That darts thing.

Anything sportlike
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: That darts thing.

Post by Carlos J »

How can your argument still stand? The PDC axed the walk-on girls, not the dancing girls/cheerleaders, they are still there. Get that right first and there might be a chance of debate. :roll:

No fucker has a right to be on TV, get over yourself, you sound almost woke.

And not strange to bring kancut into it. He was fond of ridiculous hyperbole at times.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Carlos J wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:27 pm How can your argument still stand? The PDC axed the walk-on girls, not the dancing girls/cheerleaders, they are still there. Get that right first and there might be a chance of debate. :roll:

No fucker has a right to be on TV, get over yourself, you sound almost woke.

And not strange to bring kancut into it. He was fond of ridiculous hyperbole at times.
No need to get nasty, Carlos. Let me clarify my points: I thought the PDC axed both the cheerleaders and walk-on girls from appearing on television, but I appear to be mistaken. Sorry about that.

The PDC stopped featuring or 'axed' walk-on girls several years ago. This is definitely true. Now, I'm questioning the organisation's vague decision, considering a.) the women's performances are neither lewd nor harmful and b.) they appear empowered by their roles.

Subsub criticised such feminine acts as outdated. However, his reasoning is flawed since if walk-on girls and indeed similar performers such as television assistants and cheerleaders are deemed things of the past and therefore deserve to be axed from our screens, then the same logic applies to everything else, from QuornHub to photos of scantily clad celebrities on the DailyFail website. Shall we delete 'The women I'd like to shag' threads? ... No? Thought not. 🤭😉

'No fucker has the right to appear on television.' :lol: Yikes! Women have every right to be on TV. That's my whole point!

Yes, it is weird to bring Lawns into the whole thing. Our argument has nothing to do with him. If you want to compare me to Lawns—fine, come out and say it, but don’t mince your words.

So, to sum up, yes, my argument still stands. Thanks!
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

subsub

Post by subsub »

lambrini wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:57 pm It never ceases to amaze me how many so-called woke and liberal-minded men claim to know what is best for womankind
:roll:
Nothing like hyperbole to make a point, is there?
I never said anything of the sort.
I said: 'they felt like something that belonged to a different era, like Brucie's "dolly dealers" etc'
WOKE AND PROUD

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Why did you compare the performers to "dolly dealers"? Because, in your words, dolly dealers "are something that belonged to a different era" which essentially means they're outdated. :roll: :roll:
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

subsub

Post by subsub »

lambrini wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:10 pm Why did you compare the performers to "dolly dealers"? Because, in your words, dolly dealers "are something that belonged to a different era" which essentially means they're outdated. :roll: :roll:
Apologies, Lambers, I was referring to the walk-on girls, not the dancers.
I do think the walk-on girls is something that belongs in another era, yes.
WOKE AND PROUD

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

PHHHWWWWWOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRR!
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

subsub wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:12 pm
lambrini wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:10 pm Why did you compare the performers to "dolly dealers"? Because, in your words, dolly dealers "are something that belonged to a different era" which essentially means they're outdated. :roll: :roll:
Apologies, Lambers, I was referring to the walk-on girls, not the dancers.
I do think the walk-on girls is something that belongs in another era, yes.
I understand what you mean, Subs, but I respectfully disagree. If women dolled up to the nines accompanying professional sportsmen on stage as mere forms of display is outdated, shouldn't that logic also apply to similar practices celebrated in British society today? For example, take Love Island: Male viewers enjoy looking at and rating women's bodies. In the [I'm a Celebrity] jungle, men (and women! I don't think only men enjoying doing it) admire half naked celebrities showering themselves. Eurovision is no morally better, visually speaking. Looking through our 21st-century puritanical lens, these things, happily encouraged by the nation's biggest television companies, most certainly belong in another era—Rome, 27 BC, I'd say. Let's axe these things too.

In fact, I think the government should ban any celebration of femininity since it belongs in another era. Women must be genderless coneheads and copy men entirely, or do nothing. What a wonderful idea! :lol:

I don’t understand the 'rules for thee and not for me' culture that seems so widespread in our society now.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Some have looked into the future.