Owd Betts

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Petingo

Owd Betts

Post by Petingo »

Funny name for a pub but I had lunch there yesterday and it was very good.

And very quaint.....your quintessential English country pub, just outside of Rochdale, Lancs :)
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Fug1

Re: Owd Betts

Post by Fug1 »

Petingo wrote:Funny name for a pub but I had lunch there yesterday and it was very good.

And very quaint.....your quintessential English country pub, just outside of Rochdale, Lancs :)

Used to have a pint in a boozar called "Sally up steps" before and after the Albion played at Bolton.

Clivert

Post by Clivert »

Owd Betts is about a mile up the road from my house, the pub is said to be haunted by the ghost of Bett.

A lad who I used to school to with lived there when is Dad was the landlord back in the early 90s and he said that loads of strange things used to happen there and that he believed the haunting story to be true.

Decent food there and wonderful countryside views.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Clivert wrote:Owd Betts is about a mile up the road from my house, the pub is said to be haunted by the ghost of Bett.

A lad who I used to school to with lived there when is Dad was the landlord back in the early 90s and he said that loads of strange things used to happen there and that he believed the haunting story to be true.

Indeed, the views are fantastic :)

That is a lovely part of the world you live in, Clivert :)
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Did you try their rag pudding, Pet?
Roy IN!!

finchman

Post by finchman »

Clivert wrote:Owd Betts is about a mile up the road from my house, the pub is said to be haunted by the ghost of Bett.

The southern ponces on here think its all whippets,flat caps and mobility scooters.
They reckon anywhere north of Watford is a shithole because you dont have to pay 600k for a nice gaff.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

finchman wrote:

The southern ponces on here think its all whippets,flat caps and mobility scooters.
They reckon anywhere north of Watford is a shithole because you dont have to pay 600k for a nice gaff.

I had a look on google images. And while the pub might be a gem the views are bleaker than Pishtanks soul.
Just bare hills of brown stunted grass studded with those giant fucking wind turbines.
Dont they have any bucolic sylvan glades up north?

I know they do because I've been to quite a few.
Moorland is shite.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Reg

Post by Reg »

finchman wrote:

You miserable bastard. :)

On holiday in Sorrento, and you come on here to whinge about the north. :roll:
Roy IN!!

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Reg wrote:
finchman wrote:

Mrs Finch: "Oh Finchy come to the window! Look the sunset is turning the the Tyrrhenian sea to amber! Capri is stunning, the whole bay of Naples is..is...oh I can't describe it, its wonderful...come see!"

Finchy: "Not now, luv, not now! Some southern ponce has just posted and said that Runcorn is unsightly. I'll not have any London poofter get away with that! 'Appen those southern nancies will get too big for their suede zip up boots if I let that stand unchallenged!!! Fookin poofs!"
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Basualdo wrote:
Reg wrote:
finchman wrote:

Mrs Finch: "Oh Finchy come to the window! Look the sunset is turning the the Tyrrhenian sea to amber! Capri is stunning, the whole bay of Naples is..is...oh I can't describe it, its wonderful...come see!"

Finchy: "Not now, luv, not now! Some southern ponce has just posted and said that Runcorn is unsightly. I'll not have any London poofter get away with that! 'Appen those southern nancies will get too big for their suede zip up boots if I let that stand unchallenged!!! Fookin poofs!"

To make it even better, nobody had said anything derogatory anyway.

But Finchy doesn't let a minor detail like that stop him working himself into a self-righteous fury about his beloved southern ponces.
Roy IN!!

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Reg wrote:
finchman wrote:

:lol:

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Basualdo wrote:
Reg wrote:
finchman wrote:

:lol: