Post Brexit - part 21

In-depth debate on all topical issues
birdie

Re: Post Brexit - part 21

Post by birdie »

Zambo wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:59 pm No one will be evicted, and a solution will be found. If you are going to swamp the thread with prejudiced, one eyed scaremongering, then at least track the stories and provide updates on what actually happens. That if course won't suit your agenda, but it will give you more credibility and give more balance

Because at the moment, it just looks like one long pathetic whine, and she'd loads of sour grapes because you didn't get what you wanted eight years ago.
I gave up on credibility by some posters yonks ago, but I don't know if I really had any in the first place.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:59 pm No one will be evicted, and a solution will be found.
The fact that a solution is needed at all is testament to the disaster that is brexit, and the difficulty it imposes on people's lives in the UK.

There's no question that British farmers have been negatively impacted by the consequences of brexit occurring.

This is far from the great utopia promised by the leave campaign.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

There has been a lot if incompetence from those managing the transition. That doesn't automatically mean the decision was incorrect.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:21 pm There has been a lot if incompetence from those managing the transition. That doesn't automatically mean the decision was incorrect.
Brexit was always going to be a disaster, regardless of how the transition is managed. Brexit was built on emotion rather than economic practicality.

People unable to accept the reality of the brexit mess prefer to soothe themselves by blaming everyone/thing else.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I don't call outing those incompetent shits who have fucked this up soothing oneself. :rolleyes:
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:26 pm I don't call outing those incompetent shits who have fucked this up soothing oneself. :rolleyes:
Brexit itself is the incompetence. No government would be capable of making it a success, regardless of how much it believed in the whole thing.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

How the hell did we survive before joining the European Union??

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Pretty badly.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:04 pm Pretty badly.
That was due to Labour governments.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

chelseachelsea wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:54 pm How the hell did we survive before joining the European Union??
We had an empire, which had disintegrated by the time we joined the EEC.

antdad

Post by antdad »

...and you're conveniently forgetting the 13 years of Tory rule that preceeded Wilson. ;)

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

antdad wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:13 pm ...and you're conveniently forgetting the 13 years of Tory rule that preceeded Wilson. ;)
At least we agree Wilson and Labour completed the total fuck up of the Country :wink:

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Pre election winning...

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 9485.htmlQ

Eurostar passengers from the UK will have to use electronic kiosks before checking in for London departures when new post-Brexit EU border rules come in this year.

The cross-Channel train operator said passengers must use the machines at St Pancras station to register their passport, facial image and fingerprints, and answer four questions about their trip.

villain4eva

Post by villain4eva »

I do think we've all got to agree to disagree on this subject. I think we should all move on and respect the democratic decision. There's going to be no rerun of the referendum so let's just all move on.
I admit I voted to remain and would do again and in my mind I have no regrets. The big difference is I don't bellyache about the decision and cry over spilled milk and call people thick or racists who wanted to leave.
I'm a working class Brummie you came from humble beginnings, a lot of people from the working class voted to leave and It's often the middle classes who look down on these and think they know better and need to preach to them how they made such a terrible decision. It's all very patronising and stinks of the class system in this country.
I try to listen to LBC, but you get people Like O'Brien and Abbot who are obsessed with Brexit and won't get over it. They'll tell you how the vote was rigged by big business and off shore billionaires. I've even heard them saying it was China and Russia interfering in the vote also, none of these claims have ever been proven. I just can't understand why It's the remainers who won't stop talking about it and just moving on. The Brexiteers don't have to gloat or say anything, they won the argument end of. The decision has to stand.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

More winning...