Should ISIS fighters be allowed to return 'home'?

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Re: Should ISIS fighters be allowed to return 'home'?

Post by Royal24s »

In a typically humanitarian gesture from a country built upon the religion of peace, Bangladesh has now said, ( given the UK's assertion that she's entitled to citizenship there), that if she turns up she'll be executed.
When you hear stories like that, you can't help appreciating why our own lefties and do gooders are so drawn to and protective this culture.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Can you give me any example of "lefties and do-gooders" (what a shame that has become a term of abuse) who have been "drawn to" and "protective" of this culture?
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

How's that a term of abuse ?

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Hillman avenger wrote:Can you give me any example of "lefties and do-gooders" (what a shame that has become a term of abuse) who have been "drawn to" and "protective" of this culture?

Jesus wept. Where to start.
The left are the ones calling people Islamophobes for opposing the idea of Islamism, criticising terrorism and wanting to turn the world into a theocratic Caliphate. They do the same for any criticism of Islam. Maajid Nawaz did a very good show on it today on LBC saying exactly the same but what does he know. The left have also called him an Islamophobe for good measure.

Also the left , because it certainly wasn't the right, refused to accept a persecuted Christian asylum seeker into this country as it might offend Muslims. Probably the same reason they don't like other Christian refugees. Needless to say the Muslims probably don't mind helping Christians at all but these obsessively PC idiots are doing their thinking for them.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

You can find on the pages of this forum endless quite ridiculous defences of Islam and everything Islamic by those who might be described by that phrase.
When a terrorist attack is quite obviously Islamic they'll deny it pretty much up to the trial and sometimes try to mitigate it.
If someone dislikes Islam they'll call them racist despite the fact that the majority of anti Islam people are the same race as them. You can critisise any other religion without anyone claiming it's a race of course.
I mean , it's endless. If I should say that I'm personally unconvinced that sodomy is a great thing or oppose gay marriage I'll be accused of being a very wicked homophobe and compared with Hitler, whereas the widespread Moslem practise of killing people for being gay won't be challenged .
Similarly , disagreeing with the latest " feminist" nonsense will attract accusations of wickedness, whilst women being stoned to death for being raped or treated as property in Moslem countries won't be mentioned by the usual suspects.
Hillman asked the question, and it's the kind of stuff he does actually - Donald Trump is a danger to all women, but Moslems who beat, rape and effectively enslave them as part of their religion don't get accused of this.

It's hardly worth addressing really, because if anything is self evident it's this.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Stop the piety, it ain't great. :arrow:

Hanged in Bangladesh ain't bad, Good justice as many wish the UK to do for rebels and wrong 'uns here.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Hillman avenger

Either deliberate or careless conflation.
I have not read ANY post supporting the behaviour of Islamist societies anywhere.
I HAVE read posts supporting the rights of muslems here to sustain their culture. That is an entirely different thing.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Carlos J wrote:Stop the piety, it ain't great. :arrow:

Hanged in Bangladesh ain't bad, Good justice as many wish the UK to do for rebels and wrong 'uns here.

Not sure what you mean by that.
Odious as this girl undoubtedly is, I think hanging her for what would ,in Bangladesh ,be no more than illegal immigration would be a bit strong , but that's not the point I was making.

I was asking why ,for example, people say Donald Trump is wicked and barbaric to build a wall against illegal immigrants, but don't complain if a Moslem country says it's going to kill them.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

It's impossible to argue with them for the reasons you outlined above.

Of course one of the most famous denials / mitigations on here was to put the mass rape of underage girls down to the commonality of kebab shops and taxis.

I've said this before but they have no rationale. When asked what the left's position on any subject is initially they don't know. They have to wait for who they perceive as the right wing to speak first and say it's the opposite of that.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Royal24s wrote:

Odious as this girl undoubtedly is, I think hanging her for what would ,in Bangladesh ,be no more than illegal immigration would be a bit strong , but that's not the point I was making.

I was asking why ,for example, people say Donald Trump is wicked and barbaric to build a wall against illegal immigrants, but don't complain if a Moslem country says it's going to kill them.

I cannot answer your question about The Donald as never said that, that is for others to answer.

I abhor the death penalty as an easy option (aside any mistakes), let cunts stay in prison for premeditated murder for life with no hope of parole. I do support parole in other cases as per others, for some prison will hopefully be about rehabilitation, not recidivism.

As you know, actus reus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea. I would tend Begum gulity. As she doubtfully will go to Bangaldesh to be hanged. And despite her age at the time, happy to see her given life with no parole. But doubt she will ever leave Syria. All IMO.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Carlos J wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

I cannot answer your question about The Donald as never said that, that is for others to answer.

I abhor the death penalty as an easy option (aside any mistakes), let cunts stay in prison for premeditated murder for life with no hope of parole. I do support parole in other cases as per others, for some prison will hopefully be about rehabilitation, not recidivism.

As you know, actus reus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea. I would tend Begum gulity. As she doubtfully will go to Bangaldesh to be hanged. And despite her age at the time, happy to see her given life with no parole. But doubt she will ever leave Syria. All IMO.

Not sure that the maxims apply in Bangladesh, but if Cicero were speaking for her, he would say " ius in bello !"
I don't think she's likely to go there though. You're quite right that Syria is the best place for her, and in another story the BBC aren't mentioning too fully, Russian and Syrian forces are in the process of grinding the last remnants of Isis into the sand, so she may have already been dealt with.
My mention of Donald Trump was only in connection with recent conversations in other threads accusing him of brutality and " racism" against Moslems.

As to capital punishment , I agree completely. Having been closer than most here I expect to such cases, I'm far from convinced that killing someone else helps anything.
However, I think your point about life meaning exactly that is very important, particularly in cases where the act was quite deliberate and intentional. Most people do not plan and carry out murders, but those who have done so once are likely to do it again and we often forget in our discussions on the subject that preventing this is probably the most important factor in how we deal with these cases.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Has she committed any crimes which would be punishable with the death penalty or life in imprisonment?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Not sure but I expect Bangladesh includes membership of Isis in that. Otherwise they can only be saying they'd execute her for being an illegal immigrant.

Hillman avenger

m4rkb wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:Can you give me any example of "lefties and do-gooders" (what a shame that has become a term of abuse) who have been "drawn to" and "protective" of this culture?

Jesus wept. Where to start.
The left are the ones calling people Islamophobes for opposing the idea of Islamism, criticising terrorism and wanting to turn the world into a theocratic Caliphate. They do the same for any criticism of Islam. Maajid Nawaz did a very good show on it today on LBC saying exactly the same but what does he know. The left have also called him an Islamophobe for good measure.

Also the left , because it certainly wasn't the right, refused to accept a persecuted Christian asylum seeker into this country as it might offend Muslims. Probably the same reason they don't like other Christian refugees. Needless to say the Muslims probably don't mind helping Christians at all but these obsessively PC idiots are doing their thinking for them.

I will be optimistic here and say you can't be that stupid.
The point was about supporting the inhumane treatment handed out in foreign countries and I asked for examples of that.
Because nobody has.
And the grooming example is wrong also.
It was about the determination of you Twing and others to insist that the religion of the offenders was relevant to what they did. Despite no evidence whatsoever that their religion encouraged their acts, or even that they actually practised their religion. Their nominal religion was no more relevant than the fact that most offenders were either tax drivers or were helped by taxi drivers and that the girls were frequently first approached in kebab shops.
It was simply the determination of some here to make an unwarranted slur on a religion.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I don't think he's stupid, and I doubt anyone else does.

If you don't think that religion encourages this stuff, try reading the Quoran , cause it just does.