The Spurs-Man City wank

Talksport - the main station discussion place
JimmyDee

The Spurs-Man City wank

Post by JimmyDee »

Everyone and his brother are making Spurs fans wanting their team to lose that game "a thing", at least on Radio Wind-Up, but here's a point I believe no-one has yet made.

A) We've all seen goalies let a soft one in, strikers missing when it was easier to score and defenders giving away a stupid penalty ... but let's just say that it happened in this game.
B) We all know that Social Media are a cess-pit of abuse.

Now, the likes of Jamie O'Hara have introduced the idea that Spurs fans want them to lose that game and, by extension, the players want to lose that game. If Spurs lose because of anything from point (A) they'll never live it down, even if it were a genuine mistake. No-one will believe it.
Poor bastards.

PLUS: do you think other fans won't mention it it the next few years?
"You wanted your team to lose!" :-)

= = =
I just wanted to post this for the record, in case it happens.
It's no good Jamie complaining about all the "trolls" and how awful it is. You enabled it.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: The Spurs-Man City wank

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

SPURTY
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Here’s a funny thing, as an Arsenal fan I couldn’t give a toss about tonight’s game. All I want is Arsenal to win their next game.

However, either way this game could be the beginning of the end for Ange at the Spuds.

- If the Spuds win, the fans will never forgive the manager or players.

- A loss or a draw, Big Ange might start questioning the fans loser mentality.

What a broken fanbase. 😂
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kentred1

Post by kentred1 »

This watch along they will be doing for this sounds horrific

JW90

Post by JW90 »

If everyone had done the decent and correct thing and allowed Liverpool to win the league by 15 points, giving Jurgen his deserved trophy, then none of these dilemmas happen.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Well Chelsea did their bit by rolling over like a plate of shit in the Carabao ET, but seems others didn't get the meeeemo
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

subsub

Post by subsub »

JudgeTedd wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:46 pm If the Spuds win, the fans will never forgive the manager or players
Nah.
I'm sure many Spurs fans secretly don't want to draw (or win) the game, but equally they must realise that professional sportsmen are not going to throw the game (unless they get visited in the dressing room like those Peru players did in 1978)
WOKE AND PROUD

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

The only time I've seen a game thrown in England was Gerrard passing it back to Drogba when Chelsea needed points to pip United to the title
There's no poem, just prose.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Did everyone get what they wanted?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

JimmyDee wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:04 am Everyone and his brother are making Spurs fans wanting their team to lose that game "a thing", at least on Radio Wind-Up, but here's a point I believe no-one has yet made.
It's been one of the most pitiful few days of TalkSport this. Utter fucking drivel. I heard some Spurs 'fan' on H and J going on and on about how he would want Spurs to lose so it would deny Arsenal the title. It was cleary a 'bit'. As I said, pitiful.

I'm actually surprised TalkSport have tried to make this 'a thing' as you say because their main sponsors these days are gambling companies. The whole gambling industry is reliant on professional sports being seen as 'above board', not 'bent' in any way. If punters think sport is fixed is any way they are less likely to gamble ... at least not gamblers who aren't addicted yet.

Fucking WOEFUL radio and an indication on how fucking desperate they are nowadays to get an audience as people leave legacy media in their droves. As an aside, I heard a bit of The Sports Bar and I have to say, it's fucking grim ... like two children with learning difficulties shouting at the tops of their voices ... I only listened to the first few minutes, I had to turn it off.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

carcinogen wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:30 am I heard some Spurs 'fan' on H and J going on and on about how he would want Spurs to lose so it would deny Arsenal the title. It was cleary a 'bit'. As I said, pitiful
They're either "telly fans" or people desperate to hear their own voices on the radio and know what to say to get on.
Anyone can pretend to be anything on the radio. "Oi be a Maaaaanchesder Ciddy faaaan, oooh ar!"

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

JW90 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:28 pm Did everyone get what they wanted?
Arsenal haven’t won their next game yet, so I’m still waiting.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

JudgeTedd wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:25 am Arsenal haven’t won their next game yet, so I’m still waiting.
That would be wonderfully amusing, though, wouldn't it? Arsenal being Champions by winning their last game against an in-form Everton and Man City losing theirs against an out-of-form West Aim.
Arsenal winning it by one point ... the one point being the goal-less draw against City, the game in which all the Top Pundits on tS slagged them off for not "having a go".

Bonus laugh: the last week of tS wank would have been all for nothing ... they won it anyway.
It probably won't happen, but what a laugh if it did. A laugh, it must be said, for the vast majority of match-attending football-fans that don't give much of a fuck about the doings in the PL, but have it rammed down our throats, as if we MUST care about it.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

One more point: it puts paid to all the "slow news day" questions concerning whether Tottenham are a Big Club or not.
Big Clubs try and win things: small clubs get snidey pleasure out of stopping someone else winning.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

JimmyDee wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:29 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:25 am Arsenal haven’t won their next game yet, so I’m still waiting.
That would be wonderfully amusing, though, wouldn't it? Arsenal being Champions by winning their last game against an in-form Everton and Man City losing theirs against an out-of-form West Aim.
Arsenal winning it by one point ... the one point being the goal-less draw against City, the game in which all the Top Pundits on tS slagged them off for not "having a go".

Bonus laugh: the last week of tS wank would have been all for nothing ... they won it anyway.
It probably won't happen, but what a laugh if it did. A laugh, it must be said, for the vast majority of match-attending football-fans that don't give much of a fuck about the doings in the PL, but have it rammed down our throats, as if we MUST care about it.
I’ve seen some amazing things regarding my team, last minute title/cup wins. Wins against the odds in Europe. Doubles. Unbeaten seasons. But that would undoubtedly be the funniest thing I’ve seen in all my years.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022