The rise and rise of Happy Pills

In-depth debate on all topical issues
m4rkb

Re: The rise and rise of Happy Pills

Post by m4rkb »

I must admit I've changed my tune in recent years over depression , partly because I have never met a proper clinical depressive, just people swinging the lead hoping for a bit of sympathy or inventing the scenario for one reason or another for some type of advantage like just being a lazy cunt. Basically people who claim to be depressed the second something goes against them.

I still haven't met one and am generally disbelieving of people who claim they are depressed but a bit of further delving told me a proper clinical case is one where the brain virtually stops functioning. I think it was Stan Collymore who put up a picture of normal brain function to that of a proper clinical depressive. I took some convincing but the penny dropped in the end.

But as far as the drugs are concerned I heard a rumour that anti-depressants were in fact depressants and the reason for this was that once you came off them , you immediately felt a lot better. No sure if this is true but the logic checks out.

Then there's an alternative type scenario with people taking copious amounts of MDMA (Es) which eventually depletes your serotonin levels leaving you depressed. I heard they tried giving this the depressives and to some extent it worked ,obviously up to a point.

But for me if I were prescribed any long term drug I'd be worried and want to come off it asap , alcohol excluded.

The biggest threat we have to mental health nowadays is the high usage of very high strength cannabis which has lead quite a few people I know , and and God knows how many I don't, to have psychosis and other mental health issues.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Stans not depressed though. hes a massive cunt. A massive cunt who uses his alleged depression as an excuse for his deplorable behaviour.
Build Back More Betterer

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Eaststand wrote:Stans not depressed though. hes a massive cunt. A massive cunt who uses his alleged depression as an excuse for his deplorable behaviour.

I agree. But his picture of a non functoining brain owned by someone else was still a good turning point.

John Gregory called him out at the Villa over it claiming someone playing for a botton end team struggling to pay his mortgage had a better claim to depression than our Stan.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

m4rkb wrote:
Eaststand wrote:Stans not depressed though. hes a massive cunt. A massive cunt who uses his alleged depression as an excuse for his deplorable behaviour.

I agree. But his picture of a non functoining brain owned by someone else was still a good turning point.

John Gregory called him out at the Villa over it claiming someone playing for a botton end team struggling to pay his mortgage had a better claim to depression than our Stan.

:lol: :lol: :lol: i dont know why that tickled me so much, but it did.
Build Back More Betterer

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

It's the way I tell em. :D

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Ralph wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Indeed, Ralph. And we have a new chap to help out. My old mod mate Zambo is back on board modding. :)

That wiĺl please or piss off people depending, but he wants this section sorted as well.

Nothing to lose is there. D&D has been allowed to descend into utter chaos. Far worse than any problems in the past.

Bit of an exaggeration Ralph. What about the Civil War or the Potato famine ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

It seems exactly the same as it was 3 years ago to me.

Everyone shouting their opinions over and over, no one conceding an inch. And repeat.

Its never been a debate section, its been a ranting section.
Build Back More Betterer

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

It's had its moments. Can't think of any , but I'm sure it has.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I used to use chat rooms in free countries and although there was better debate there was also a lot of abuse which was far more extreme than this

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Actually, if you're allowed to stand up for yourself the tossers soon get beaten and go away.
The real solution is for them to get a better abusive answer back than they gave out but that'd be standing up to bullies, and that's not allowed anymore, is it ?

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

you're supposed to learn in debate though, its not just "im right and you're wrong"
Build Back More Betterer

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Eaststand wrote:you're supposed to learn in debate though, its not just "im right and you're wrong"

Well I don't know so much Eastland. In the first place I come from a generation where winning was very important, and I used to get paid by people for arguing their points and they do expect you to win if possible whether they're right or wrong.
Sometimes it's important to win and sometimes it's not. I tend to think that there's a duty to win against bullies and bad people, especially if not everyone can, and sometimes it's just fun.
It depends what you're up to here and from my point of view that's not always the same. Often I'm having a bit of a wind up or a little dig at some dogmatic little twat who'd really like to shoot people who disagree with their ill founded dictats. Mostly I'm just enjoying a bit of casual entertainment. Then, occasionally I might be saying something I really mean.

Personally I think there's room for all sorts of stuff here, including people having little battles between themselves, as long as they're continuing to make points and not simply posting abuse and counter abuse without any other content .

As far as learning goes, well that CAN happen but I'd question whether anyone could or would debate a point which they hadn't already considered and formed a strong view about - no, I take that back because they do but they really shouldn't .

Thing is that those here who have most to learn here are the most resistant to doing so in my experience.
Ocassionally we have a rewarding and encouraging exchange as we did one evening recents about poppies, and that sort of thing makes it worth participating.
Forgive me, I'm thinking directly onto the keyboard so it may seem contradictory but I think,,despite the title it's more about conversation and human interaction than debate here and that's sometimes disappointing I know, but sometimes productive and often entertaining.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Recently not recents

Maude

Post by Maude »

Big respect to Del for being so honest. Very brave mate.

It is a pity some posters feel the need to trash him for it.

To suggest that he should stop coming on the forum as it will make his depression worse, is staggering, and suggests more about the bullying mentality of some.

I'm here for you Del mate if you ever need to talk.

Very sad what the forum is becoming, very sad.
#MAUDE4MOD

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Maude wrote:Big respect to Del for being so honest. Very brave mate.

It is a pity some posters feel the need to trash him for it.

To suggest that he should stop coming on the forum as it will make his depression worse, is staggering, and suggests more about the bullying mentality of some.

I'm here for you Del mate if you ever need to talk.

Very sad what the forum is becoming, very sad.

Thanks Maude ,appreciated
It would suit certain posters agendas for me to fold but I won't
There are more people I get on with on here than I dont.
My enemies infer I have made by battles with depression up,wish I had.
I need this place even when it gets rough :!:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year