Ukraine - Part 2

In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Tick

Re: Ukraine - Part 2

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:05 pm
The Tick wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:28 pm
Zambo wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:24 pm I can't get my head round the murder of innocent adults and children as peacekeeping, and it is murder as they are shelling residential areas intentionally, and agreeing a ceasefire and then shelling as soon as people leave.
Ukraine's military has murdered innocent adults and children in Luhansk and Donetsk. I don't recall any global outrage about that. Russia's actions are partly to prevent that activity happening again.
It's just another but deflection. You are still condoning the murder of civilians because Russia think they are being surrounded by an aggressive NATO without foundation. There is no way anyone can say murder is any sort of peacekeeping.
Just as in any war, there are terrible examples of civilians being caught up in crossfire. Russia isn't pursuing a military policy of indiscriminate murder.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Steve Hunt wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:00 pm
Vespa wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:27 pm

Because he wants to herd them in Russian camps.

Here is a great thread by the former Russian Foreign Minister clearly stating that Russia wants to annex Ukraine and Putin doesn't believe it's a real country.

I know David Starkey has been cancelled by and large, but he makes exactly the same point here:

David Starkey still peddles the now debunked notion that Richard III did away with the Princes in the Tower whereas most historians now accept that it was Henry V, Richard had no reason to kill his nephews, Henry had every reason.
Yeah yeah, off topic I know but Starkey is very narrow in his reasoning.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

birdie wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:23 pm
I like him.

I enjoy his history podcasts (David Starkey Talks) a lot.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Tick wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:14 pm
Zambo wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:24 pm I can't get my head round the murder of innocent adults and children as peacekeeping, and it is murder as they are shelling residential areas intentionally, and agreeing a ceasefire and then shelling as soon as people leave.
Ukraine's military has murdered innocent adults and children in Luhansk and Donetsk. I don't recall any global outrage about that. Russia's actions are partly to prevent that activity happening again.
It's just another but deflection. You are still condoning the murder of civilians because Russia think they are being surrounded by an aggressive NATO without foundation. There is no way anyone can say murder is any sort of peacekeeping.
Just as in any war, there are terrible examples of civilians being caught up in crossfire. Russia isn't pursuing a military policy of indiscriminate murder.
They are not being caught up in crossfire. They are being targeted. That unless the Russians are that shite at aiming.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Steve Hunt wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:00 pm
Vespa wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:27 pm

Because he wants to herd them in Russian camps.

Here is a great thread by the former Russian Foreign Minister clearly stating that Russia wants to annex Ukraine and Putin doesn't believe it's a real country.

I know David Starkey has been cancelled by and large, but he makes exactly the same point here:

David Starkey still peddles the now debunked notion that Richard III did away with the Princes in the Tower whereas most historians now accept that it was Henry V, Richard had no reason to kill his nephews, Henry had every reason.
I like the Starkey based solely on a rant he had women during a debate who said he came from a privileged upbringing. Starkey pointed out he was born into backbreaking poverty, born with a disabled, gay when it was a crime and achieved all his academic successes through solely his own talent. He's not without his flaws but is an impressive human.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:42 pm
They are not being caught up in crossfire. They are being targeted. That unless the Russians are that shite at aiming.
Russia invaded and started shooting at Ukrianains, the idea they aren't targeting Ukrianains is silly.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

More peacekeeping.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Steve Hunt wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:40 pm
I like him.

I enjoy his history podcasts (David Starkey Talks) a lot.
I don't dislike him, I just think he can, on occasion, he can be very blinkered in what he says, most historian accept that there are two sides to every story, he doesn't, he's always right and any other perspective is wrong.

Anyway, as it's off topic I wont pursue the argument, wouldn't want some posters getting their tighty whities in a twist at the thought that the skirmish on Bosworth Field was actually a peace keeping mission.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:42 pm
Things do go wrong on missions like these sometimes. It's rare to have a war that is free of civilian casualties. Hopefully it's kept to the utmost and most realistic minimum.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Christ almighty the amount of sanctimoious cunts from west london who are calling-in to LBC is unreal. "I've given up my spare room, Chole has given up her clarinet lessons so she can spare her room for a Ukrainian refufee". Do me a favour. These are the same people who drive Chelsea Tractors and fund despots.

l
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

carcinogen wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:02 pm Christ almighty the amount of sanctimoious cunts from west london who are calling-in to LBC is unreal. "I've given up my spare room, Chole has given up her clarinet lessons so she can spare her room for a Ukrainian refufee". Do me a favour. These are the same people who drive Chelsea Tractors and fund despots.

l
People with empathy offering their homes to people fleeing genocide - what cunts.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

carcinogen wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:02 pm Christ almighty the amount of sanctimoious cunts from west london who are calling-in to LBC is unreal. "I've given up my spare room, Chole has given up her clarinet lessons so she can spare her room for a Ukrainian refufee". Do me a favour. These are the same people who drive Chelsea Tractors and fund despots.

l

In other words they've blagged themselves a Ukrainian nanny at reduced rates.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

The Tick wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:07 pm
In other words they've blagged themselves a Ukrainian nanny at reduced rates.
Is Chole, Chloe or some new name? And yes at Tick for once IMO, daddy ain't going to be complaining either. :P
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Be interesting to see if Europe can cut itself off from Russia's hydrocarbons over the next few years.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

No need for a debate on net zero. It's off the menu now.