Eurovision 2017

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
subsub

Re: Eurovision 2017

Post by subsub »

Steve Hunt wrote:But I am genuinely astounded that it generates enough interest to merit a "fanzone" :shock:

One of my work colleagues, who is in a very senior role, is obsessed with Eurovision.
I mentioned it in passing, and he admitted that he buys the CD every year, which even includes all the songs that don't make it to the final (!)

Was surprised - other than that, he's a lovely, well-adjusted chap :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Yet, you err 'somehow' always seem to watch it and comment in the threads. :) Pulling no err wool over our eyes, old friend, you love it. :wink:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Err, there's pictures of it three posts above, Steve. Course there is, there is at all big events and ain't much bigger than Eurovision. 8) And you can bring your own booze.

Hopefully a lot warmer in May in Lisbon than May in Vienna. As seen in the photos, was winter coats weather.

I know you love & fair play to you, Carlos.

But I am genuinely astounded that it generates enough interest to merit a "fanzone" :shock:

Why, Steve? It is massive. Over 200M watched the 3 live shows in 2016: https://eurovision.tv/story/eurovision- ... on-viewers Like any Euro, WC, Superbowl, Olympic city, course there is a Fanzone as fans and locals get caught up in events and not enough tickets.

As per, was at Paris fanzone last year for England v Wales. Fans from both nations, but from all nations and locals and a shite day of rain. Eurovision is the same, though admittedly as per Mooncat, there maybe a higher number of the older European homosexualist and as per my posts from Vienna, the look du jour of them is Andy Jacobs. Bald, goateed and specs, nay a bootcut jean in sight bar mine.

But still people from all nations and locals enjoying the fun. Nine shows at 20k capacity and most with tickets for one or two and locals is a lot of people. Add in it is Portugal's first win in 49 appearances, the hype is going to be big and Lisbon will be rocking. 8) And first Latin show for years.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

subsub wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:But I am genuinely astounded that it generates enough interest to merit a "fanzone" :shock:

One of my work colleagues, who is in a very senior role, is obsessed with Eurovision.
I mentioned it in passing, and he admitted that he buys the CD every year, which even includes all the songs that don't make it to the final (!)

Was surprised - other than that, he's a lovely, well-adjusted chap :mrgreen:

Wasn't he the chap that bigged up Romania? Which was my favourite as well.* There are many obsessed who watch all the countries qualifiers, Digispy forum is big on it. Too much for me. Melfest, Sweden's competition is like a mini-Eurovision and would like to go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melodifestivalen However, sometimes it is better as per this year to go in blind and just listen and hear.

* Still glorious two months later:

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Six days in Lisbon already booked as per. Tickets for the final and jury show and family show go on sale 30 November. Semis and jury shows and family shows out in the new year: https://eurovision.tv/story/first-wave- ... ision-2018 8)

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

'You Decide' in Brighton in February. Tickets only £30, shame as will be shite and on holiday the following week anyway. Got big err Måns and err big of breast, Mel: :P http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eurovision/e ... a796af2247

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Enjoy yourself Carlos. :D
Show them that boot cuts are cool as fuck. 8)
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"