England Friendlies

Anything sportlike
antdad

Re: England Friendlies

Post by antdad »

When the stars align he can be brilliant especially in attack. Surprised me as he has everything...pace, precision, creative, final ball and final shot, that's not saying much at Chelsea atm or judging by his England performance but unfortunately he's also a very injury prone little scrote so you rarely get to see it.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Zambo wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:14 am
subsub wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:42 pm
Zambo wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:37 pm
subsub wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:12 pm
chelseachelsea wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:42 pm
antdad wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:34 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:26 pm
As far as this team is concerned, it looks vulnerable on the left. Chilwell is not England class.
Chilwell I concur was awful last night but he is absolutely international class and in some aspects a better player than Luke Shaw. The trouble is he's particularly fragile so is usually suffering a lack of form or fitness because he's injured so often.
+1
he was awful last night, but definitely an International player. Not sure if Hilliers is having a dig, because he's a Chelsea player, yet ignoring that even Liverpool players can have bad games?
No, I don't think he was having a dig.
I think he was just sharing his opinion on how a particular player performed on the night.
His opinion was that Chilwell is not England class period. Not that he was not England class (on the night)
Do you think that Chilwell is England class?
I haven't seen him play often enough to form an opinion.
I have seen him a few times. Not just versus Brazil. He was poor in the Carabao final as well.
Hits good free kicks but overall left back for me is a position England have a problem with.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Zambo wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:07 pm Southgate has a brilliant CV.

Got the only club he managed relegated, and coached the U21s
Many a good manager has got Boro relegated. :(
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Waistcoat, wasteman, wastecunt
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:32 am
As far as this team is concerned, it looks vulnerable on the left. Chilwell is not England class.
Chilwell I concur was awful last night but he is absolutely international class and in some aspects a better player than Luke Shaw. The trouble is he's particularly fragile so is usually suffering a lack of form or fitness because he's injured so often.
+1
he was awful last night, but definitely an International player. Not sure if Hilliers is having a dig, because he's a Chelsea player, yet ignoring that even Liverpool players can have bad games?
I think he was just sharing his opinion on how a particular player performed on the night.
His opinion was that Chilwell is not England class period. Not that he was not England class (on the night)
I have seen him a few times. Not just versus Brazil. He was poor in the Carabao final as well.
Hits good free kicks but overall left back for me is a position England have a problem with.
You haven’t seen him a few times this season as he has barely played. I would put him second to Shaw who is definitely good enough if fully fit. Problem is the pair are incredibly fragile.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Jonathan wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:06 pm
+1
You haven’t seen him a few times this season as he has barely played. I would put him second to Shaw who is definitely good enough if fully fit. Problem is the pair are incredibly fragile.
I saw him at Anfield, in the Carabao final and for England.
Go look again at Bradley's goal and ask yourself how on earth he could have had that amount of space . No idea what
Chilwell was doing, but he certainly wasn't in position.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:27 pm
Jonathan wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:06 pm
+1
I saw him at Anfield, in the Carabao final and for England.
Go look again at Bradley's goal and ask yourself how on earth he could have had that amount of space . No idea what
Chilwell was doing, but he certainly wasn't in position.
As has been said numerous times, he’s never been fully fit this season. Really only played so soon after injury because needs must. That game at Anfield was one of his first back. He’s definitely had a poor season because he’s had no continuity of play. Ability is not his issue, a prolonged spell of injury is. Unfortunately that may always be his problem.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:57 pm Waistcoat, wasteman, wastecunt
Indulge me. Take yourself back to the First World War. ... Your superior is standing there, telling you to 'go over the top' for almost instant death. The face telling you to do that is Gareth Southgate.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Salem

Post by Salem »

carcinogen wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:51 pm
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:57 pm Waistcoat, wasteman, wastecunt
Indulge me. Take yourself back to the First World War. ... Your superior is standing there, telling you to 'go over the top' for almost instant death. The face telling you to do that is Gareth Southgate.
Whoa there Carc .

There will be NO references to the World wars in this here bailiwick [-( . Any attempt to do so will incur instant ridicule from Subbles and his merry men
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The fucking boat race. I just can't take it seriously. Looks like an extra from a Carry On film.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Couple of decent options tonight if England v Belgium is not your football fancy.

Wales v Poland to qualify for the Euros. Hopefully glorious Welsh defeat. On S4C.

Scotland v Northern Ireland friendly might be interesting for the local rivalry. On BBC3 and BBC Scotland.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Saints11

Post by Saints11 »

Anything is better than watching an England friendly
mentioning other members is not allowed in signatures

subsub

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:20 pm Wales v Poland to qualify for the Euros. Hopefully glorious Welsh defeat. On S4C
:mrgreen:
[-o<
WOKE AND PROUD

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

I hasn't even crossed my mind to watch anything other than Wales v Poland (and before it, Georgia v Greece). Utterly no interest in England friendlies.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

The Mike and Bernie Winters of friendlies.

“Oh Gawd there’s two of ‘em!”
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022