Post Brexit - part 21

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Re: Post Brexit - part 21

Post by Zambo »

villain4eva wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:44 pm I do think we've all got to agree to disagree on this subject. I think we should all move on and respect the democratic decision. There's going to be no rerun of the referendum so let's just all move on.
I admit I voted to remain and would do again and in my mind I have no regrets. The big difference is I don't bellyache about the decision and cry over spilled milk and call people thick or racists who wanted to leave.
I'm a working class Brummie you came from humble beginnings, a lot of people from the working class voted to leave and It's often the middle classes who look down on these and think they know better and need to preach to them how they made such a terrible decision. It's all very patronising and stinks of the class system in this country.
I try to listen to LBC, but you get people Like O'Brien and Abbot who are obsessed with Brexit and won't get over it. They'll tell you how the vote was rigged by big business and off shore billionaires. I've even heard them saying it was China and Russia interfering in the vote also, none of these claims have ever been proven. I just can't understand why It's the remainers who won't stop talking about it and just moving on. The Brexiteers don't have to gloat or say anything, they won the argument end of. The decision has to stand.
Well said that man.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

More winning...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 48605.html

Brexit row as Cameron admits British tourists could be refused entry to Gibraltar
Lord Cameron endured a tense hearing with a Commons committee about a deal over the Gibraltar border with Spain

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Running out of anti Brexit stories?

See page 65

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Thanks, was wondering about that one.

Here's some more.

https://www.nationalworld.com/travel/eu ... ks-4637404

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

No probs, going to Bognor Regis this year. :D

birdie

Post by birdie »

Zambo wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:10 pm No probs, going to Bognor Regis this year. :D
As King George V said, bugger Bognor :lol: :lol:
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

villain4eva

Post by villain4eva »

Tick mate you seem very obsessed over Brexit. I'm sure It's not doing your mental wellbeing any good. Roy Twing used to cut and paste and post links to scare stories and rubbish too when I used to come here in the past. His enemies were Islam and immigration and lefties and woke culture as he saw it. Yours seems to be Brexit, Tories, Israel, Jews, gammons and anything you see as slightly right wing. You're just the same as Twing, but coming from the opposite end of the political spectrum. All it does is cause division and arguments. Maybe that's what you like, a bit of attention and trolling. Who knows you maybe really believe it, could even be a bit of a Lineker style virtue signaller. It's easy for him of course because he's a millionaire and probably uses it as a way to justify his wealth in his own mind. Maybe you're loaded too, maybe you're not and are sitting in your manky bedroom bashing out your views in your underpants with a weeks worth of Barney rubble on your face. Who knows?
You're just got to get on with life my friend and don't let these obsessions eat you up. Look after your own business and worry about number one. You can't change the world.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

A largely dormant account since 2009 and suddenly comes into life in the last week or two.

Interesting...

villain4eva

Post by villain4eva »

Been working my friend, maybe you should try it. How much do you pick up on Universal Credit these days?

Anyhow I shouldn't get trolled by an extremist like you anyway, that's why I left before.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

villain4eva wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:25 pm Been working my friend, maybe you should try it. How much do you pick up on Universal Credit these days?

Anyhow I shouldn't get trolled by an extremist like you anyway, that's why I left before.
:dart:

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

villain4eva wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:25 pm Been working my friend, maybe you should try it. How much do you pick up on Universal Credit these days?

Not suspect at all, eh?

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

villain4eva wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:44 pm I do think we've all got to agree to disagree on this subject. I think we should all move on and respect the democratic decision. There's going to be no rerun of the referendum so let's just all move on.
I admit I voted to remain and would do again and in my mind I have no regrets. The big difference is I don't bellyache about the decision and cry over spilled milk and call people thick or racists who wanted to leave.
I'm a working class Brummie you came from humble beginnings, a lot of people from the working class voted to leave and It's often the middle classes who look down on these and think they know better and need to preach to them how they made such a terrible decision. It's all very patronising and stinks of the class system in this country.
I try to listen to LBC, but you get people Like O'Brien and Abbot who are obsessed with Brexit and won't get over it. They'll tell you how the vote was rigged by big business and off shore billionaires. I've even heard them saying it was China and Russia interfering in the vote also, none of these claims have ever been proven. I just can't understand why It's the remainers who won't stop talking about it and just moving on. The Brexiteers don't have to gloat or say anything, they won the argument end of. The decision has to stand.
It's not quite like that.
We are constantly reminded of the harm it has done and will continue to do.
If you care about the country you want it put right.
As for "they won the argument" I would accept they won the vote. Not the same thing

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:37 pm
As for "they won the argument" I would accept they won the vote. Not the same thing
Stop reading this thread then, people in the real world are getting on with their lives
There's no poem, just prose.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:03 pm
Stop reading this thread then, people in the real world are getting on with their lives
I definitely need a subsub Dart for that post....

:dart:

villain4eva

Post by villain4eva »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:03 pm
I'll read what I like mate.
I moved on the same day as the vote came in.
I never wallow in things or live in the past. This country will move on to greater things if people give it a chance and stop putting it down.