Mr Bates vs The Post Office.

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
englundgambit2

Re: Mr Bates vs The Post Office.

Post by englundgambit2 »

Jonathan wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:44 pm There was an excellent Panorama on this subject.

Absolute scandal how these people were treated by very senior executives. I fear everyone will get away with it all though.

The only criticism of ITV is they seemed to ignore who was running the post office when this all started. A bit naughty but otherwise it’s been great TV drama.
Yeah, it's really good -

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

birdie wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:46 pm
Jonathan wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:44 pm There was an excellent Panorama on this subject.

Absolute scandal how these people were treated by very senior executives. I fear everyone will get away with it all though.

The only criticism of ITV is they seemed to ignore who was running the post office when this all started. A bit naughty but otherwise it’s been great TV drama.
What's the betting that if a Tory government had been in office in 1999 when Horizon was installed, and don't forget problems started very soon after installation, if not immediately, the TV company would have found some way of introducing the fact that a Tory government was in charge, after all, the PO was owned by the Government.
Never reached government level at that stage so that’s just nonsense.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Ed Davy should be jailed over this.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

An there are a lot more. Adam Crozier et al
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

birdie

Post by birdie »

Jonathan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:36 am

What's the betting that if a Tory government had been in office in 1999 when Horizon was installed, and don't forget problems started very soon after installation, if not immediately, the TV company would have found some way of introducing the fact that a Tory government was in charge, after all, the PO was owned by the Government.
I'm saying that the colour of the government could well have been brought into the script somewhere, I didn't say that the problems with Horizon had reached 'government' but it seems that several MP's knew about it having been contacted by constituents who were having problems.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

englundgambit2 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:55 pm Petition to strip that evil witch of her CBE <snip>
But that's not enough, in my opinion.
I believe I wrote elsewhere on this forum of having a Dishonours List; a permanent Black Mark against your name, irrevocable beyond death. Even having one's name discussed by the Parliamentary Dishonours Committee (to be televised) would be shame enough.
They would have to awarded sparingly, though, for maximum effect.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I'm up for anything that deters scum like these people.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

birdie wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:28 am

I'm saying that the colour of the government could well have been brought into the script somewhere, I didn't say that the problems with Horizon had reached 'government' but it seems that several MP's knew about it having been contacted by constituents who were having problems.
And I’m saying that’s nonsense.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Jonathan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:52 am
birdie wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:46 pm :rolleyes:

That's your privilege and mine is to say nonsense in return.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

birdie wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:28 am I'm saying that the colour of the government could well have been brought into the script somewhere ...<snip>,
Come on now. UK reporting on the USA Supreme Court always mentions "a judge appointed by Trump", but never "a judge appointed by Obama".

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:29 pm
birdie wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:28 am I'm saying that the colour of the government could well have been brought into the script somewhere ...<snip>,
Come on now. UK reporting on the USA Supreme Court always mentions "a judge appointed by Trump", but never "a judge appointed by Obama".
What’s that got to do with an ITV drama Jim lad ?

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Jonathan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:59 pm What’s that got to do with an ITV drama Jim lad ?
I was drawing an analogy.

birdie

Post by birdie »

UQ shortly on the Parliament channel, should be interesting.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

It didn't even need that. Private Eye was publishing about it four years ago.
BTW the Education Secretary's husband used to run Fujitsu UK. Who still get government contracts; one of the absurdities of government outsourcing is they become so dependent on people like Capita, Serco and Fujitsu that they have no alternative, however bad they are.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Sadact7 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:26 pm
Sid Pervcat wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:14 pm Yeah but...Will Mellor....💩💩
He really is a low key ginormocunt
:lol:

I watched the series. Amazed any of the sub postmasters were convicted given such flimsy evidence, although the Post Office do their own investigations of course and were only too happy to pull the "computer says no" card. Fujitsu should be just as culpable as the Post Office in this. If I was a victim, I'd be wanting double bubble from both.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca