The all new Five Live mega thread

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Eaststand

Re: The all new Five Live mega thread

Post by Eaststand »

kancutlawns wrote:
Eaststand wrote:She has, but now its a superpower that makes her super godly and unable to do no wrong.

you know, normal media shit.

I don't really see her that much these days but much of the BBC women like Rachel Burden are fucking awful.

Dont see her that much?

Her stupid fucking advert about her shitty book about how she got ill then got better is everywhere.
Build Back More Betterer

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:and took the opportunity to do a 'look at me' programme about it and of course wrote a book to cash in on it as well

Now now, no one has ever had cancer like her. Its only right she wrote a book documenting this scientific first.
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

That's that current affairs, daytime programme on BBC 2 I've watched once or twice but she doesn't seem to be in one's face as much as when she was actually on 5Live in the mornings. That Shelagh Fogarty woman who's now on LBC is God awful. A dire presenter and a rampant feminist.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

kancutlawns wrote:That's that current affairs, daytime programme on BBC 2 I've watched once or twice but she doesn't seem to be in one's face as much as when she was actually on 5Live in the mornings. That Shelagh Fogarty woman who's now on LBC is God awful. A dire presenter and a rampant feminist.

Probably upwards of 16 stone, face like a melted welly and the charisma of the tree that's outside my window.
There's no poem, just prose.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Haven't listened to Five Live in a long-time barring the occasional dalliance with Dotun's world football phone-in (Vickery is a don).

However, Phil Williams is the single most boring radio 'personality' in the UK. I remember when he used to do a feature where members of the public would call up to speak to a mechanic about their car problems. Fucking hell! :lol:
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Mike mendoza did that for a while on TS. it was dull.
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

kevin04 wrote:Riley suspended? Brilliant!

Horrible stuff for the woman, but Riley has always grated especially as he tends to speak in the third person and repeat his name about 10 times every bulletin.

The old chummy, slick, I love myself act come undone.

Fucking hell!! You're right. :shock: He's been rumbled fro accusations by Mishal Hussain. Blimey.

So what about the Bromance between George and Nicky Campbell and Burden too? Made me sick at the best of times, hope Campbell has sleepless nights with the banter he exchanged with a sex pest and being best buddies on air. Revolting.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Zippy wrote:Haven't listened to Five Live in a long-time barring the occasional dalliance with Dotun's world football phone-in (Vickery is a don).

However, Phil Williams is the single most boring radio 'personality' in the UK. I remember when he used to do a feature where members of the public would call up to speak to a mechanic about their car problems. Fucking hell! :lol:

It’s still on most weeks, as is Aggie the cleaning woman dispensing invaluable advice on how to get a stain out of a carpet.
There's no poem, just prose.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

That George Riley fella did Ch5's Championship football, he looked about 5ft 2in. What is it with short men? They all seem to be twats.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Any mention of Reily on the 5Live news headlines I wonder or has his whereabouts been conveniently airbrushed out? Campbell must be a little embarrassed that he had a bromance with the alleged sex pest. Listening now to 5Live.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

I know this may strike you as an odd concept Lawnsy, but he's not actually guilty of anything yet - so even if some bloke who reads the sports news on a breakfast radio show was a worthy news story, in this case there's nothing more to report.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Actually Lawnsy it was mentioned yesterday on the news and that he had been suspended. It’s not necessary to keep its in the news everyday and as Lou said, he’s not guilty of anything yet.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Jonathan wrote:Actually Lawnsy it was mentioned yesterday on the news and that he had been suspended. It’s not necessary to keep its in the news everyday and as Lou said, he’s not guilty of anything yet.

Good.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

carcinogen wrote:That George Riley fella did Ch5's Championship football, he looked about 5ft 2in. What is it with short men? They all seem to be twats.

Our very own thumb-sized forum detective could solve this mystery
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Lou Grant wrote:I know this may strike you as an odd concept Lawnsy, but he's not actually guilty of anything yet - so even if some bloke who reads the sports news on a breakfast radio show was a worthy news story, in this case there's nothing more to report.

You have clearly missed my point.