We are not the only one's to get it wrong

In-depth debate on all topical issues
antdad

Re: We are not the only one's to get it wrong

Post by antdad »

...maybe it's because they're trying to join family, have personal connections here or god forbid can speak English rather other European languages.

Btw, those seeking asylum cannot work or claim mainstream benefits.

birdie

Post by birdie »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:23 pm
birdie wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:21 pm
antdad wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:43 pm
birdie wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:35 am Yes, I know it's 8 years old, and I did say it was at the same time that Merkel was opening Germany's doors. Germany was opening the doors and Sweden was closing them.
What was once un inhabitable can, often, be made habitable, and if you are fleeing whatever yo will take whatever refuge there is, habitable or not.
Lucky then for those desperate enough to make the journey the UK is still signed up to the refugee convention.
Why don't those desperate to escape, and there are many in genuine need, seek refugee status in the nearest safe country, instead of, often, paying thousands for a space on a rubber dinghy from a safe country.
+1

Possibly the benefits aren't as good in the nearest safe country.
Do yo recall the hoo haa there was when it became known that Blair's government had ruled that every child in a refugee family had to have their own bedroom.
There was a well publicised case of a chap with 7 or 8 kids being given two houses because there wasn't one big enough to give all the kids their own bedroom. He lived in one house with some of his kids and the wife, and mother-in-law, lived in the other with the remainder.
That wasn't the only case, there were several others reported.
People aske what was so wrong with sibling of the same sex sharing as most people had had to do that themselves.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

birdie

Post by birdie »

antdad wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:50 pm ...maybe it's because they're trying to join family, have personal connections here or god forbid can speak English rather other European languages.

Btw, those seeking asylum cannot work or claim mainstream benefits.
It has been proven that a large number were young Albanian men with no dependents, and why is it that when any of the news outlets interview one of those seeking to come from France they more often than not don't speak any English that can be understood.
The Albanian angle has been cut off, most of them having been sent back, and the number crossing has reduced by 1/3, strange, that.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Albanians crossing by boat or other means have been replaced by refugees from other countries. Must be for the £6 a day, luxury prison barge accomodation or one way ticket to Rwanda.

birdie

Post by birdie »

antdad wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:55 pm Albanians crossing by boat or other means have been replaced by refugees from other countries. Must be for the £6 a day, luxury prison barge accomodation or one way ticket to Rwanda.
I reckon quite a few of those bombed and starved out of their homes by Israel wouldn't turn their noses up at a cabin on a barge. At least they would get fed and given medical treatment.

antdad

Post by antdad »

I doubt they'd see escaping from one prison to end up in another as much of a relief.

Anyway my point is that the lazy trope perpetuated by the usual rags about refugees risking life and limb to live the life of riley on whatever benefits they're entitled to is just that. This current government in particular have turned immigration policy and funding into a divisive shit show and they gonna hang for it, deservedly so.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Carlos J wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:46 pm
The Tick wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:32 pm
paolo wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:28 pm
You rejoice in uncontrolled and illegal immigration

You rejoice in the forced and permanent change in the demographics of a country
Mi tell you repeatedly that you have won

I post videos backing that up

Then you moan?

You know what you do on this forum? I do it too. And you don’t like it

You’ve got years left so simply enjoy it

The Instagram videos are a means of demeaning immigrants and immigration with wild conjecture and unfounded claims.

I respect that immigration is a process as old as humanity itself and find it a beneficial thing overall, with its ups and downs considered.
I agree. Paolo's videos have no context to them thus rendering them meaningless. The actions of a lost man flailing. D for the effort put in.
Happy to correct/delete/explain conntext on any video where you give specifics about whu it should not be posted. :wink:
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

paolo

Post by paolo »

Carlos J wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:24 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:05 pm

Then you moan?

The Instagram videos are a means of demeaning immigrants and immigration with wild conjecture and unfounded claims.

I respect that immigration is a process as old as humanity itself and find it a beneficial thing overall, with its ups and downs considered.
I agree. Paolo's videos have no context to them thus rendering them meaningless. The actions of a lost man flailing. D for the effort put in.
D? That’s being very generous.
D- then. It's better than an E.
Maybe an E would help you.

Or maybe the truth has emerged
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

birdie wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:08 pm
antdad wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:55 pm Albanians crossing by boat or other means have been replaced by refugees from other countries. Must be for the £6 a day, luxury prison barge accomodation or one way ticket to Rwanda.
I reckon quite a few of those bombed and starved out of their homes by Israel wouldn't turn their noses up at a cabin on a barge. At least they would get fed and given medical treatment.
I don't know what some people expect the UK to do with them, perhaps the bleeding hearts would like to take a couple in. Checking out the current Salvation Army tv ad, is a timely reminder about those born in this country struggling to get through each day, no one seems to be thinking about them.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

paolo wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:49 pm

Then you moan?

Happy to correct/delete/explain conntext on any video where you give specifics about whu it should not be posted. :wink:
I said there was no context to the videos not that they should not be posted. Maybe add some context if you know it, but I doubt you do.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Zambo wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:17 am
birdie wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:08 pm
I don't know what some people expect the UK to do with them, perhaps the bleeding hearts would like to take a couple in. Checking out the current Salvation Army tv ad, is a timely reminder about those born in this country struggling to get through each day, no one seems to be thinking about them.
There are also adverts for Crisis and St Mungo's on as it's Christmas. However, being concerned about homeless people and being concerned about refugees is not mutually exclusive. Maybe remember that the evil Suella 'Mrs Rwanda' Braverman said that for some people, living in tents on the streets was a 'lifestyle choice'. Open letter from Crisis to her: https://www.crisis.org.uk/about-us/medi ... ing-rough/

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

My point was, that there appears to be far more concern and publicity about immigrants and refugees, than people born in this country, who are struggling to survive.

I would be interested to hear from those people complaining about what is offered to the former, with suggestions what should be done for everyone. As things stand, European countries will reach a point with wars going on, on top of the usual migration numbers, where they will run out of ideas.

Those who spend their time calling people who show concern about incoming numbers xenophobes and racists need to stfu in the meantime.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

paolo

Post by paolo »

Carlos J wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:39 am

Then you moan?

I said there was no context to the videos not that they should not be posted. Maybe add some context if you know it, but I doubt you do.
Please post why, specifically the video has no context. I will surely respond.
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Zambo wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:21 am My point was, that there appears to be far more concern and publicity about immigrants and refugees, than people born in this country, who are struggling to survive.

I would be interested to hear from those people complaining about what is offered to the former, with suggestions what should be done for everyone. As things stand, European countries will reach a point with wars going on, on top of the usual migration numbers, where they will run out of ideas.

Those who spend their time calling people who show concern about incoming numbers xenophobes and racists need to stfu in the meantime.
I agree with a lot of that, Zambo. Less grandstanding and more action please.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

paolo wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:46 am
Carlos J wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:39 am

Then you moan?

Please post why, specifically the video has no context. I will surely respond.
Again, I said there was no context to the videos, not video. No who, where, what, when and why to any bar one saying it was in Copenhagen. If you are happy to explain context as you say you are, then please do for the videos you posted yesterday. Thanks in advance.