Mr Bates vs The Post Office.

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Arty Morty

Mr Bates vs The Post Office.

Post by Arty Morty »

Any opinions on this? I've recorded the first two episodes and will binge watch all four on Friday.
If I could get lucky I'd secede from the states
I'd buy the country at an incredible rate

Sunbeam Alpine

Re: Mr Bates vs The Post Office.

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

It's amazing and a disgrace how long the Post Office denied this all the while paying its directors massive bonuses.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Yeah, glad this is getting attention again. No mention of Adam Crozier, who was CEO of Royal Mail (2003-2010), then ITV. And course .... The FA! The man who brought us Sven. All very murky. Disgusting in fact.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

carcinogen wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:32 pm Yeah, glad this is getting attention again. No mention of Adam Crozier, who was CEO of Royal Mail (2003-2010), then ITV. And course .... The FA! The man who brought us Sven. All very murky. Disgusting in fact.
+1

ITV is murky at the best of times.
Fair enough, it was a terrible case and should have never happened, but ITV is using it to bash the government (surprise, surprise) in the hope that everyone watching votes Labour this year. It's sinister and ridiculously cliché.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Yeah but...Will Mellor....💩💩

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

lambrini wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:09 pm
carcinogen wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:32 pm Yeah, glad this is getting attention again. No mention of Adam Crozier, who was CEO of Royal Mail (2003-2010), then ITV. And course .... The FA! The man who brought us Sven. All very murky. Disgusting in fact.
+1

Fair enough, it was a terrible case and should have never happened, but ITV is using it to bash the government (surprise, surprise) in the hope that everyone watching votes Labour this year. It's sinister and ridiculously cliché.

BuT lAbOuR!

Yawn.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The Tick wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:17 pm
+1

BuT lAbOuR!

Yawn.
Shut up you ghoul.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:14 pm Yeah but...Will Mellor....💩💩
A bit of eye candy for the Karens 🤭
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Master Bates
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

lambrini wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:17 pm
The Tick wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:17 pm
+1

BuT lAbOuR!

Yawn.
Shut up you ghoul.

:D

Now, now, lambrini. No need to feel triggered.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:22 pm Master Bates
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:14 pm Yeah but...Will Mellor....💩💩
He really is a low key ginormocunt
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

JAMBO
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

birdie

Post by birdie »

I watched the first episode and was griped so watched the whole lot on ITVX and went to bed at 2.30am :lol:
What I found astonishing is that the PO didn't look at how many were having shortfalls when they hadn't had any problems before, but, of course, a computer can never be wrong. Also another thing puzzled me, why would Fujitsu want to access a terminal to make adjustments if the programme was fool proof.
Perhaps I'm being foolish, but before Horizon was installed the post master made all transactions on paper and balanced them, if a person suspects something is wrong why didn't any of them do the paper accounting side by side to compare?

As for the notion that ITV is using this to bash the government, don't forget this was going on long before this government came in and inherited the problem.
The PO is wholly to blame, and the costs of compensating all those prosecuted goes into tens of millions, but when you consider the billions which the government, of whichever colour, spends on what some might consider frivolous schemes, it should finds the funds to pay those who lost everything through no fault of their own, and what about Fujitsu, they seem to have got away with selling a faulty system and no come backs, perhaps they should be the ones to pay out.

The executives who lied about the system being fool proof should be stripped of whichever orders they were awarded and should lose their pensions, or at least be prosecuted for misconduct whilst in office.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

birdie wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:44 am I watched the first episode and was griped so watched the whole lot on ITVX and went to bed at 2.30am :lol:
What I found astonishing is that the PO didn't look at how many were having shortfalls when they hadn't had any problems before, but, of course, a computer can never be wrong. Also another thing puzzled me, why would Fujitsu want to access a terminal to make adjustments if the programme was fool proof.
Perhaps I'm being foolish, but before Horizon was installed the post master made all transactions on paper and balanced them, if a person suspects something is wrong why didn't any of them do the paper accounting side by side to compare?

As for the notion that ITV is using this to bash the government, don't forget this was going on long before this government came in and inherited the problem.
The PO is wholly to blame, and the costs of compensating all those prosecuted goes into tens of millions, but when you consider the billions which the government, of whichever colour, spends on what some might consider frivolous schemes, it should finds the funds to pay those who lost everything through no fault of their own, and what about Fujitsu, they seem to have got away with selling a faulty system and no come backs, perhaps they should be the ones to pay out.

The executives who lied about the system being fool proof should be stripped of whichever orders they were awarded and should lose their pensions, or at least be prosecuted for misconduct whilst in office.
Totally agree, and if it were me, I would have been straight onto the manual calculations. Still do my househokl budget in an exercise book. :D

I found watching it quite emotional.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On