Emails from Apple support

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
theleader82

Emails from Apple support

Post by theleader82 »

I keep getting emails saying someone there is suspicious activity in my account or showing songs that someone else has bought . I've checked my online banking though and no purchases seem to have been made. I don't but music anymore but download apps occasionally . Are these emails common? I'm a bit lazy and rarely change my passwords
Man U and rangers

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Emails from Apple support

Post by Basualdo »

theleader82 wrote:I keep getting emails saying someone there is suspicious activity in my account or showing songs that someone else has bought . I've checked my online banking though and no purchases seem to have been made. I don't but music anymore but download apps occasionally . Are these emails common? I'm a bit lazy and rarely change my passwords

If they are asking about your bank account or even apple account details, then theyre a scam. Ignore.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

EVERYTHING is a scam. Hth.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Probably best to sell your computer and stick to the old fashioned phone and fax and teletext for your communication and information needs. Otherwise you are going to click on something you will regret sooner or later and it isn't going to end well.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

theleader82 wrote:I keep getting emails saying someone there is suspicious activity in my account or showing songs that someone else has bought . I've checked my online banking though and no purchases seem to have been made. I don't but music anymore but download apps occasionally . Are these emails common? I'm a bit lazy and rarely change my passwords

I hope you didn't check your online banking by clicking a link in the email - if it's not a genuine email it'll have stolen your details!

Whenever you get a suspicious email a good course of action is to copy and paste a chunk of the text from the email into Google and if it's a scam you'll often find various pages talking about it.

Also just hover your mouse over the senders email and any links in the email and it should be obvious if it's legitimate or not.
I really am a biatch

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

All of that can be spoofed. Trust no-one. Bank of mattress.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN