The standard of International football punditry

carcinogen

The standard of International football punditry

Post by carcinogen »

Fucking dogshit. I can't remember a tournament with such awful pundits and co-commentators. First the good ... I like Pougatch, he absolutely pisses on Linekar. Mark is a professional broadcaster and it shows, Gary is a fucking smug crisp salesman I can't stand his Magnus Pike 'wave your arms about' schtick ... they are told to do it because 'it brings the audience in', no it doesn't it's fucking annoying. Keane, good. Neville when he's not on his soapbox is ok but his moany Manc accent doesn't help him. The one woman, I don't know her name, on ITV ... tall girl with a Geordie accent was ok. Ex-pro guests were generally alright.

The bad. There seemed to be too many of them. BBC often had 1 presenter and four pundits. You don't need four. Then a couple more pitchside. It's too much. Personally I felt there were too many female pundits who in my mind where just there to fill a quota. Shearer rolls out the same cliches game after game after game ... he's thick. Micah is a fucking joke, may as well have the laughing policeman on set for all its worth. I can't stand Rio for personal reasons. Souey is a fucking dinosaur ... Jon Hartson is a joke.

As for Matterface ... to have him commentating on potentially the biggest game England have had in years was a FUCKING DISGRACE.

Radiowise even worse ... 'Denno' screaming down the mic like a fucking lunatic. We all know about 'Chappers' ... I go off Sutton more each time I listen to him.

I'll stop, it's making me depressed. :Hangman:
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: The standard of International football punditry

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Agree with all of that MyCarc
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Yep, can't disagree with Carcenstein

finchman

Post by finchman »

Matterface and and Dixon last night was excruciating.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

JW90

Post by JW90 »

finchman wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:01 am Matterface and and Dixon last night was excruciating.
Saw a comment that they have all the chemistry of a terrible first date. One tries far too hard and the other sounds monotone and like he doesn't want to be there.

Ally McCoist has probably become overrated but you can see how having somebody with life and enthusiasm makes everything easier to listen to.

subsub

Post by subsub »

JW90 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:12 am
finchman wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:01 am Matterface and and Dixon last night was excruciating.
Saw a comment that they have all the chemistry of a terrible first date. One tries far too hard and the other sounds monotone and like he doesn't want to be there.

Ally McCoist has probably become overrated but you can see how having somebody with life and enthusiasm makes everything easier to listen to.
:dart:
WOKE AND PROUD