Sven

Anything sportlike
theleader82

Sven

Post by theleader82 »

Sad news about Sven. A decent manager and could have achieved more with England, a little unlucky
Man U and rangers

Sunbeam Alpine

Re: Sven

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

I have been reading Peter Crouch's book " I Robot" which is better than your average footballers book, and funny in parts.

He has a lot of time for Sven, especially compared to Capello. I hadn't realise Capello never learned any English and used to commute from Italy. He also had coaches who communicated with him, in Italian, but could hardly express anything to the players.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

5-1 v Germany was a highlight. 1-0 defeat to Norn a lowlight, though not for Bas and Rossco.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I remember that euros tournament when Rooney got injured. It was the golden generation but never materialised. At least Southgate seems to get them playing for each other
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Does he have any contact with Nancy anymore?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

theleader82 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:52 am I remember that euros tournament when Rooney got injured. It was the golden generation but never materialised. At least Southgate seems to get them playing for each other
In 2004, though if you're pinning your hopes on a 19yr old, then things ain't looking great.

And it was Beckham and Vassell who missed the pens v Portugal.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Man U and rangers

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Poor old Sven, but there's probably hundreds of famous people giving him advice on how to deal with it.
Have any one of them thought of giving Mrs. Sven advice on how to deal with her husband dying? Probably not, because it won't get you clicks and likes ... a cynic would say :-)
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JimmyDee wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:25 pm Poor old Sven, but there's probably hundreds of famous people giving him advice on how to deal with it.
Have any one of them thought of giving Mrs. Sven advice on how to deal with her husband dying? Probably not, because it won't get you clicks and likes ... a cynic would say :-)
Pedant alert!

He was married in 1977 and divorced in 1994.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Good old slapper Ulrika. :roll:

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

theleader82 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:52 am I remember that euros tournament when Rooney got injured. It was the golden generation but never materialised. At least Southgate seems to get them playing for each other
I think that may have been the time when Talksport achieved spectacular lows.

As in sending that dolt Abrahams to hang around outside the England HQ, waiting for news on Rooney. Rooney's status was then relayed on R5 and Abrahams told his agog listeners 20 minutes later.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:58 pm

As in sending that dolt Abrahams to hang around outside the England HQ, waiting for news on Rooney. Rooney's status was then relayed on R5 and Abrahams told his agog listeners 20 minutes later.
Wasn’t that tournament where Collymore threatened to throw Porky Parry off the twentieth floor of the J’burg Ibis Budget?

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

kancutlawns wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:37 pm
JimmyDee wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:25 pm Poor old Sven, but there's probably hundreds of famous people giving him advice on how to deal with it.
Pedant alert! He was married in 1977 and divorced in 1994.
Alright then, Sven's brother, but my general point remains :-)

Happy New Year, by the way.
Happy Last Year, in his case.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

There is a former LFC players vs former Ajax players game in a few weeks

Normally the LFC side is managed by Rush and Dalglish but there is a campaign to have Sven do it as he always aspired to manage Liverpool.

The bastards, eh

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:18 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:58 pm

Wasn’t that tournament where Collymore threatened to throw Porky Parry off the twentieth floor of the J’burg Ibis Budget?
That was WC 2010 in South Africa. Leader and Hillman are talking about Euro 2004 in Portugal.