queen or phil the greek about to croak?

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Ralph
Forum Admin

Re: queen or phil the greek about to croak?

Post by Ralph »

Steve Hunt wrote:Oh dear.......

Here's how the Sun's website mistakenly reported Prince Philip's death earlier today amid social media speculation about an "emergency meeting" of royal staff.

The story was quickly taken down and Buckingham Palace released a statement saying the duke was in fact planning his retirement.

:lol:

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

mark wrote:That thing. Owned by a dangerous man's corporation. Operated by dangerously useless clowns and employing dangerously one eyed twats.

Hope Ofcom are taking note of what's going on in America with Rupert Murdoch's Fox News. Question should be, is he a fit a proper person to own 40% of Sky, not whether he should be allowed to buy the rest of it. It'll be scandalous if they just wave it through soon after the election.

JimmyDee

Re: queen or phil the german about to croak?

Post by JimmyDee »

delboy1983 wrote:from Wiki
Nationality: British, Greek
I don't give a fuck what Wiki says. Look at pictures of him as a young man and tell me if he looks Greek or Danish?
I have stated my opinion, and am not about to change my pig-headed mind. So there.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Phil the Dane isn't as much craic..
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Wonder how much it cost to bring over 500 staff from all over the shop, no doubt at first class rates. What is the fuck wrong with sending an email for this trivial dross.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

JimmyDee wrote:
I don't give a fuck what Wiki says. Look at pictures of him as a young man and tell me if he looks Greek or Danish?
I have stated my opinion, and am not about to change my pig-headed mind. So there.

His Dad was Greek, and his Mother Danish, apparently.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Bit like Cat Stevens then, although I think his mother was Swedish or something.
They used to have a cafe in Kilburn.
Of course, he went on to be a pop singer rather than going the Royal route, but it makes you wonder how different it would have been if he'd married Princess Anne or something. He'd have been able to do a lot of his own music at the Royal events without involving Elton John of course, but on the other hand if he'd still gone on to convert to Islam it would've potentially caused a constitutional crisis.
Imagine how different the changing of the guard would be with the massed band of the Grenadier Guards playing "Peace Train" and wearing big beards.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

JimmyDee wrote:

Stick to your guns Jimmy :)
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Royal24s wrote:Bit like Cat Stevens then, although I think his mother was Swedish or something.
They used to have a cafe in Kilburn.
Of course, he went on to be a pop singer rather than going the Royal route, but it makes you wonder how different it would have been if he'd married Princess Anne or something. He'd have been able to do a lot of his own music at the Royal events without involving Elton John of course, but on the other hand if he'd still gone on to convert to Islam it would've potentially caused a constitutional crisis.
Imagine how different the changing of the guard would be with the massed band of the Grenadier Guards playing "Peace Train" and wearing big beards.
Greek Cypriot I believe
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Diana's old flame Hewitt is looking very poorly after a stroke and heart attack. I didn't want to tempt fate by mentioning it
in the dead thread .Speedy recovery you old rascal.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:Diana's old flame Hewitt is looking very poorly after a stroke and heart attack. I didn't want to tempt fate by mentioning it

I don't think he's going to make it. Quite shocking really, he always struck me as someone who would have kept an eye on his health. I wonder what the odds on Phil outliving James were?
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Wonder if the truth will come out after his death.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:Diana's old flame Hewitt is looking very poorly after a stroke and heart attack. I didn't want to tempt fate by mentioning it

Would be sad for harry to lose his dad 20 years after his mum.