We are not the only one's to get it wrong

In-depth debate on all topical issues
birdie

Re: We are not the only one's to get it wrong

Post by birdie »

Zambo wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:17 am
birdie wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:08 pm
antdad wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:55 pm Albanians crossing by boat or other means have been replaced by refugees from other countries. Must be for the £6 a day, luxury prison barge accomodation or one way ticket to Rwanda.
I reckon quite a few of those bombed and starved out of their homes by Israel wouldn't turn their noses up at a cabin on a barge. At least they would get fed and given medical treatment.
I don't know what some people expect the UK to do with them, perhaps the bleeding hearts would like to take a couple in. Checking out the current Salvation Army tv ad, is a timely reminder about those born in this country struggling to get through each day, no one seems to be thinking about them.
I caught the back end of a news report where a charity which gives the homeless tents said that they had run out and couldn't get any more, the report showed rows of tents along a street, I think it was Bristol but cant be sure. I wonder if those people would turn their noses up at a cabin on a barge, but can you imagine the outcry if those crossing the channel in rubber dinghys were given a tent and a spot on a street.

I just wonder what, exactly, those crossing the channel expect, or, to be more accurate, what they have been told they can expect.
A couple of years ago we had a load of young men burning down the military barracks they were housed in at a protest at the conditions, an attempt, apparently, to force the authorities to rehouse them in more suitable places. again, I wonder if those sleeping in a tent on a street in Bristol (or wherever it was) would turn their noses up at a bunk in an ex army camp, which, apparently, was good enough for squaddies but not for those crossing the channel in boats.

I did post about the experiences of refugees from Europe after the war, housed in nissen huts in an ex military camps, communal dining hall where their meals were doled out until the huts were fitted with a coal fired range with a water tank which heated the water when the range was stoked up, bath house 3 days a week, wash house once a week.
I was pooh poohed when I asked that what was wrong with using ex military camps for asylum seekers and was told that 'times have changed', well, times may have changed but desperate people in genuine need will take whatever is offered in the way of shelter without being too picky.
IMO only, of course.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Carlos J wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:10 am
paolo wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:46 am
Carlos J wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:39 am
paolo wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:49 pm
Carlos J wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:46 pm
The Tick wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:32 pm
paolo wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:28 pm
You rejoice in uncontrolled and illegal immigration

You rejoice in the forced and permanent change in the demographics of a country
Mi tell you repeatedly that you have won

I post videos backing that up

Then you moan?

You know what you do on this forum? I do it too. And you don’t like it

You’ve got years left so simply enjoy it

The Instagram videos are a means of demeaning immigrants and immigration with wild conjecture and unfounded claims.

I respect that immigration is a process as old as humanity itself and find it a beneficial thing overall, with its ups and downs considered.
I agree. Paolo's videos have no context to them thus rendering them meaningless. The actions of a lost man flailing. D for the effort put in.
Happy to correct/delete/explain conntext on any video where you give specifics about whu it should not be posted. :wink:
I said there was no context to the videos not that they should not be posted. Maybe add some context if you know it, but I doubt you do.
Please post why, specifically the video has no context. I will surely respond.
Again, I said there was no context to the videos, not video. No who, where, what, when and why to any bar one saying it was in Copenhagen. If you are happy to explain context as you say you are, then please do for the videos you posted yesterday. Thanks in advance.
paolo, I'm interested in what you post, but when using phone it's difficult sometimes to get what's going on. Maybe I need a new phone, but a few lines would help piece it together sometimes.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

As ever it's the usual immigrant bashing and stereotyping,mirroring the familiar right wing media hysteria.

The UK doesn't even have the highest migration rates in Europe, never mind the world.

The countries that host the largest refugee populations are mostly poorer nations that tend to border the origin countries of said refugees.

It just boils down to being uncomfortable with the presence of people who look and sound different. The UK has some very stringent barriers to legal entry , which is what forces people to take the illegal entry option.

It's something for people to get angry about and demand simple solutions to complicated issues.

paolo

Post by paolo »

The Tick wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:14 pm As ever it's the usual immigrant bashing and stereotyping,mirroring the familiar right wing media hysteria.

The UK doesn't even have the highest migration rates in Europe, never mind the world.

The countries that host the largest refugee populations are mostly poorer nations that tend to border the origin countries of said refugees.

It just boils down to being uncomfortable with the presence of people who look and sound different. The UK has some very stringent barriers to legal entry , which is what forces people to take the illegal entry option.

It's something for people to get angry about and demand simple solutions to complicated issues.
incorrect

again
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Without resorting to 'for the good of diversity' or 'it is our duty' arguments, give one a rational reason why the UK should continue to accept high and obviously uncontrolled levels of immigration, despite clear evidence of its detrimental impact on society and the economy, particularly over the last 13 years. Like it or not, the country is overwhelmed. Why else would the Tories be worried? Because they're "racists"? No, they're shit scared because the general election is fast approaching and, for some reason, they failed to address the festering wound years ago. Now the situation has worsened to the point where they must take action—do something, anything to save their skins at the polls—even try woolly-headed ideas like Rwanda and the Portland barge. What will be the next crap idea?
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

paolo wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:06 pm
The Tick wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:14 pm As ever it's the usual immigrant bashing and stereotyping,mirroring the familiar right wing media hysteria.

incorrect

again
He comes up with the same old tired strawman arguments time and time again.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

paolo

Post by paolo »

lambrini wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:29 pm
paolo wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:06 pm

incorrect

again
He comes up with the same old tired strawman arguments time and time again.
at least he's given that harry crap a rest
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

The truth is that the UK economy and public services are heavily reliant on migration. And the UK has been one of the less accommodating of the western European nations. The hit to UK industries/businesses by the shortage of labour brought about by brexit highlights this. In turn that has precipitated a rise in legal migration from outside Europe to the UK.

All those who get angry at the sight or sound of different people will have to lump it.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

The Tick wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:56 pm
All those who get angry at the sight or sound of different people will have to lump it.
That is your opinion as it fits in with your narrative, but it wasn't the purpose of the thread, as you probably are well aware. Yes there are a few Right Wing headbangers, just like there are Left Wing headbangers, not one person in this thread has got angry or expressed they don't like the sight or sound of different people.

D- for goading, must try harder.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

chelseachelsea wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:58 pm
That is your opinion as it fits in with your narrative, but it wasn't the purpose of the thread, as you probably are well aware. Yes there are a few Right Wing headbangers, just like there are Left Wing headbangers, not one person in this thread has got angry or expressed they don't like the sight or sound of different people.

The hysteria over migration is just that. There's no existential danger to the UK with current migration trends.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

lambrini wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:27 pm Without resorting to 'for the good of diversity' or 'it is our duty' arguments, give one a rational reason why the UK should continue to accept high and obviously uncontrolled levels of immigration
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The Tick wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:45 pm

The hysteria over migration is just that. There's no existential danger to the UK with current migration trends.
:lol:
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Tell that to the 300,000 homeless and 7.8m people waiting for NHS treatment for starters.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

birdie

Post by birdie »

Zambo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:42 am

Tell that to the 300,000 homeless and 7.8m people waiting for NHS treatment for starters.
Zambo, I don't wish to fall out with you, but, with respect, you are missing the fundamental point of the open door mass immigration and illegal channel crossing bods. You do know, of course, that non of these people will never ever be in need of housing, medical or any other form of taxpayer support or handouts, they do, of course, have the means to support themselves.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it