Ireland....waking up?

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Salem

Re: Ireland....waking up?

Post by Salem »

Well Lead-o , if that ain't a right wing mob I don't know what is 🤔 . Blame Farage
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

birdie

Post by birdie »

Am I mistaken in thinking that the open borders policy has been in place for a number of years, membership of the EU, wasn't it? A bit late in the day to start protesting about open borders now, isn't it?
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

subsub

Post by subsub »

Salem wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:09 am
subsub wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:23 am
PG30 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:52 am complete lunatic faction driven by far-right ideology

I never get why people burn down their own community
:dart:

Indeed. Scum like Farage have created this toxic mindset.
I respectfully disagree Subs .

I'd say importing an ideology that is polar opposites to the Western values has created situations akin to what we saw last night .

I don't think you can blame Nige for what happens in the Emerald Isle . And just because you disagree with his politics , doesn't make him "Scum" . You're showing you left-leaning intolerance there :wink:
Sorry, but I think he is scum, because of what he has done to this country, and the shameless way he has tried to whip up xenophobic, divisive attitudes (and succeeded, too).
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

birdie wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:23 am Sadly, that is the mindset of some on this forum, disagree and the vituperative language comes to the fore, there is only one view and it's theirs.
Not sure why you persist in saying this.
People voicing an opinion are doing just that – giving their take on a situation – which is very different to attempting to shut down opposing views.
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

JudgeTedd wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:04 am It’s people who’ve been driven into righteous fury finally exploding. They’d riot at any given moment for any given reason.

I always wonder how many of these people really care about what happened, and how many of them just see it as a chance to cause a bit of mischief and have a supposed laugh with their mates?
Exactly, Commissioner Drew Harris blamed the rioting on a "lunatic, hooligan faction driven by a far-right ideology".

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar said, "Their first reaction to a five-year-old child being stabbed was to burn our city, attack its businesses and assault our gardaí."

Don't care about the event, more interested in a ruck with Plod.

Anyway, aren't they saying the stabber was an Irish citizen who had been there over 20 years? Not some random straight off a boat.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

birdie wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:14 am
Am I mistaken in thinking that the open borders policy has been in place for a number of years, membership of the EU, wasn't it? A bit late in the day to start protesting about open borders now, isn't it?
And they are saying he's been in Ireland over 20 years and a naturalised citizen.

Salem

Post by Salem »

subsub wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:17 am
Salem wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:09 am
subsub wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:23 am
PG30 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:52 am complete lunatic faction driven by far-right ideology

I never get why people burn down their own community
:dart:

Indeed. Scum like Farage have created this toxic mindset.
I respectfully disagree Subs .

I'd say importing an ideology that is polar opposites to the Western values has created situations akin to what we saw last night .

I don't think you can blame Nige for what happens in the Emerald Isle . And just because you disagree with his politics , doesn't make him "Scum" . You're showing you left-leaning intolerance there :wink:
Sorry, but I think he is scum, because of what he has done to this country, and the shameless way he has tried to whip up xenophobic, divisive attitudes (and succeeded, too).
Interesting . Brexit aside , i don't think he's made much difference to the way this country is today and it is my opinion that a lot of what he says should at least be taken on board and not dismissed as xenophobia . Of course , as we are at different ends of the political spectrum i wouldn't expect you to agree .

Just as a matter of interest , what word would you use to describe Anjem Choudary ?
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I'm not sure smashing up a town centre is standing for anything.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Salem wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:50 pm Just as a matter of interest , what word would you use to describe Anjem Choudary ?
A nasty piece of work.
or 'scum', if you prefer just one word.
WOKE AND PROUD

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Salem wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:50 pm Just as a matter of interest , what word would you use to describe Anjem Choudary ?
Terrorist.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Carlos J wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:22 pm
birdie wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:14 am
And they are saying he's been in Ireland over 20 years and a naturalised citizen.
Is correct and I would guess is mentally ill.
But it does show that in Ireland as here there are people both thick and violent who don't need to understand something to join in a fight. And that there are people baiting them.
Far from paolo's point being valid, this incident has very little, if anything, to do with the EU. To which Irish people are still very much in support - one of the reasons they are now very wary of re-unification with the medieval north.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

You might have expected Twing to kick off on this, as ever overlooking the details.
To PROVE his point he has a bar chart that shows the "origins" of those suspected of crime in the Netherlands.
A long list of countries are there, including Suriname , a country so well integrated into NL that nobody even notices them.
A number of prominent Dutch footballers of that origin including Virgil van Dijk.
There are many successful Suriname businesses in NL.
But this list adds up to approximately 40% of cases.
So does that mean that 60% of those suspected are, err, Dutch?

Wouldn't it be interesting to research the background of the people who did this lot?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... es_in_2022

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Suriname got its independence in the mid-1970s and there is a big population of Surinamese in the Netherlands, much like our population from former colonies.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

It just shows how easy it is to pick and choose some dubious stats and they will be lapped up by the target audience.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:39 pm It just shows how easy it is to pick and choose some dubious stats and they will be lapped up by the target audience.
Classic MO for some on here :lol: :lol:
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it