Sir Chris Hoy has Cancer

Anything sportlike
carcinogen

Sir Chris Hoy has Cancer

Post by carcinogen »

Sir Baggly next? All those drugs take a toll.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

subsub

Re: Sir Chris Hoy has Cancer

Post by subsub »

carcinogen wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:06 pm Sir Baggly next? All those drugs take a toll.
Any evidence that Chris Hoy is/was a drug taker?
WOKE AND PROUD

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

People really need to stop stealing my gig.
Good luck to him, get yourselves screened.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

subsub wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:07 pm
carcinogen wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:06 pm Sir Baggly next? All those drugs take a toll.
Any evidence that he wasn't? Given that professional cycling during his era of dominance was rife with doping I think you're the one who needs to prove otherwise. I bet you're the type who thinks just because he hangs around with Clare Balding and is semi-articulate he's somehow 'clean'.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

subsub

Post by subsub »

carcinogen wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:44 am
subsub wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:07 pm
Any evidence that he wasn't? Given that professional cycling during his era of dominance was rife with doping I think you're the one who needs to prove otherwise
Curious logic, there :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

subsub wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:47 am Curious logic, there :rolleyes:
What, asking you to prove Chris Hoy didn't dope? Yeah, the same curious logic applied when people questioned Lance Armstrong. Stop projecting, it's embarrassing.

subsub

Post by subsub »

carcinogen wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:55 am
What, asking you to prove Chris Hoy didn't dope? Yeah, the same curious logic applied when people questioned Lance Armstrong. Stop projecting, it's embarrassing.
You alluded that Hoy was a serial drug taker, but somehow the onus is on me to prove that he wasn't.
Er, righto… :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

subsub wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:39 am
You alluded that Hoy was a serial drug taker, but somehow the onus is on me to prove that he wasn't.
Yes, I think he is. I said why. Because during his era drug taking was rife. Was it not? Am I wrong in that? It only takes 'reasonable doubt' in a court of law to convict someone and I have reasonable doubt that Sir Chris Hoy was clean. As I said in another thread, I think you're a wind-up merchant. And a bit of a bully when people don't agree with your point of view.

subsub

Post by subsub »

carcinogen wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:47 am
Yes, I think he is. I said why. Because during his era drug taking was rife. Was it not? Am I wrong in that?
Drug use was rife in road cycling, not in track cycling.
WOKE AND PROUD

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

carcinogen wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:47 am
Yes, I think he is. I said why. Because during his era drug taking was rife. Was it not? Am I wrong in that? It only takes 'reasonable doubt' in a court of law to convict someone and I have reasonable doubt that Sir Chris Hoy was clean. As I said in another thread, I think you're a wind-up merchant. And a bit of a bully when people don't agree with your point of view.
Do you often make unfounded allegations against people because of what other people in the same profession have done? Are all plod rapists and murderers, because Wayne Couzens is? Are all teachers paedophiles because Mr Nesbitt at my old school was?

I find it provocative and asocial to accuse a genuine sporting hero without a single blemish on his character a drug taker and cheat on the day he is forced to announce he has cancer.

Didn't you claim to be a tabloid journalist at one point...?

Oh, and if you did a bit of research, you'd note that the vast majority of proven drug takers in cycling are professional road cyclists, not amateur track cyclists. Comparing Hoy to Armstrong or Pantani, for example, is like comparing a street busker to Keith Richards.

EDIT: Subbo, you beat me to it by a minute!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Without positive urine or blood tests, you are up shit creek without a paddle with accusations.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

This thread has taken a weird track.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

As they often do. :?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

Vespa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:01 am This thread has taken a weird track.
I don't think it started particularly helpfully, if I'm honest.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

subsub wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:26 am Drug use was rife in road cycling, not in track cycling.
Thanks, Sky, for running two teams under the same banner, and getting everyone tarred with the same brush.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99