Paul M Cat Ross

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Rowntree

Re: Paul M Cat Ross

Post by Rowntree »

kevin04 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:37 pm Ross is alright.

He knows a little about a lot and the times I have heard him, TBH, he comes across as a decent enough guy. At least he tries making his shows semi-interesting and covers different topics from the usual on TS.
His show, and I hear too much of it, is remarkably repeptitive and, I have to say, boring. Two lots of 'today's birthdays' every single night. Dildo Sam Stevens interjecting with pretence of understanding who any of them are. It's not great.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

General-Ripper

Post by General-Ripper »

What makes them think anyone gives a flying fuck that it happens to be someones birthday? They know this of course but need to pad the show with endless filler.

Happened to tune in in the middle of the night once and Ross was discussing The Sooty Show in excruciating detail.He knew the names of all Sooty's bit part puppet friends and even his loyal sidekick was freaked out.

Ross realized he'd given everyone an insight into his bizarre psyche and ran damage control,claiming it was due to having five kids.He is the Joe Exotic of radio-minus the big cats.
Year Zero.Brought to you in association with Talksport.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

General-Ripper wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:27 pm What makes them think anyone gives a flying fuck that it happens to be someones birthday? They know this of course but need to pad the show with endless filler.
Years ago Mark and Lard used to read out extracts from the "On this day" book (apparently an actual book issued to radio presenters) for the next day, for us to spot how many local radio stations used them to pad out the shows. It was quite amusing when they did.
"On this day in 1867 Hiram Q Fassenberg invented the Victoria sponge", and so forth.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Rosw and Simple Sam Stevens discussing Celtic and Rangers joining the Prem FFS. :roll:

Simple wouldn't be against the idea and not knowing any football history mentions Swansea and Cardiff playing in the English league. Omitting old Wrexham, this fucker is the socalled brains of the show. And likes quoting Jordan.

A shitshow as usual. Roll on celebrity birthdays for more intelligent radio. :roll:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Ha simple Sam Stevens asked Ross about ''Fitzcarraldo', interesting. Thankfully, Ross does know a bit about old films and remembered it

Cue then, simple Sam reading iff some Mr Wiki facts about something he knows nothing about (see a pattern here?) :roll:

Ross also mentioned Herzog and Kinski in the earlier 'Aguirre, the Wrath of God'

Kudos to the M-Cat taking, fella fucking, confused Riss. At least he knows some good old films.

Simple Sam Stevens, reinforces himself as a useless cunt, relying on Mr Wiki. Shame on you, Sam, Shane on you. :roll:

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Carlos J wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:33 amKudos to the M-Cat taking, fella fucking, confused Riss. At least he knows some good old films.
:lol:
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Yes, Simple Sam 'Mr Wiki' Stevens and Ross, I do know why the Derby is called the Derby. Simple Sam seems mesmerised by how it came about. Or maybe he thought he found a bit of Mr Wiki trivia, not many know, though a lot do know.

What is this cunts value? Hospital radio reading out birthdays and deaths and shite he read on Mr Wiki. :roll:

Ross still calls him super producer Sam Stevens. Either taking the piss, wanting to fuck his younger arse or both. :arrow:

Jim1981

Post by Jim1981 »

Manhunter is a shit film. Don't take advice from a deranged drug addled sexual deviant. Who the fuck knew eh.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Jim1981 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:44 am Manhunter is a shit film. Don't take advice from a deranged drug addled sexual deviant. Who the fuck knew eh.
No, Jim. It's very dated and of its time (Michael Mann) but is still a good film IMO. And Cox as Lecter is very good. Can't really remenber the remake as 'Red Dragon' but have seen. Have read the book though.

But as all, it's a game of opinions.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

I've heard this insomnia feature a couple of times now. What's it got to do with sport ? Overnight payola ?
There's no poem, just prose.

antdad

Post by antdad »

What is the choice for overnight insomniacs or overnight workers dear Carlos, Paul Dross and Simple Sam or Doton *I really can sing" Adebayo?

How the later escaped the cull, I do not know.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

antdad wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:00 am What is the choice for overnight insomniacs or overnight workers dear Carlos, Paul Dross and Simple Sam or Doton *I really can sing" Adebayo?

How the later escaped the cull, I do not know.
As per, used to love dear Rhod on 'Up All Night'. :( Could tolerate Dotun for a bit but no more The World Service is still good if you want quality news output.

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

If only the weekend overnight presenters were on through the week, and vice versa. Kelner is always a good listen, and the fella on Five - Jim something - is decent. Ross is increasingly more and more unlistenable, and I can never tolerate Adebayo for more than a few minutes.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Rowntree wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:30 am If only the weekend overnight presenters were on through the week, and vice versa. Kelner is always a good listen, and the fella on Five - Jim something - is decent. Ross is increasingly more and more unlistenable, and I can never tolerate Adebayo for more than a few minutes.
Yep.

The Ultimate Worrier

Post by The Ultimate Worrier »

I've had the misfortune to listen to some utter bird guff over the years, but the Paul Ross show following England's Semi final win yesterday provided what has to be by far the worst hour of radio ever broadcast nationally.

He had so many calls to get through. So many. The trouble for everyone involved was that neither Ross or the mostly inebriated callers had anything to say, and Ross seemed determined to batter through the calls like he was working in customer service in a call centre where productivity is the only performance indicator. This man is not getting paid by the hour.

"Next up we've got Pete on the line, where did you watch the game Pete?"
"Yeah, Great show mate, I just called in because I was listening to Southgate,,,"
"Thanks James, we've lots of calls to get through. Next up is ,,,,"

This circus went on for an hour. If I wasn't in bed and the remote wasn't more than an arms length away I'd have put myself out my misery after a few minutes. Tremendously grim radio.