Re: England Friendlies

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

He needs beating to death on live television
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

antdad

Post by antdad »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:26 pm
As far as this team is concerned, it looks vulnerable on the left. Chilwell is not England class.
Chilwell I concur was awful last night but he is absolutely international class and in some aspects a better player than Luke Shaw. The trouble is he's particularly fragile so is usually suffering a lack of form or fitness because he's injured so often.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

antdad wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:34 pm
As far as this team is concerned, it looks vulnerable on the left. Chilwell is not England class.
Chilwell I concur was awful last night but he is absolutely international class and in some aspects a better player than Luke Shaw. The trouble is he's particularly fragile so is usually suffering a lack of form or fitness because he's injured so often.
+1
he was awful last night, but definitely an International player. Not sure if Hilliers is having a dig, because he's a Chelsea player, yet ignoring that even Liverpool players can have bad games?

subsub

Post by subsub »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:42 pm
+1
he was awful last night, but definitely an International player. Not sure if Hilliers is having a dig, because he's a Chelsea player, yet ignoring that even Liverpool players can have bad games?
No, I don't think he was having a dig.
I think he was just sharing his opinion on how a particular player performed on the night.
WOKE AND PROUD

antdad

Post by antdad »

Oh, I always assume Hillman is having a dig at Chelsea but in this case it really is for the wrong reason. Southgate doesn't have many options at LB and he's not averse to using meaningless friendlies for player rehab so I'm not going strong at either.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:12 pm
+1
I think he was just sharing his opinion on how a particular player performed on the night.
His opinion was that Chilwell is not England class period. Not that he was not England class (on the night)
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:37 pm
+1
His opinion was that Chilwell is not England class period. Not that he was not England class (on the night)
Do you think that Chilwell is England class?
WOKE AND PROUD

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

subsub wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:42 pm
+1
Yes and had had a shit game.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Ingerlund will win fuck all with Southgrate in charge
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

England’s biggest problem, the waistcoat wet-end aside, is the lack of back up at centre forward.

I kind of think that if England are to win a tournament it’s now or never. Kane is a world class striker, but his powers are likely only to diminish from now. After which I don’t see where the next top striker is to step into the breach.

It’s been Shearer to Owen to Rooney to Kane in terms of international class goalscorer, and they’ve transitioned between them pretty seamlessly. But as it stands, there’s no natural choice for the next man for the job.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Chilwell has played little football this season so he’s a bit rusty and it showed. He is good enough when fully fit and playing, problem is that’s not very often. Better suits a wing back role. Unfortunately there is really only him and Shaw and they are both sick notes so other wise you are fitting round pegs.

Agree about the main striker. Without Kane we look a bit toothless and don’t really have quality replacements.

Salem

Post by Salem »

I think it's fair to say if , and it's a big if , we manage to win the Euro's it'll be despite Southgate not because of him
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:42 pm
+1
I haven't seen him play often enough to form an opinion.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On