Harvey Weinstein

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
The Tick

Re: Las Vegas shooting

Post by The Tick »

Eaststand wrote:but they took the perks of going along with it, didnt they?

And you believe them why?
people are coerced into accepting mistreatment from employers in order to pursue their career or simply earn their keep. It’s a catch 22 for them

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Or, not do it, tell the authorities, and get another job.

Yeah, thats what a normal person would do. Oh, but then they wouldnt get famous, would they? I see now.
Build Back More Betterer

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

The Tick wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Zambo wrote:Speak up at the time or keep your trap shut. We all know why they didn't make the accusations when they were supposed to have happened, and that was their choice. So it should be tough titty now.

Speaking up is tough when you have a powerful Hollywood mogul to contend with. As we see with the victim blaming going on this thread, which is a microcosm of the victim blaming that goes on in society and at institutional levels. Victims should speak out at the time of assault, but for many reasons they are too fearful to do so.

The actresses that stood up to Weinstein saw their careers ruined. It is only just that he now faces the same humiliation himself.

I think you're mistaking fear for ambition, big difference.

People like Weinstein do play on people’s ambitions to try and get them to do what he wants. If there is a consensual affair then that is not an offence.

But in Weinstein’s case, we have accounts of unwanted sexual advances and him forcing himself on women. That is what people are now speaking against.

I would imagine he "forced" himself on the vast majority of the women he met, I'm not excusing his behaviour, I'm sure he knew exactly how it worked much like the women he forced himself on, the point is it's taken this long for it to come to light not because of what he did, rather the way it'll now be received in the public eye.

It makes me laugh the way James Corden has been publicly hung over a few one liners on Weinsteins behaviour, it's almost comical that people don't realise he's obviously sucked a few dicks to get where he is and is comfortable enough to joke about it.
Brilliantly Honest

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Eaststand wrote:Or, not do it, tell the authorities, and get another job.

Yeah, thats what a normal person would do. Oh, but then they wouldnt get famous, would they? I see now.

And there are women who spoke out and stood up to Weinstein, and had their careers ruined and their names sullied. The fear engendered by that discouraged other women from doing the same. It’s all about putting responsibility and blame solely on the victim. Damned whatever action they take

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Apologies if I've missed something obvious (I'm certainly not going read back umpteen pages) but when did this become the harvey weistein thread?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

The Tick wrote:

And there are women who spoke out and stood up to Weinstein, and had their careers ruined and their names sullied. The fear engendered by that discouraged other women from doing the same. It’s all about putting responsibility and blame solely on the victim. Damned whatever action they take

I bet you're a real giggle at cocaine orgies.
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The Tick wrote:

Not at all. Remarkable isn’t it with all the strong, influential women in the acting, celebrity litigation and agency community in Hollywood that no one could have come out and gone to the enforcement authorities. We’re not talking about toilet cleaners from Central America on below minimum wage who have been threatened with being returned to drug cartels are we? Struggling with your explanations that women had to wait years or decades to report this. No real responsibility or inner strength for waiting until everyone comes out of the woodwork. Very tawdry, undignified and without credibility from where I am sitting.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Eaststand wrote:
The Tick wrote:

I bet you're a real giggle at cocaine orgies.

Not sure what that statement has to do with the debate.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Well, I don't think Harvey and Rose will be inviting you to one of theirs.
Build Back More Betterer

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

And that statement neither.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Right that's it, you don't get my jokes, so I'm accusing you of rape.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Build Back More Betterer

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

kancutlawns wrote:
The Tick wrote:

Not at all. Remarkable isn’t it with all the strong, influential women in the acting, celebrity litigation and agency community in Hollywood that no one could have come out and gone to the enforcement authorities. We’re not talking about toilet cleaners from Central America on below minimum wage who have been threatened with being returned to drug cartels are we? Struggling with your explanations that women had to wait years or decades to report this. No real responsibility or inner strength for waiting until everyone comes out of the woodwork. Very tawdry, undignified and without credibility from where I am sitting.

Again the fact they are rich and known isn't enough. We've seen how women in Hollywood are still treated unfairly in many ways, from salaries to casting and now in the case of sexual harassment and assault. The culture in Hollywood is one that still benefits the wealthy men who control it.

And many of the actresses who were subjected to Weinstein's advances were unknown at the time and those who spoke out were cut out of Hollywood and ignored thereafter. Now we have a mixture of high and low profile actresses coming out, perhaps relieved that the initial accusers have not faced severe reprimand as others had done in the past. The attitude towards women is becoming more fair, but is still lagging especially industries such as Hollywood.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Eaststand wrote:Right that's it, you don't get my jokes, so I'm accusing you of rape.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I may have recognised it as a joke if you'd actually bothered to make it funny.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

stay away from me, rapist! I said you were a rapist first, so its true.
Build Back More Betterer

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

The Tick wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
The Tick wrote:

Again the fact they are rich and known isn't enough. We've seen how women in Hollywood are still treated unfairly in many ways, from salaries to casting and now in the case of sexual harassment and assault. The culture in Hollywood is one that still benefits the wealthy men who control it.

And many of the actresses who were subjected to Weinstein's advances were unknown at the time and those who spoke out were cut out of Hollywood and ignored thereafter. Now we have a mixture of high and low profile actresses coming out, perhaps relieved that the initial accusers have not faced severe reprimand as others had done in the past. The attitude towards women is becoming more fair, but is still lagging especially industries such as Hollywood.

he feels sorry for people making £20 million a movie instead of £30.

This geezers insane.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Build Back More Betterer