Sir Chris Hoy has Cancer

Anything sportlike
Rowntree

Re: Sir Chris Hoy has Cancer

Post by Rowntree »

JimmyDee wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:27 pm
subsub wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:26 am Drug use was rife in road cycling, not in track cycling.
Thanks, Sky, for running two teams under the same banner, and getting everyone tarred with the same brush.
Who from Team Sky has been proven of performance-enhacing drug taking?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Rowntree wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:47 pm Who from Team Sky has been proven of performance-enhancing drug taking?
That wasn't my point .. specific finger-pointing.
My point was that "all cyclists are on drugs" referred to the road-racers. The track guys (and chicks!) used to be, effectively, a different sport, un-tainted with all the drugging-up, but then Sky merged them all into the same team, and the same assumptions.

This thread sort of proves my point. "His cancer was through drugs".
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:42 pm People really need to stop stealing my gig.
Good luck to him, get yourselves screened.
+1
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:00 pm
Rowntree wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:47 pm Who from Team Sky has been proven of performance-enhancing drug taking?
That wasn't my point .. specific finger-pointing.
My point was that "all cyclists are on drugs" referred to the road-racers. The track guys (and chicks!) used to be, effectively, a different sport, un-tainted with all the drugging-up, but then Sky merged them all into the same team, and the same assumptions.

This thread sort of proves my point. "His cancer was through drugs".
It doesn't.

Who, from Team Sky, has been proven of performance-enhancing drug taking?

I know what you are saying, in that Team Sky encapsulated track and road cycing. But it doesn't mean it should be lumped in with the rife drug taking of other road cycling teams.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Rowntree wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:25 pm But it doesn't mean it should be lumped in with the rife drug taking of other <snip> cycling teams.
I know it doesn't MEAN it should, but it does, to the general public. I refer you to the opening post.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

antdad

Post by antdad »

Didn't the Team Sky and GB cycling team doctor get done for doping related activity recently? Oh yeah, just saying...

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/former ... g-charges/

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Who from Team Sky has been proven of performance-enhacing drug taking?
You're embarrassing yourself now.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.