CL place but for City's position.

And then there's Chelsea. Did Boehly know when he bought in? Much of the above would be repeated, with Chelsea also being sued by clubs who should have had their CL place.

It's remarkable the ripples this would create.

JudgeTedd

Re: Everton's problem and its implication

Post by JudgeTedd »

Relegate all three Clubs to non-league. Problem solved. :mrgreen:
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

All playing right into the Super League hands relegating the Premier League to the also rans.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Everton won't be sued by other clubs.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:21 pm Everton's 10 point deduction is only the start. If they are sued by the other clubs, it would push them into administration which would prompt another points deduction plus the likely collapse of the 777 takeover.

And there's more

We know City have 115 allegations. Even if half of them are justified, the scale of it all would confront the authorities with a dilemma. If they don't punish proportionately with Everton ( who, after all, co-operated in the investigation, whereas City went to an adversarial stance) Everton will sue them. If they do, and it is retrospective, I understand City would lose 2 titles. And then , like Everton, be liable to be sued by the club that could have had a CL place but for City's position.

And then there's Chelsea. Did Boehly know when he bought in? Much of the above would be repeated, with Chelsea also being sued by clubs who should have had their CL place.

It's remarkable the ripples this would create.
Who says City will lose their tiles ? That’s just pure speculation on your part with no factual evidence whatsoever.

You really need to do more homework Hillman. Clearlake are the ones who highlighted the accounting issues when doing their due diligence and gave the details to UEFA, who have already fined the club and the EPL decision is still pending. Mind you, an interesting thought is that Clearlake bought the club off the UK government.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

There would be little effect to make a retrospective points deduction and not adjust the tables on the record.
Clearly they can't replay the Champions League for the seasons in question but whichever clubs lost places as a result can pretty easily show the amounts they lost from at least the group stages.

No not speculation on my part. Commonly being discussed.

As for Chelsea I don't think the Abramovic payments were even known about when they bought in

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:11 pm There would be little effect to make a retrospective points deduction and not adjust the tables on the record.
Clearly they can't replay the Champions League for the seasons in question but whichever clubs lost places as a result can pretty easily show the amounts they lost from at least the group stages.

As for Chelsea I don't think the Abramovic payments were even known about when they bought in
Well I haven’t seen it seriously discussed in the national press, perhaps The Echo has.
First of all, City have to be found guilty and if they are then endless appeals will start. It’s all a long way off. Fines and points, potentially relegation but I seriously doubt titles will change hands. That’s more wishful thinking on your part I think.

Chelsea haven’t been charged for anything new as yet, aside from what is existing.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

On their way it would appear.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Jonathan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:44 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:11 pm There would be little effect to make a retrospective points deduction and not adjust the tables on the record.

Well I haven’t seen it seriously discussed in the national press, perhaps The Echo has.
First of all, City have to be found guilty and if they are then endless appeals will start. It’s all a long way off. Fines and points, potentially relegation but I seriously doubt titles will change hands. That’s more wishful thinking on your part I think.

Chelsea haven’t been charged for anything new as yet, aside from what is existing.
Don’t bite dude.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

A number of regional politicians have also raised concerns, including Mayor of Liverpool Steve Rotheram and Mayor for Greater Manchester Andy Burnham, who is an Everton season ticket-holder.

No self interest there then.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Burnham is in every fucking thing, an incredibly tiresome little shitcunt
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:40 pm Burnham is in every fucking thing, an incredibly tiresome little shitcunt
+1.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:40 pm Burnham is in every fucking thing, an incredibly tiresome little shitcunt
He's busy building up a bank of "I did/said/was in favour of that" in advance of the election for Greater Manchester mayor next year. He's stupid though, if he thinks supporting a Merseyside club will get him any support in Greater Manchester.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

VeritasVincit wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:36 pm
He's busy building up a bank of "I did/said/was in favour of that" in advance of the election for Greater Manchester mayor next year. He's stupid though, if he thinks supporting a Merseyside club will get him any support in Greater Manchester.
How did he get voted in then??

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

chelseachelsea wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:35 pm
VeritasVincit wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:36 pm
How did he get voted in then??
Red wall?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?